Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you think any less of a girl because they masturbate? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's perfectly normal. Don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, I'd find it stranger if they didn't to be honest.

A large part of having a healthy sex life in a relationship is being able to be open about what you like - Its a lot trickier to have that conversation if the answer is 'I don't know, I haven't tried'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know it sounds silly but I do a lot. I know lots of girls masturbate in the world and I'm not the only one but in my maths class, a group were discussing it so I eaves dropped and they said it indicates promiscuity. None of my friends masturbate, and my friends are people that'd easily admit if they did. I'm not easy, never done anything like that, so naturally it annoyed me but I wondered if any other guys held the same opinion. I do feel weirded out after I masturbate too, because it doesn't feel like I should be doing it.
    Every girl masterbates. Fact! If they say they don't, they are lying!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    a girl once told me she rubbed one out thinking about me before we started dating........

#majorturnon

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, the only guy that would hate the idea of a woman masterbating is the kind of man that would be in favour of FGM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    No, I'd probably think less of them if they didn't for prudish reasons.
    I'm a little perturbed that an H&R moderator is taking such an intolerant line. 'Prudish' is just as derogatory as 'slutty'; people should be left to decide for themselves how to behave sexually without fear of reprisal from 'slut' or 'prude'-shamers alike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birkenhead)
    i'm a little perturbed that an h&r moderator is taking such an intolerant line. 'prudish' is just as derogatory as 'slutty'; people should be left to decide for themselves how to behave sexually without fear of reprisal from 'slut' or 'prude'-shamers alike.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I know it sounds silly but I do a lot. I know lots of girls masturbate in the world and I'm not the only one but in my maths class, a group were discussing it so I eaves dropped and they said it indicates promiscuity. None of my friends masturbate, and my friends are people that'd easily admit if they did. I'm not easy, never done anything like that, so naturally it annoyed me but I wondered if any other guys held the same opinion. I do feel weirded out after I masturbate too, because it doesn't feel like I should be doing it.
    I wouldnt think less of a girl for masturbating. we all do it.

in fact I think less of girls who say they don't because I know they're lying

****ing wow.

Well, I'm sorry for not masturbating.

According to some of the replies in this thread, as a non-masturbator, I'm either a liar or a prude. Good to know... :grumble:

ReputationRep:
    ****ing wow.

According to some of the replies in this thread, as a non-masturbator, I'm either a liar or a prude. Good to know... :grumble:
    Or you simply haven't reaped the benefits, due to being too young to have got round to experimenting.

****ing wow.

The truth is it's a great, healthy thing to be able to do. If you don't or can't masturbate, I would say in most cases you'd benefit from changing that.

I didn't masturbate until I was about 20. Through gentle support and encouragement, my boyfriend helped me "discover myself". Frankly, before that I was a prude, and not able to fully enjoy sex or my own sexuality. Though I didn't realise that. I still enjoyed sex, and felt as you do - how important can it be?

But being able to make myself orgasm, has marked a huge point of change in my sexual ability and confidence. A kind of growing up. I look back and find my previous sexual condition to be very naive, and limited. It's not very easy for me to see anyone else who doesn't, in a dissimilar (if not still sympathetic) light.

This is why people may make such comments that may come across offensive or patronising to those who don't masturbate.

It's no slur on you personally, doesn't make you bad, doesn't even make you a prude, necessarily. Nor do you owe masturbation to anyone else. It's completely about you. Nevertheless, if you don't know how to make yourself orgasm, can't sexually enjoy yourself, by yourself - you're missing a big chunk of sexual experience and ability, that is just as important as sex with a partner, maybe even more so. I hope this doesn't upset you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    I'm a little perturbed that an H&R moderator is taking such an intolerant line. 'Prudish' is just as derogatory as 'slutty'; people should be left to decide for themselves how to behave sexually without fear of reprisal from 'slut' or 'prude'-shamers alike.
    You're right. My wording was poorly chosen and I apologise for that. Please remember that I am human before I'm a mod. I'm not perfect.

I'll clarify my point. I'd think less of someone who refused to try something for unreasonable or illogical reasons in the face of reason (e.g its disgusting/selfish/wrong/causes health problems) basically I would think less of someone for not doing so when the reasons they give also means that they are judging others for making a different choice. That's what I meant by prudish. I didn't think about the fact that what it means to me is different to what it means for others and that was thoughtless.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.