Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spetznaaz)

Here's a fun fact for you OP - Women are physically inferior to men.

I'm a man but there are plenty of women who can run faster than me, lift heavier weights than me, swimmer longer distances than me, and so on, and so on.

Fun 'facts' aren't so much fun when they are based on generalisations which are easily contradicted in specific cases.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiomasher)
    I'm a man but there are plenty of women who can run faster than me, lift heavier weights than me, swimmer longer distances than me, and so on, and so on.

Fun 'facts' aren't so much fun when they are based on generalisations which are easily contradicted in specific cases.
    I didn't realise i had to state i am talking on average, thought that was kinda implied. Yes there will always be women who are stronger than men, i was talking as a whole. The strength differences between men and women are significant, backed up by a lot of scientific data.. All you gotta do is go look at the world record lifting stats between men and women.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise i had to state i am talking on average, thought that was kinda implied. Yes there will always be women who are stronger than men, i was talking as a whole. The strength differences between men and women are significant, backed up by a lot of scientific data.. All you gotta do is go look at the world record lifting stats between men and women.
    This is TSR, where people will try and pick apart any part of an argument no matter how illogical it makes them sound. You point was well implied but we both know that most of the users here don't understand implications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2209)
    That's illegal under Equal Pay laws.
    Because, as soon as something becomes illegal, it never happens ever again. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simplylldxo)

I came across this article on Buzzfeed earlier today and it's about this tumblr which is called Women Against Feminism (go search for it if you wish to but prepared to get angry like I did). Basically the article posted pictures of 15 women holding up placards with why they are anti-feminism (although I don't understand why women would want to be anti-feminists but that's my opinion) but the cards didn't make sense in terms of what they think feminism is actually about as the cards kept mentioning playing the victim, self-control etc.
    I felt quite suspicious about that Women Against Feminism thing. I suspect that in many cases the women had been pressured by men to take part in it and it certainly smacked of something driven by men.

The usual arguments are being trotted out here, the lead argument being that feminism is now 'no longer needed', because 'women have it all sorted'. Only a man could say that. Feminism is needed more than ever, especially when you see the astonishing extent to which young guys currently at college are completely running the most outrageous sexism at us, including here on TSR. Something went wrong after the last major phase of feminist activity. Men somehow decided that they had basically given enough consideration to it and that their sexism was sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiomasher)

The difference being, in all likelihood, that they had to put in more effort to achieve that.

ReputationRep:
    Even the dictionary definition of feminism is sexist and one sided.

the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

What about Men's rights? What about human rights?

ReputationRep:
    The fact that all the people in this thread saying 'we don't need feminism' are men says alot really doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Even the dictionary definition of feminism is sexist and one sided.

the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

What about Men's rights? What about human rights?
    It's one-sided because the state of affairs it campaigns against is one-sided (towards the other side), that's the entire point.

Should we consider Martin Luther King 'racist and one-sided' because he didn't also have a 'white rights' campaign?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    It's one-sided because the state of affairs it campaigns against is one-sided (towards the other side), that's the entire point.

Should we consider Martin Luther King 'racist and one-sided' because he didn't also have a 'white rights' campaign?
    martin luther king did't brand all men as rapists lmao. And Feminism take's issues that affect both men and women equally and try to play down men's rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)

Martin Luther King didn't claim he was for the whites and the blacks. He was there for the blacks and them alone. Feminism claims to be for both men and women yet only focuses on women.

ReputationRep:
    Here's a fun fact for you OP - Women are physically inferior to men.
    Oh, so as a man you're also capable of giving birth and breastfeeding a baby, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I felt quite suspicious about that Women Against Feminism thing. I suspect that in many cases the women had been pressured by men to take part in it and it certainly smacked of something driven by men.
    Yes, I have heard that argument before. Female criminals sometimes say, there was a man that made her do it, after all women are so pure & innocent? Women don't lie or talk bad about feminism.
    Women Against Feminism are saying no to feminism. Remember 'No means No'.

There's too many women for me to read all of what they say, but the gist is that it is ruining relationships; as women become mothers to boys they realise how society treats them & also their rights as grandparents; they can see through the manipulative feminist scams to gain rights for women like the victimhood mentailty, blaming men for all of women's trouble, whilst not helping boys/men.
    https://www.facebook.com/WomenAgains.../photos_stream

The usual arguments are being trotted out here, the lead argument being that feminism is now 'no longer needed', because 'women have it all sorted'. Only a man could say that.
    Feminism is needed more than ever, especially when you see the astonishing extent to which young guys currently at college are completely running the most outrageous sexism at us, including here on TSR.
    Err, no the men are saying it is a supremist idealogy, get your head out of the sand. Boys & men are fighting for equal rights, whilst feminist policy focuses on women's advancement only. There is a list here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post48629376
    It needs updating, as thread already mentions UK males 16+ can't be raped & boys don't have the right to choose if they want to be circumcised so male genital mutilation is not illegal, etc.
    Do you want to know more?

Something went wrong after the last major phase of feminist activity. Men somehow decided that they had basically given enough consideration to it and that their sexism was sorted.
    What was the last major phase of feminist activity? Anyone?
    Women-only shortlists for parliament until 2030? Govt. push more women into FTSE director positions? (more silent/sleeping directors?) Toronto protests against talking about Men's problems? Equal Wimbledon tennis prize money? NUS Actively ban Unis having a Men's Rights Officer? Women only grants in Engineering? Misandry in the Media Part 21? I can go further than just the last 2 years...

Men decided that they had enough of unfair laws, societal pressures, etc. They didn't think it was worth it. Some men went PUA, some MGTOW, olders MRA...often a combination.

The gamechanger was the internet.
    How would I have known that the biggest push for men's right was in India, no country is having their 6TH NATIONAL MEET OF MEN'S RIGHTS ACTIVISTS OF SAVE INDIAN FAMILY MOVEMENT around Independence Day? Or that 3 weeks ago the Anti Dowry law (498a) had become more agreeable. Still many more laws need to be gender neutral.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rad_student)
    Remember 'No means No'.
    Does it though?

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMus)
    That's a straw-man argument if I ever saw one. No one is saying we want a society in which rape of women is prevalent. The attitude toward feminism has simply shifted; this is because: the arguments by feminists are many times hyped and exaggerated; women's rights is no longer seen as a huge issue since people feel both sexes are now, at least legally, equal; "feminism" is much too ambiguous as there are many different attitudes toward it within the feminist community, of which some attitudes are very extreme and these ones often strive for making women superior to men. Suffice it say that when people dismiss feminism they are not arguing against women's right and that we should go back to the victorian era but rather the fact there is no need for it.
    This is not true. We face gender inequality outside of law.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imtelling)
    proud hairy binge drinking, binge eating, masturbating sex addicts who vomit on the streets, fart in public, get their tits out and go on holiday and and have sex with multiple people in one day.
    Sounds like most of the men I know tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillytots)
    The fact that all the people in this thread saying 'we don't need feminism' are men says alot really doesn't it?
    It should...it is what awaits you!
    If feminism was for equality then equal numbers of wo/men would be complaining. In the past, more Feminists complained right?
    Things change http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8bDS-Z3gmg
    More men are looking for change.

The Women Against Feminism have also worked out that they want a fairer society & to stop/pause/temper Feminism.
    (I doubt if it is the same towards gynocentrism. A little advanced/maturer is The Female MRA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSCxDEIpawQ )

(Original post by DiddyDec)
    Does it though?
    Both your pictures suggest No means No.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rad_student)
    It should...it is what awaits you!
    [b]If feminism was for equality then equal numbers of wo/men would be complaining[b]. In the past, more Feminists complained right?
    Things change http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8bDS-Z3gmg
    More men are looking for change.

The Women Against Feminism have also worked out that they want a fairer society & to stop/pause/temper Feminism.
    (I doubt if it is the same towards gynocentrism. A little advanced/maturer is The Female MRA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSCxDEIpawQ )

Both your pictures suggest No means No.:rolleyes:

Lol what? The whole reason feminism was created was because men didn't want women to have equal rights. More men won't join because they are happy with the place of women in society, but if women aren't it says alot.

Such a male dominated thread who have no idea that women still DO face plenty of struggles. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Lol what? The whole reason feminism was created was because men didn't want women to have equal rights. More men won't join because they are happy with the place of women in society, but if women aren't it says alot.

Such a male dominated thread who have no idea that women still DO face plenty of struggles. Ugh.
    Would you mind informing me which rights you don't have that men do?

Ad hominem isn't an argument, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulbasaur)
    Oh, so as a man you're also capable of giving birth and breastfeeding a baby, right?
    Last time i checked i didn't have a vag or ovaries, so i'm guessing no.

That is one of the many differences between men and women. I don't really see your point...

You do realise that as a white western woman, you are one of the most privileged people on the planet? IF you are an attractive white western women, then you are more privileged than all the men you claim have it so easy.

Typical thing with feminists - Completely disregarding the **** men experience in everyday life and try and act like women have it so bad. It's a joke.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.