Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie !)
    How much revision, though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The amount of time that you're not sleeping/eating/****ting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    The amount of time that you're not sleeping/eating/****ting.
    Ha, I'll probably be sleeping until 3pm every day and then eating non-stop until bedtime, so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I'll probably be sleeping until 3pm every day and then eating non-stop until bedtime, so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess it depends. If you're really motivated, then there's nothing wrong with revising a little over the break, however Year 9 going Year 10 people don't really need to at all.

I recommend mostly relaxing

ReputationRep:
    Definitely relax, it's great that you're dedicated but if you enjoy yourself over the summer, you're putting yourself in a better position to work hard when you start back at school because you'll feel more refreshed.

ReputationRep:
    RELAX!!!! Y10 mocks don't really matter that much anyway, and you'll do much better if you don't spend 6 weeks stressing about them.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You sound really motivated, it's refreshing. I would say you don't need to revise at all over the holidays. Enjoy each and every holiday period you get (unless you should be revising for exams) because as you get older you WILL miss not having anything to do, believe me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bugsy)
    You sound really motivated, it's refreshing. I would say you don't need to revise at all over the holidays. Enjoy each and every holiday period you get (unless you should be revising for exams) because as you get older you WILL miss not having anything to do, believe me!
    Okay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I go into Year 10 in September. I expect that I'll have at least Statistics and Science mocks quite soon after I start Year 10.

Should I use the Summer holidays to relax or to revise?

Thank you! :hello:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    RELAX!! It'll be your last proper holiday where you can relax without worrying about results or anything. Just completely relax and have fun, those mocks will only be used to put you in sets and give you predicted grades and to track your progress. They don't mean anything.

We were made to do them at the start of year 10 in science, maths and English and I got a C in science, a D in maths and a B in English and now I'm on track for an A* in English Literature, a B in maths and 2 A's in double science. So honestly don't worry about them at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I go into Year 10 in September. I expect that I'll have at least Statistics and Science mocks quite soon after I start Year 10.

Should I use the Summer holidays to relax or to revise?

Thank you! :hello:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could do both e.g. relax from now until the week before school starts then do a couple of hours of revision each day in your mock subjects in the week before school starts. Then the first week back won't be as stressful and you'll still be well rested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do both, revise a bit and relax a lot You should revise because you can forget stuff after summers over and you'll come to school with knowledge of only a few stuff and have forgotten a lot and you'll have things to catch up to then probably! So relax and revise if you want to!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    yeah just relax, take it easy over the summer

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone You've been helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.