Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if a girl at your uni was a stripper .. would you judge her Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think regardless of what people say, they will 'judge' in some way. It inevitably affects how you think of that person whether or not you want to admit it. That's not to say you would like them any less or wouldn't like to be around them. Certainly you wouldn't be rude about it or bring it up. But think about it this way - I would guess some guys would not want to date a stripper, so in that sense they've made a distinction between a person who is a stripper and who isn't, and you've made a judgement on that distinction. That is clear judgement.

'Judging' someone isn't necessarily a negative thing - in fact it's entirely necessary for us to make judgements of other people at times. But I think people interpret 'judging someone' as meaning you're going around slating them for it....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fortunesfool)
    I said that I wouldn't judge her? So I've answered the question. That's not necessarily true. How/ why would you judge someone for something you have no experience of or don't know their reasoning behind it?
    because it's not necessarily conscious; we make judgements as human beings based on our experiences of similar people, at least at first, and assuming in the situation of the thread we don't actually know anything other than the fact that they are a stripper, of course we can't help but make *some* assumptions; we're not going to assume certain things in that regard

ReputationRep:
    lol at the people saying they would not 'judge' her. Everybody does it, consciously or subconsciously. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    would judge her as slapper with low morals and have absolutely nothing to do with her

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would. Would assume she is probably sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    of course I would, realistically - how could I not?
    humans judge everybody, so this is just another (more emphatic) example of that
    No you cannot understand why others wouldn't judge her, that does not mean that everyone else would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Why - are you looking to become a stripper?

Pretty much this. Live and let live... Unless it's a family member. A somewhat hypocritical stance, but I guess you're naturally protective over family members?
    mabey

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. It's good money, probably a pretty wise choice unless she wants to go into teaching /Healthcare (in which case it could get her struck off). Tbh there's times when I've considered it but unfortunately I don't have the tits for it.

ReputationRep:
    I have done all sorts for money - being a stripper was just one. Judge me if you dare!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, everybody would. Those who say they wouldn't are lying. It's in our nature. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask if I could get a free lap dance.

ReputationRep:
    Undoubtedly, yes. You're essentially selling yourself - be it good intentioned or not - so I perceive it as stooping low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Yes, I judge everybody anyway.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

ReputationRep:
    Mostly feel sorry for her, cause I know I would never choose to do that; since I think it would make me feel awful, and exploited. I don't think it would put her in a bad light though, if she's an alright person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael!)
    Yeah, everybody would. Those who say they wouldn't are lying. It's in our nature. End of story.

It depends on what you mean by judging someone. Anyone who condemns her actions as unorthodox or slutty are fascists as far as I'm concerned. Only religious or sheltered people would be judgmental.

Perhaps she's a carer and stripping to buy medicine for her sick mother. You never know.

More power to her.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't care enough to judge. I'd be more likely to attempt to find out what her rates are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capachino)
    mabey
    Yeah, I can see how it might be your only option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    Nah I wouldn't judge her. Its her own life and she can make her own choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah and its your own life and you are free to make your own choices, hence you can judge. Its a two way street

OP: Yes would judge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrEFeynman)
    People have no right to judge another because of their choices. As long as it doesn't have a negative impact on them.
    That's complete BS. Appearance, race, gender...these are examples of things that it's unreasonable to judge people on. In fact, I'd say that the choices that people make tell you more about somebody than anything else, and are therefore great things to judge people on.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. She'd be a skank.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.