The Student Room Group

POLL: Do you get along with your own gender?

Scroll to see replies

I get on with girls a little more I think. I tend to 'scare' people a little. But then I don't talk to guys as much as I do girls so... I prefer mixed groups though- more fun! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't get on with any gender.
I have more guy friends than girls. My friendship group is mixed, but like a 2:10 ratio (girls:guys). I prefer the company of guys. Girls... just get really bitchy and jealous :frown: I mean, I probably do it too, I'm not saying I'm the perfect girl. But guy company is just so much more chilled and so much more fun.

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
X
Reply 23
I get along w some guys and some girls. I used to be more shy around girls but a lot of the time Im the only guy in the room o_O so I got over it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get on with both, I suppose. I don't let a few people from one gender, cloud and make me not get on with the other gender.

To me, the people I'm friends with, are similar. They're funny, and like comedy. Some love shops (Both women and men), some don't like shops. Some like sports (bBoth the female and male friends) some don 't. And both males and females can be as bitchy as hell.
I get along with my own gender but I've never been part of a girls group. I just speak to girls that I had met from different places so they don't know each other and I just meet up with them in twos or threes.

The main large groups of friends I've had are mixed with more guys than girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Smurf
I don't prefer either gender for friends. But there are some subjects which I tend to talk about more with guys and vice versa. For example most girls I know are not interested that much in football so I wouldn't talk about that nearly as much as I would with male friends.

I feel as if some girls jump on the "girls are bitches so I prefer hanging out with guys" brigade because they think it makes them special or something.

I couldn't agree more! Just because some girls are bitches or whatever doesn't mean all girls are. I find so many girls just start this whole girl vs girl hate thing to seem like they're too mature for "girly" problems and I don't understand it at all.
I am a guy. I have friends of both genders but I have more female friends. I am closer to my female friends and just get on better with girls :smile:
girls who can't get along with other girls are usually just bitches themselves
right now I mostly have female friends tbh.

Used to be mainly male friends but when they all started being boring and stopped playing sports didn't have that much reason to be friends with them anymore lol.
I agree, and I don't reject girls automatically as friends! I have some amazing girl friends. It just so happens that the bitchiest friends are always the girls, so my friendship group is just skewed in that way... But I agree that some girls do generate the whole 'girl v girl' thing.

Original post by bartonhollow
I couldn't agree more! Just because some girls are bitches or whatever doesn't mean all girls are. I find so many girls just start this whole girl vs girl hate thing to seem like they're too mature for "girly" problems and I don't understand it at all.
I'm pretty gender-blind when it comes to most things. I prefer to live with girls but my best mate is a guy.
Get along with both but I find I can connect more and get closer to girls a lot easier.
Reply 33
I love mixed groups in general, but no one can replace my girlies :awesome:
What I've noticed is very few guys like being friends with an alpha male. The best group of guys are usually ones where there's no obvious alpha. If you don't try to be the alpha, you'll have good friendships with other blokes. If you try to be an alpha, you'll attract other alphas and you'll forever be in competition.
i have a some girl friends but more guy mates because their much more chill to be with. girls give me a head ache with all their bitching.
some girls are super chill and i like having their company because theyre calming or they're nice to banter with. you can also makes sexual jokes with them lol.

guys tend to stay with each other throughout the years, whereas you can barely tell when a group of girl mates are still friends the next day. it's funny.
I'm male and I get along better with males. The girls I get along with tend to be girls that are not the norm. I find a lot of women boring, like empty shells waiting for acquisition always on their mobile phones worrying about their social circles. I like women that are a bit different.
I do have female friends, yes. But I find it a lot less tiring to hang out with my male friends (I'm a bit of an introvert at heart, and the guys group is smaller and seems to take less energy out of me/it takes less time to recuperate after). I 'use' them for different things. If I want to have a video game night, then it's the guys/mixed group, but if it's shopping for clothes then I'll go with the girls from my class (I'm aware how stereotypical this sounds, but there's only one girl in my 'girl' group who's into video games and the guys have no interest in coming clothes shopping with me, so eh..)
I've seen movies and gone out to dinner with both groups - but it's a completely different experience. The guys (well, there's me, one other girl and 5 guys) are much more... I don't want to say 'rude', because it's not what I mean per se, but we all have a pretty dirty sense of humour and those kinds of jokes get told more with the guys. With the girls I sometimes feel like I need to be more careful with what I say, but we all get along so it's really no hardship. I'd rather censor myself a bit more harshly than offend them iykwim. I can talk to both groups about problems I'm having and so on and they're both helpful - they often have very different insights into a situation which is pretty useful, actually.

I don't have a preference between the two. They're just two distinct social groups I'm part of and we do different things in each one.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Coke Or Pepsi
I agree, and I don't reject girls automatically as friends! I have some amazing girl friends. It just so happens that the bitchiest friends are always the girls, so my friendship group is just skewed in that way... But I agree that some girls do generate the whole 'girl v girl' thing.

I'm exactly the same, I have loads of great girl friends that aren't all about drama or petty stuff. Yep, I know! I don't get it, how is it possible to not be able to be friends with at least a few girls? Doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Also, when girls say how guys have so much less drama, as if they're all so mature.
The perks of hanging out with girl heavily outweigh the perks of hanging out with a guy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending