Listen girls please act normal

Define "normal"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    What an illogical thing to say.

​How so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Well why should I deal with people who make me feel ****ty about my issues. There are enough people who love me who will put up with them that I don't need to deal with the people who won't.

Again all I'm reading from this post is me, me and me with a big serving of entitlement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    ​How so?
    Well, he could have simply chosen not to voice a rebuttal. Or more significantly, just because one person can't form an argument against you, doesn't mean that there isn't one.

ReputationRep:
    Well, he could have simply chosen not to voice a rebuttal. Or more significantly, just because one person can't form an argument against you, doesn't mean that there isn't one.
    Are you going to try or are you going to continue your banal play at semantics? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to try or are you going to continue your banal play at semantics? :curious:
    To provide a counter-argument would be to accept that you presented an argument in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gleestuck)
    Define "normal"
    1. Stop being high-maintenance
    2. Stop being selfish
    3. Stop being impatient
    4. Stop being insecure even when your loved ones assure you otherwise
    5. Stop having a huge ego
    6. Stop being a diva
    7. Stop thinking that the world revolves around you because it doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    To provide a counter-argument would be to accept that you presented an argument in the first place.

Chicken!

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely hate that quote. Way too many women had/have that on their Facebook. It's almost guaranteed that they're annoying and self entitled if they post that on social media.

ReputationRep:
    2. Stop being selfish
    3. Stop being impatient
    6. Stop being a diva
    So you've never met a man who was any/all of these things?

ReputationRep:
    2. Stop being selfish
    3. Stop being impatient
    6. Stop being a diva
    These are all important for a healthy, mutually respectful relationship. Having said that, I'm the most impatient person I know. Some people find it endearing, which is lucky for me.

ReputationRep:
    Marilyn Monroe didn't say half of those quotes. That quote is especially questionable, as with most of these Marilyn 'quotes', nobody has ever found any evidence to where she said them. Also, many argue they just don't sound like her. A lot of these so called quotes contradict things she said or her persona as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    That's how relationships are really though. Everyone has flaws and you've got to be able to accept those if you want all the good things too. That said, the people who post it are very annoying and I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with any of them.

ReputationRep:
    You can always rely on TSR to provide you with your daily dose of angry misogyny...

ReputationRep:
    She was renowned for banging married men and died of a drug overdose.
    No-one in thier right mind should see her as a role model.

Its like saying hitler is a role model, because he loved animals and banned hunting

ReputationRep:
    lol @ having that drug addicted whore as your role model

ReputationRep:
    Again all I'm reading from this post is me, me and me with a big serving of entitlement.
    Am I not, as a human being, entitled to have people in my life who make me feel good about myself?

ReputationRep:
    What does this even mean? Seems like a bunch of words strung together to mean not a whole lot. :rofl:

Who's opinion would you rather have butthurt women like you or the men that have to deal with these high-maintenance women?
    What I meant was that you're assuming that because a group of men agree with your statement, that it's true. But how on earth would men know who women are inspired by? I won't deny that some women do believe in that quote, but there are equally men in the world who have a self-entitled idea that women should have to put up with their crap. But you're making a massive generalisation and suggesting that all modern women are flawed and high-maintenance because every woman has this Marilyn Monroe quote supposedly tattooed onto their personality, which is ridiculous. As I said before, women take their role models from all sorts of places, for every girl who idolizes Marilyn Monroe there's one who idolizes Meryl Streep or Audrey Hepburn or Marie Curie or Jane Austen, or the dozens of other brilliant women who you could take as a role model.

I will admit that there are people who believe that someone should love and look out for them regardless of their behaviour. Having mental health problems, or any kind of problems for that matter, doesn't make you unworthy of love and affection, but if you use it as an excuse to mistreat others without making an attempt to get help, then there's something wrong there. And I think there are people who would take that quote to give them an excuse to treat their loved ones however they want, but there are also people who wouldn't take it as literally and would just take it to mean that hitting a low point and losing their temper once or breaking down doesn't mean they're not worthy of someone looking after them. I think the important thing is trying to help yourself as well and not expecting someone else to 'fix' you.

ReputationRep:
    "I'm selfish , impatient , and a little insecure . I make mistakes , I'm out of control , and at times hard to act. But if you can not handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell do not deserve me at my best ."

Translation: "
    Hey, I'm a ****ty person. I do have SOME good qualities, but it's mostly me just being a a diva"

I feel like this quote sums up everything that is problematic with women today this whole high-maintenance routine and expecting your partner and other people as well to handle you with kid gloves 24/7 because your ego is too big.

Listen girls please act normal.

I never really understood this quote and I kinda agree with you. It seems stupid to me because why should I have to put up with being **** 99% to enjoy that 1% of time where you're actually nice.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.