ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afghan Warrior)
    How old are you? I'm 17

Posted from TSR Mobile
    17next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    Exactly, no wonder so many people burn out and get stressed! They don't know how to relax any more and just go into overdrive!! I live about 10/15 minutes from where I work and I actually walk every morning. I take my time and for me it's a great way to start the day as I find it quite relaxing.

I used to cycle A LOT but I haven't got a bike at the moment :/ really hope to get one in the next few months though!

I am fluent in English and Dutch, languages I am probably most interested in are Swedish, Russian and Hebrew. I find Japanese cool too but it's too difficult XD

I am not interested in 'the occult' in general I must say, probably should have worded that better. I am interested in the Hermetic philosophy and Hermetic orders are very secretive (similar to Freemasonary) - due to this and the use of a lot of symbolism etc it falls under the occult. I have always been some sort of a soul searcher - what ever you want to call it really :P Just trying to find out who I am, why ON EARTH we are here (see what I did there XD) that kind of stuff. I can really find myself in Hermetism, which is why it fascinates me really

I like finance too tbh but I don't think I have the patience and time at the moment to really deepen myself into it. I'm mainly interested in banking and how that all works.

I love trekking and camping! I used to go camping all the time when I was younger and we used to go hiking in the mountains in France and Spain. Haven't done that for ages though!! ^^
    What's your job?

Yeah, cycling is a decent form of exercise and costs nothing (apart from buying the bike and maintenance) - made my life a lot easier.

Wow, less common choices. Why do you like these languages?

Ah. Do you think there has to necessarily be a purpose as to why we're here? I do appreciate the fascination with finding out answers though - just be careful what you believe. Seek evidence and always dig deeper before taking on a life view otherwise you leave your mind open to believing things which have no foundations in reality.

Why are you interested in Finance? Would you consider working as a banker? Which division of banking exactly?

I'd really like to go trekking again. When did you last go?

Loads of questions there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joyful_soul)
    Anyone from the North West?
    I'm from Manchester, of course I'll be your friend

(Original post by Mubariz)
    Lol, I'm from Manchester, and yes I'll be your friend
    Yeahhhh buddy team Manc

ReputationRep:
    What's your job?

Yeah, cycling is a decent form of exercise and costs nothing (apart from buying the bike and maintenance) - made my life a lot easier.

Wow, less common choices. Why do you like these languages?

Ah. Do you think there has to necessarily be a purpose as to why we're here? I do appreciate the fascination with finding out answers though - just be careful what you believe. Seek evidence and always dig deeper before taking on a life view otherwise you leave your mind open to believing things which have no foundations in reality.

Why are you interested in Finance? Would you consider working as a banker? Which division of banking exactly?

I'd really like to go trekking again. When did you last go?

Loads of questions there.
    I work as an HR administrator - completely different from my studies but I sort of rolled into it and I'm really enjoying it so I'm currently developing myself in that area. Hopefully starting a master in HR Management in September and get my CIPD qualification

I love the way Russian sounds it can sound really harsh but also real gentle at times - Swedish always sounded so funny to me and I somehow always understood a great deal of it. In swedish you can have stress in two places in one word which is why you get that like as if they are singing XD Hebrew is interesting to me because it is a very new language but at the same time one of the oldest (if not the oldest spoken today). Hebrew nearly died out due to jews moving all over the world and speaking the local languages it was not until much later and when the state of Israel was being established that they wanted to sort of revive Hebrew. So even though it is a really old language it has a lot of 'new words'.

Well I think you are right in asking 'does there need to be purpose at all?'. I believe we do all have a personal purpose to being here on earth. I am very open minded and although I do have my own beliefs they are not set in stone. I think it is important to always ask questions! I think the advancements in Quantum Mechanics can answer a lot of questions regarding the physical and non-physical word but at the same time, create a hundred more! :P haha

I'm mainly interested in banking because I think banks are quite evil XD The system is flawed. Banks are allowed to give out a loan to someone for let's say £200.000 then charge interest on that even though that £200.000 was basically created out of thin air. That doesn't sound right to me at all. So really I am mainly interested in Finance to better understand the system but not necessarily because I want to pursue a career in it.

Oh goodness the last time I actually went tracking but be like 6 years ago if not more!! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    I work as an HR administrator - completely different from my studies but I sort of rolled into it and I'm really enjoying it so I'm currently developing myself in that area. Hopefully starting a master in HR Management in September and get my CIPD qualification

I love the way Russian sounds it can sound really harsh but also real gentle at times - Swedish always sounded so funny to me and I somehow always understood a great deal of it. In swedish you can have stress in two places in one word which is why you get that like as if they are singing XD Hebrew is interesting to me because it is a very new language but at the same time one of the oldest (if not the oldest spoken today). Hebrew nearly died out due to jews moving all over the world and speaking the local languages it was not until much later and when the state of Israel was being established that they wanted to sort of revive Hebrew. So even though it is a really old language it has a lot of 'new words'.

Well I think you are right in asking 'does there need to be purpose at all?'. I believe we do all have a personal purpose to being here on earth. I am very open minded and although I do have my own beliefs they are not set in stone. I think it is important to always ask questions! I think the advancements in Quantum Mechanics can answer a lot of questions regarding the physical and non-physical word but at the same time, create a hundred more! :P haha

I'm mainly interested in banking because I think banks are quite evil XD The system is flawed. Banks are allowed to give out a loan to someone for let's say £200.000 then charge interest on that even though that £200.000 was basically created out of thin air. That doesn't sound right to me at all. So really I am mainly interested in Finance to better understand the system but not necessarily because I want to pursue a career in it.

Oh goodness the last time I actually went tracking but be like 6 years ago if not more!! :O

Why did you choose to pursue a career in HR? What aspects of the job interest you?

Which languages did you study in Linguistics?

Which aspects of Quantum Mechanics answer questions about the spiritual non-physical, rather than just understand the reality of the very small?

Do you want to go trekking soon?

PM me your Skype if you want.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you choose to pursue a career in HR? What aspects of the job interest you?

Which languages did you study in Linguistics?

Which aspects of Quantum Mechanics answer questions about the spiritual non-physical, rather than just understand the reality of the very small?

Do you want to go trekking soon?

PM me your Skype if you want.
    I got introduced to Human Resources some years and actually quite liked it. I was really more interested in playing the mediator type of role. Case work and dealing with disputes things like that. I was looking into doing like short courses but they were so expensive and it just never happened. After graduating my university was offering a graduate employment scheme as an HR Administrator and I was looking for work and took my chance and got the job! After finishing the scheme they offered me a permanent full-time position. Now nearly 2 years later they offered me to do a masters in HR management which is where I am now.

Linguistics is the study of language not a language itself (though you can combine this of course) it's more the theory, philosophy but also the mechanics of language if that makes sense

I sent you a PM

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.