Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Internatioal products produced from Israel? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    But the Hamas charter calls for the destruction of the state of Israel?

But Israel continues to expand itself and build illegal settlements? Maybe they want to destroy and steal the Gaza strip?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalBlue7)
    But Israel continues to expand itself and build illegal settlements? Maybe they want to destroy and steal the Gaza strip?
    But Israel annexes land on defence grounds, and the UN charter gives it the right to defend itself. Israel has no intention of stealing the Gaza Strip. Sharon proved that in 2005 when he withdrew from the area.

ReputationRep:
    http://mic.com/articles/81363/9-bran...ernational-law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nies_of_Israel

I was going to buy an HP laptop, I guess that's out of the list.

ReputationRep:
    But Israel annexes land on defence grounds, and the UN charter gives it the right to defend itself. Israel has no intention of stealing the Gaza Strip. Sharon proved that in 2005 when he withdrew from the area.
    Israel is reaponsible for the whole situation. Hamas wouldnt have been created or have as much support if it wasnt for them treating them ad 2nd class citizens.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but didn't the extreme Israelites say that they want to "Push Palestinians out into the sea", tell me that that isn't the same as the HAMAS objectives ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilypear)
    Sorry but didn't the extreme Israelites say that they want to "Push Palestinians out into the sea", tell me that that isn't the same as the HAMAS objectives ?
    Even though it is extreme I can see more reasoning behind there reasoning. It is there country originally, they allowed people into their country who in response decided to take their land, and essentially treat them as second class citizens. This has been constant and this as probably radicalized their objectives.
    I'm not saying their objectives are right, but they do have justified reasoning for their actions. They are fighting for their freedom. Hamas wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the actions of the Israelis.
    Hamas was created due to social turmoil created from the repressive laws imposed of those on the Palestinians and violence from the Israelis.
    Israel is in the wrong. Who the hell are they?, the whole world didn't want them and the country that accepts them how do they repay the hospitality? Denominate them and impose a hierarchy that benefits them.
    They disgust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    I'm sure the 0.0000000000000001% hit they'll take from OP boycotting them will be the ultimate push that really ends Israel :rolleyes:
    Lol this. It's just laughable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyphrex)
    Even though it is extreme I can see more reasoning behind there reasoning. It is there country originally, they allowed people into their country who in response decided to take their land, and essentially treat them as second class citizens. This has been constant and this as probably radicalized their objectives.
    I'm not saying their objectives are right, but they do have justified reasoning for their actions. They are fighting for their freedom. Hamas wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the actions of the Israelis.
    Hamas was created due to social turmoil created from the repressive laws imposed of those on the Palestinians and violence from the Israelis.
    Israel is in the wrong. Who the hell are they?, the whole world didn't want them and the country that accepts them how do they repay the hospitality? Denominate them and impose a hierarchy that benefits them.
    They disgust me.
    Before the Jewish genocide in Germany the "Israel" as we know it was mainly Palestinian. The refugees who were escaping Hitlers wrath decided to go to Israel and over time they took it over pushing the Palestinians out of their own town/city and eventually suffering from extreme poverty. If anything, Palestinians are being denied of their own human rights and in fact, you are wrong. Israel would have ceased to exist without Americas intervention and supplying of $8 Million dollars a day from tax payers. Israelis out there right now are sitting on the hills and cheering and clapping when a bomb hits Gaza, and that isn't right. The Jews may bring out the Torah and say that this land belongs to them as it has the most sacred place of their faith, but that's not right either.
    In comparison to how many Palestinians are being killed every minute are exceeding the death tolls of those from Israel.
    The Jews there may use the guilt card of being involved in a mass genocide, but in reality, they are retaliating what the Nazis did to them, but with bombs. Did they not learn anything? Palestinians have little to none ammunition in comparison to America and you see kids in Palestine trying to protect their mothers with ROCKS.
    I am not crazy, Israel needs to stop.

ReputationRep:
    We shouldn't boycott Israel. We should acknowledge their right to defend themselves. Hamas are a terrorist organisation and thus should be boycotted.
    Right to defend themselves? Have you even seen the countless numbers of dead children? Have you looked at how Israel bombed the house of the Police Chief killing 18 members of his family including children?

Have some humility! THEY KILLED INNOCENT CHILDREN BY BOMBING A HOUSE! This is not my opinion, it is a fact and it happened not 2 days ago.

This isn't defence, it is genocide. The Palestinians fire one rocket for the hundred Israel showers down. Israel is the aggressor and has been since 1948 by invading Palestinian land.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acidy)
    Considering 99.99% of the United Kingdom's products don't come from the Israel, it's more probable the OP is trying to let his realpolitik emotions out.

Oh please. Imagine a new family encroaches on your home and claims the back garden and over time you're displaced to the shed while the family has set up shop inside your house. Now imagine you throw rocks at your house to try and rouse this criminal family out of your house. Only problem is this diabolical family has installed perspex windows so the rocks just bounce off. And to make matters worse this evil family is flinging boulders at you from the roof.

ReputationRep:
    But the Hamas charter calls for the destruction of the state of Israel?
    Maybe because the very existence of Israel is a threat to Palestine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    Oh please. Imagine a new family encroaches on your home and claims the back garden and over time you're displaced to the shed while the family has set up shop inside your house. Now imagine you throw rocks at your house to try and rouse this criminal family out of your house. Only problem is this diabolical family has installed perspex windows so the rocks just bounce off. And to make matters worse this evil family is flinging boulders at you from the roof.
    And to add to this, the entire neighborhood and local police force support this new family, so your pleas fall on deaf ears and instead you're labelled the "bad guys" for not allowing this new family to live in your house and attack your family without any fuss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can never claim to understand how palestinians feel until one day my home has been taken away from me and my people treated worse than dogs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    I'm sure the 0.0000000000000001% hit they'll take from OP boycotting them will be the ultimate push that really ends Israel :rolleyes:
    It's a matter of personal principles son

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilypear)
    Before the Jewish genocide in Germany the "Israel" as we know it was mainly Palestinian. The refugees who were escaping Hitlers wrath decided to go to Israel and over time they took it over pushing the Palestinians out of their own town/city and eventually suffering from extreme poverty. If anything, Palestinians are being denied of their own human rights and in fact, you are wrong. Israel would have ceased to exist without Americas intervention and supplying of $8 Million dollars a day from tax payers. Israelis out there right now are sitting on the hills and cheering and clapping when a bomb hits Gaza, and that isn't right. The Jews may bring out the Torah and say that this land belongs to them as it has the most sacred place of their faith, but that's not right either.
    In comparison to how many Palestinians are being killed every minute are exceeding the death tolls of those from Israel.
    The Jews there may use the guilt card of being involved in a mass genocide, but in reality, they are retaliating what the Nazis did to them, but with bombs. Did they not learn anything? Palestinians have little to none ammunition in comparison to America and you see kids in Palestine trying to protect their mothers with ROCKS.
    I am not crazy, Israel needs to stop.

I think you misinterpreted what Im saying. Im not supporting the jews im supportimg the arabs. Im saying that the jews took the arabs land not the other way round
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyphrex)
    I think you misinterpreted what Im saying. Im not supporting the jews im supportimg the arabs. Im saying that the jews took the arabs land not the other way round
    Oh okay sorry I didn't read it properly last night I was in full rage mode last night.

Something needs to be done

ReputationRep:
    This thread is hilarious because most of you are typing this on a computer that uses components from Israel!

If you wanna boycott Israel you have to go all the way mate, nothing from IBM (they have a lab in Israel), no USB flash drives, no using Windows, no Kindles, no using a computer printer of any kind.

Good luck with that, you use Israeli products every day HAHAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronmack)
    http://mic.com/articles/81363/9-bran...ernational-law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nies_of_Israel

I was going to buy an HP laptop, I guess that's out of the list.
    And Sodastream.

(Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood)
    This thread is hilarious because most of you are typing this on a computer that uses components from Israel!

If you wanna boycott Israel you have to go all the way mate, nothing from IBM (they have a lab in Israel), no USB flash drives, no using Windows, no Kindles, no using a computer printer of any kind.

Good luck with that, you use Israeli products every day HAHAHAHAHA
    It's the principle, rather than the efficacy of acting to fulfil the principle to its highest degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    And Sodastream.

It's the principle, rather than the efficacy of acting to fulfil the principle to its highest degree.
    No, it's the fact that boycotting a country is a moronic and childish thing to do, and this thread, like 99% of Israel threads, is filled to the brim with ignorance and misconception.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guybrush Sheepgood)
    No, it's the fact that boycotting a country is a moronic and childish thing to do, and this thread, like 99% of Israel threads, is filled to the brim with ignorance and misconception.
    Enlighten me on this misconception because from what I've gathered so far, NO Israelis have died, only majorly injured, whereas 137 Palestinians have died and suffer ill treatment. Is this Israelis version of being threatened so having to act back because I don't see Israel being threatened by anything.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.