Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a Professional Footballer- ask me stuff Watch

(Original post by ilikeyoutoomuch)
    yeah it does, he's talking about his relationship with balls
    Made me laugh

Do you ever think that as a footballer you're just an ovepaid pansy with no real skills applicable to life whatsoever?

ReputationRep:
    How many times have you banged Danielle Lloyd?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi mate cheers for the question. Of course I'd love to play for a Liverpool or United, but I admire the way Southampton run as a club too.
    Hey, we've got ambition and a history of developing good midfielders...do give us a try if you're good. :ahee:

Did you get scouted, and if so where (random club etc.) and when?

ReputationRep:
    Which footballers did you look up to as a youngster? Realistically do you think you'll reach the standard required to compete in the premiership?

ReputationRep:
    Who do you think will win the world cup?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think David Beckham is overrated?

Do you ever think that as a footballer you're just an ovepaid pansy with no real skills applicable to life whatsoever?
    This is a great question. I do believe we are overpaid, especially in an economic climate where people are struggling to make ends meet. I personally donate a fair bit to charity and do a lot of work in the community- so try to do my bit where I can.

(Original post by The Financier)
    Hey, we've got ambition and a history of developing good midfielders...do give us a try if you're good. :ahee:

Did you get scouted, and if so where (random club etc.) and when?
    Id love to play in the premier league soon, I like to think I can get there with my current team if we work hard. I was spotted playing for my local under 9's team. I had offers from about seven or clubs, mostly in leagues 1 and two. Can't tell you who I signed for as you'll be able to find out who I am!

ReputationRep:
    What does it feel like to play in front of thousands of people?

(Original post by frozen_fire)
    Which footballers did you look up to as a youngster? Realistically do you think you'll reach the standard required to compete in the premiership?
    Hi mate cheers for the question. I loved watching united during the mid to late nineties so obviously looked up to the Neville's, Giggs, Becks and Scholes. As an individual I'd say probably not, I'm decent but my progress has slowed up in the last few seasons. However, if my team make some solid investments and we pull together then who knows?

ReputationRep:
    This is a great question. I do believe we are overpaid, especially in an economic climate where people are struggling to make ends meet. I personally donate a fair bit to charity and do a lot of work in the community- so try to do my bit where I can.
    If you're legit, fair play mate. Either way, you shouldn't feel bad. You're good enough to be a professional football and luckily, for you, the pay is pretty good. Shouldn't have to be made to feel bad about it.

What are your plans for when you retire? Footballers don't have a long career and I guess the money won't last forever.

(Original post by fat_hobbit)
    Do you think David Beckham is overrated?
    Definitely not one of the finest English players ever.

(Original post by SmashingChap)
    What does it feel like to play in front of thousands of people?
    Hi cheers for the question. It's the best feeling in the world, to hear people singing as a unit and cheer your name is hairs on the back of your necks stuff. However, it's difficult when you've played terrible and thousands jeer!

(Original post by NathanW18)
    If you're legit, fair play mate. Either way, you shouldn't feel bad. You're good enough to be a professional football and luckily, for you, the pay is pretty good. Shouldn't have to be made to feel bad about it.

What are your plans for when you retire? Footballers don't have a long career and I guess the money won't last forever.
    Hi mate, you tend to find in the lower leagues that players are more down to earth. Because we are not top, top players, it's easier for us to be replaced, so we probably respect and enjoy the game, more than players that know they can do anything and get away with it. I've thought about going into coaching, but it's not something I really fancy. I'd like to be a scout or an agent, where I could help some of the younger plays navigate there way through the game.

ReputationRep:
    Hi mate cheers for the question. Of course I'd love to play for a Liverpool or United, but I admire the way Southampton run as a club too.
    Come to Liverpool!

ReputationRep:
    Have you shagged a prostitute who's a granny?

ReputationRep:
    Did you continue your studies whilst playing pro?

(Original post by MissTique'x)
    Come to Liverpool!
    Hiya, it would be awesome to play in front of the kop week in week out, but I don't think I'm at that standard, even though it pains me to say!

(Original post by waaahey)
    Did you continue your studies whilst playing pro?
    Hi, yes most young players have to continue up to A level standard, this is just in case anything goes wrong with your career like a bad injury, then you have at least some qualifications to maybe go on to uni or whatever. I left main stream education when I first signed a pro deal, but the club has a school where it's sends all it's young players until they start to integrate into the first team.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.