Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Meeting guy for the first time Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit strange to me that he's invited you to his place for the rest of the day, you don't even know if he's telling the truth about his mum. Imo it seems a bit early meeting up after only talking for a week but whatever, I think you should meet in public and stay in public on your first meet, get to know him first, see if he's trustworthy etc.

The least you want is to go to his, find out he was lying about his mum being home, and something horrible happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginajade)
    Seems a bit strange to me that he's invited you to his place for the rest of the day, you don't even know if he's telling the truth about his mum. Imo it seems a bit early meeting up after only talking for a week but whatever, I think you should meet in public and stay in public on your first meet, get to know him first, see if he's trustworthy etc.

The least you want is to go to his, find out he was lying about his mum being home, and something horrible happening.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you shared pics?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with others, just because he's said his mum's there it doesn't mean she is. Stay in a public place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LionKing1)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you shared pics?
    Yeah. We have video chatted and also snapchatted

ReputationRep:
    So we met up and it was the most awkward thing ever and he deleted me off all social media platforms the next day

Thank goodness he's gone
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 344302)
    So we met up and it was the most awkward thing ever and he deleted me off all social media platforms the next day

Thank goodness he's gone
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow sorry to hear it worked out like that... some relationships are better left online.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Thank goodness he's gone
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to hear :console:

ReputationRep:

Thank goodness he's gone
    Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a pity, better luck next time :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Thank goodness he's gone
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awww what went wrong? After reading through this thread i was hoping things would work out for you guys :console:

ReputationRep:
    He wants to bang you. If you want to bang him too, then do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonriver96)
    Awww what went wrong? After reading through this thread i was hoping things would work out for you guys :console:
    We met up, had lunch - not too awkward, I was trying to be friendly and chatty but the convo was very 1 sided

He took me to his house and his gran was there, greeted her and then we went to the dining room and watched tv for a while.. We were sitting on wooden chairs at the dining table adjacent to each other. He didn't say a single word. I tried to break the silence and suggested we watch something else (we were watching Jeremy Kyle ergh)

Then he finally says something! He said something along the lines of you are really pretty and I was really expecting a bit more so can we go upstairs to my bedroom? He was really polite but it was just sooo awkward.

I said sure. We got there sat on his bed and had a few kisses. Still very awks but at least we didn't really have to be talking. Then I decided it was time to call it a day and he dropped me back to the station (very awkward journey) and he said 'we should meet up again' and 'I will miss you' I gave him a blank stare and then I realised what he said and just smiled and said thanks bye!! And got out of his car as quick as possible

Most awkward date ever

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol sounds like the guy is just looking for a, ahem, casual relationship.

ReputationRep:

Most awkward date ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is this the same guy as the one mentioned in this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2757167

?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Autistic Merit)
    Is this the same guy as the one mentioned in this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2757167

?
    Nope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.