The Student Room Group

Meeting guy for the first time

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Seems a bit strange to me that he's invited you to his place for the rest of the day, you don't even know if he's telling the truth about his mum. Imo it seems a bit early meeting up after only talking for a week but whatever, I think you should meet in public and stay in public on your first meet, get to know him first, see if he's trustworthy etc.

The least you want is to go to his, find out he was lying about his mum being home, and something horrible happening.
Reply 21
Original post by ginajade
Seems a bit strange to me that he's invited you to his place for the rest of the day, you don't even know if he's telling the truth about his mum. Imo it seems a bit early meeting up after only talking for a week but whatever, I think you should meet in public and stay in public on your first meet, get to know him first, see if he's trustworthy etc.

The least you want is to go to his, find out he was lying about his mum being home, and something horrible happening.

Thanks!
Reply 22
Anyone else
Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you shared pics?
I agree with others, just because he's said his mum's there it doesn't mean she is. Stay in a public place.
Reply 25
Original post by LionKing1
Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you shared pics?

Yeah. We have video chatted and also snapchatted
Reply 26
So we met up and it was the most awkward thing ever and he deleted me off all social media platforms the next day

Thank goodness he's gone
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 344302
So we met up and it was the most awkward thing ever and he deleted me off all social media platforms the next day

Thank goodness he's gone
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow sorry to hear it worked out like that... some relationships are better left online.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by 344302

Thank goodness he's gone
Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear :frown: :console:
Reply 29
Original post by 344302

Thank goodness he's gone
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a pity, better luck next time :hugs:
Original post by 344302

Thank goodness he's gone
Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww what went wrong? After reading through this thread i was hoping things would work out for you guys :console:
He wants to bang you. If you want to bang him too, then do it.
Reply 32
Original post by moonriver96
Awww what went wrong? After reading through this thread i was hoping things would work out for you guys :console:

We met up, had lunch - not too awkward, I was trying to be friendly and chatty but the convo was very 1 sided

He took me to his house and his gran was there, greeted her and then we went to the dining room and watched tv for a while.. We were sitting on wooden chairs at the dining table adjacent to each other. He didn't say a single word. I tried to break the silence and suggested we watch something else (we were watching Jeremy Kyle ergh)

Then he finally says something! He said something along the lines of you are really pretty and I was really expecting a bit more so can we go upstairs to my bedroom? He was really polite but it was just sooo awkward.

I said sure. We got there sat on his bed and had a few kisses. Still very awks but at least we didn't really have to be talking. Then I decided it was time to call it a day and he dropped me back to the station (very awkward journey) and he said 'we should meet up again' and 'I will miss you' I gave him a blank stare and then I realised what he said and just smiled and said thanks bye!! And got out of his car as quick as possible

Most awkward date ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol sounds like the guy is just looking for a, ahem, casual relationship. :wink:
Original post by 344302

Most awkward date ever

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is this the same guy as the one mentioned in this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2757167

?
Reply 35
Original post by Autistic Merit
Is this the same guy as the one mentioned in this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2757167

?

Nope.