Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If your 13 year old sister got pregnant, how would you feel/what would you do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The amount of people who will hurt their sister or the guy involved in this thread is unbelievable :rolleyes: what would violence do?

My sister is actually 18 so if she gets pregnant now it wouldn't bother me. If she did get pregnant at 13 it still wouldn't bother me but at 13 I'd offer her a bit more help and maybe guidance if she needs it. I'll tell her I'm here for advice or anything else she might need. Then leave it at that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylittlePlusle)
    Yesterday on Omegle, under the interest of pregnancy (There are a lot of males who are into that fetish...) I met a 13 year old girl who was pregnant...

There is the chat: http://logs.omegle.com/5bd89c8

I don't think she fully understands what will happen to her life, I feel sorry for her parents, they will have to be parents again...

I don't think any gynecologist would allow a 13 year old to have a child.
    I don't know for sure if this girl was being truthful. surely she wouldn't expect people to just be like "oh you're 13 and pregnant... that's cool and normal!!"

Yes she should have been more careful with her contraception... oops the condom broke! that's what the morning after pill is for or even the everyday pill. Her parents perhaps should have put her on the pill if they had any idea she might be about to become sexually active.

With the abortion thing, you gotta remember a lot of americans are a bit crazily religious, so suggesting she should have had an abortion is perhaps unfair as maybe this option wasn't available to her.. but in that case she also shouldn't have had sex so young!!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but that was so out of order.
    Yes she's too young, but to tell someone who's clearly too late for abortion that their baby should've been aborted? That's horrible and unhelpful.
    It's obviosuly not a feasible option anymore so why tell someone they should have been forced to terminate a baby they're now going to have. In that situation you should be trying to support them, telling them about how hard it will be, and explaining feasible options.
    It can only be called tough love if it might actually help the situation.

I'm not anti-abortion but to tell someone who's choose to keep their baby and is close to giving birth that they should've been made to abort is extremely cruel and unsympathetic.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    Disappointed but then it's not me she should be worried about but I hope she'll enjoy her trip to Ghana anyhoo :teehee:
    You know it, my parents will ship her off without a second thought! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    haha, too religious to have an abortion but not too religious to have sex before marriage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arkhamz)
    haha, too religious to have an abortion but not too religious to have sex before marriage.
    +1
    This completely.

Remember the possibility though it could be a sad lonely old man pretending to be a 13 year old... It's Omegle and it was only a text chat.

And to all the people saying he was out of order saying that she should have got an abortion, ok it was a little harsh to keep mentioning it but at 13 years old I'm pretty sure the risks of pregnancy are much higher so in HER safety in hindsight it could have been the best thing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylittlePlusle)
    Yesterday on Omegle, under the interest of pregnancy (There are a lot of males who are into that fetish...) I met a 13 year old girl who was pregnant...

There is the chat: http://logs.omegle.com/5bd89c8

I don't think she fully understands what will happen to her life, I feel sorry for her parents, they will have to be parents again...

I don't think any gynecologist would allow a 13 year old to have a child.
    Hi im Sara and I just wanted to say I think her story was a load of bull****. I used to go on omegle all the time but don't know its loads of crap btw everyone lies on there don't believe a word. Just saying the hoenst truth

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed but then it's not me she should be worried about but I hope she'll enjoy her trip to Ghana anyhoo :teehee:

What happens in Ghana

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    What happens in Ghana
    Not much except more chores I suppose and the fact there's no wifi probably - parents threaten me with it all the time :rolleyes: because they know I'd much, much prefer to live here :yep:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    I can't see that being a 13 year old. Maybe I'm underestimating someone of that age, but the way they type...it just seems a bit too mature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambrosia_angel)
    I'm sorry but you should NEVER encourage a 13 year old girl that you don't know to get an abortion. Your disgusting. Do something better with your life OP. I'm sorry but that is so inappropriate..

Edit
    If my 13 year old sister got pregnant than I wouldn't encourage her to get an abortion. I would encourage an adoption and help her as much as possible to make the desicion she wants. If she wants to keep the baby I would support her to raise the baby. The reason why so many young mums struggle is because they don't have as much support as an older mum. Nobody deserves to be ostracised in society. Help not hate.
    So rather than encourage her to get an abortion, you would encourage her to carry a child to full term and then give it away? I fail to see how either option is morally preferable, unless you're against abortion for religious reasons. It's your sister's (hypothetical) choice, and you should give her the facts, and allow her to make her own decision. If it's distasteful to advise abortion, then it should be distasteful to advise anything else.

If someone tried to encourage me to do anything if I got pregnant, and they weren't my partner, I'd tell them to do one. I would definitely not be happy if someone tried to persuade me to go through with it and put it up for adoption (thus casting judgement on those who have abortions, imo) because personally, an abortion would be 100% the right choice.

I would always advise someone to consider all their options, and by all means tell them what I personally would do if they asked, but I wouldn't push one option more than any other. A 13-year-old should be mature enough to make their own informed decision, and I think encouraging adoption could be just as damaging as encouraging abortion.mSorry, but nobody has the right to choice except the girl herself.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry OP but, this is Omegle you're talking about, it was probably a 40 year old man.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    It wouldn't happen but if it did...

I'd be really disappointed and kind of embarrassed... Annoyed with the guy but more annoyed with her because she should have common sense... :sigh:

Saying that it'd be my parents who'd be angry and she'd have to answer to them. :erm:

What's up with 13 year olds these days??
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    I can't see that being a 13 year old. Maybe I'm underestimating someone of that age, but the way they type...it just seems a bit too mature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is exactly what i was thinking....

Also the fact that she keeps saying love doesn't convince me that she is American lol, sounds like such an English/ Australian thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omegle is full of pervs. Lots seem to enjoy pretending to be little girls for some reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    It wouldn't happen but if it did...

I'd be really disappointed and kind of embarrassed... Annoyed with the guy but more annoyed with her because she should have common sense... :sigh:

Saying that it'd be my parents who'd be angry and she'd have to answer to them. :erm:

What's up with 13 year olds these days??
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Name:  Iggy-Azalea-7.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  350.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Not much except more chores I suppose and the fact there's no wifi probably - parents threaten me with it all the time :rolleyes: because they know I'd much, much prefer to live here :yep:
    lol my parents can't threatened me with moving abroad, I suppose they still throw me out the house though
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by cuckoo99)
    Name:  Iggy-Azalea-7.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  350.2 KB
    You realise that she is 24 right?
    Or is that the point, that 13 year olds see her as a role model?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol trip back to Ghana

ReputationRep:
    I would be seriously disappointed with her. My dad would most likely bear up the father then tell her to get an abortion - which I fully agree with.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.