Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to put a live chat room on my site, any ideas how to do this? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INTit)
    Probably don't need to store the messages with a realtime chat.
    in that case they wont be able to see previous messages the next time? or even if they refresh the page.

Also if this is the scenario (ie they dont want to store the message) then it's very easy to implement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigboateng_)
    in that case they wont be able to see previous messages the next time? or even if they refresh the page.

Also if this is the scenario (ie they dont want to store the message) then it's very easy to implement
    Yes traditionally if you wern't in the chatroom you didnt get the message - im thinking of the IRC days. I have seen web based chats store the last few messages
    which was nice for a quiet room but I havent used a web based chat for a long time so im not sure if this is the norm these days or not.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, you are going to want to use Chatwing for your website chat needs. Chatwing is free for unlimited usage, all these other services are very expensive and limit your usage.

ReputationRep:
    Chatwing is the best chat for websites, totally free, i love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Henry_Mark)
    Guys, you are going to want to use Chatwing for your website chat needs. Chatwing is free for unlimited usage, all these other services are very expensive and limit your usage.
    inb4 you get reported for advertisement lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've used Chantago, it's pretty decent
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at Chatango or Google some free open-source web chat libraries.

ReputationRep:
    The reason why Chatwing is really the best option is as a website owner you can customize all options and even upload your own emojis, these other services make you pay them to use many parts including emojis.

Chatwing also has both iOS and Android app which makes it really useful to control your chat rooms all the time from an iphone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.