Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where do you get your news from? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Reddit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armadillo)
    Where do you tend to get your news from and how often do you catch up?
    Usually BBC News, Independent, The Gurdian websites & I Newspaper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    It's all manufactured fiction.
    This is a bit naive. Take some salt with what the media spins out, sure, but try to stay informed about what is happening around you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I watch BBC news and read news over the internet. On the internet you can look at all the newspapers and pick what you're interested in. I tend to look at the Guardian, Independent and Telegraph mostly.

I also get some from conservation charities I support. They often cover the sort of stuff which the news doesn't pay much attention to.

ReputationRep:
    Does nobody else listen to the radio, lbc usually keeps me up to date

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BBC most of the time...screw that, all of the time

ReputationRep:
    The Daily Sport.

ReputationRep:
    Sky news, reddit and TSR.

ReputationRep:
    BBC news mobile and on TV. And I try to watch it everyday since I believe it's important to be knowledgeable about the current issues, which could affect me directly or indirectly.

ReputationRep:
    The BBC, The Guardian, The Telegraph, The Independent, The Liverpool Echo and ITV's news broadcasting station for the North West, Granada Reports.

ReputationRep:
    BBC Radio 4 :haughty:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Facebook. News seems to appear on there quicker than on news sites lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Economist, especially the audio edition

+ sometimes BBC/CNN

ReputationRep:
    Facebook.

Seriously though, mainly BBC and various newspapers for online, but I prefer either The Times or The FT in print. Magazine-wise The Economist is pretty good.

P.S. Probably not worth listening to CNN as their ideas on how to reduce gun crime in the US are truly laughable.

ReputationRep:
    Page 3 The Sun

ReputationRep:
    Twitter, Al Jazeera, BBC news and occasionally the Metro

ReputationRep:
    Back when I was doing my A levels I used to read The Times everyday to pass the time during my long breaks between lessons, I chose The Times due to the thickness of the newspaper which took longer for me to read it and pass time.
    I'm actually at university now doing a joint degree, one of my subjects happens to be politics and I'm very ashamed to admit I haven't done much reading on news since leaving college roughly a year ago. I really need to get back into it because it does interest me, I'm not sure as to why I stopped, that is in regards to reading newspapers anyway, usually I just watch Andrew Marr Show, Question Time, Prime Minister's Questions and maybe Daily Politics once or twice a month, I don't usually keep up with that show much because it's on daily and can't be arsed watching it everyday.

ReputationRep:
    Democracy Now, The Guardian, the Telegraph, Al-Jazeera, BBC and New Statesman, as well as Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International for human rights news.

ReputationRep:
    BBC, Al Jazeera, The Guardian, The Telegraph, Democracy Now!, The Huffington Post, Japan Times, The Diplomat, TSR, Facebook...occasionally New Statesman or the Economist

ReputationRep:
    I watch Al Jazeera.

And I love the way they take on the twisted stories CNN, BBC, Sky, Fox News, Washington Post and New York Times present us with sometimes and how they get to the bottom of the actual truth in those news stories. Their programme 'Listening Post' is specially good to deal with that kind of stuff.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.