Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Xbox One - Should I get it?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got one essentially for university. I'm planning to mainly use it for iPlayer/Youtube, as I have done for my 360, and am a little disappointed that no headset has been released yet for the Xbone that doesn't require a constant wired connection to the controller: meaning that I'd constantly have to have my controller switched on when I am watching a movie, for instance. I don't expect to get a ton of usage out of it gaming wise, but I do expect to use it as a multimedia centre. I'd say, go for it if ~£400 isn't a lot for you, but if you could spend it elsewhere on something more important, stick with your 360.

ReputationRep:
    If you have to ask, probably not. If you like to game often, you will game at uni. If you don't game much, you will probably game even less at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy anything then, take your 360 and if you do have loads of times then just get a new console then?? Maybe it'll be cheaper and if you're still getting an xbox one then there might be a halo bundle? If you want it for netflix then why not just use your 360? Even tv's have netflix

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    From experience

I only played Xbox when it was the odd game of FIFA with mates etc. The rest of the time I spent doing things like gym, actual University work or generally going out.

Sure, if you was a very passionate "gamer" as such, you would make time I guess.

I recommend just taking your 360 for the first year, see how you get on, then decide
    That's what I'm thinking, if I find I'll be on it a lot I'll get one, don't want to spend so much and end up not using it!

In all honesty I only play FIFA now

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about getting a PS4 or One today; but the line-up of games is appalling. I want to want one, but I just cannot justify it.

And might I just add that the One without a Kinect is an abysmal deal... it's £50 less in Sainsbury's, but it doesn't come with a game as the Kinect included version does. In other words it is the same price!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake1212)
    So basically I'm still using my 360, which I have had since 06/07 ish. Can't decide whether I should get an Xbox One or not.

Since the price difference is only £40 (if that) I won't be going for a PS4.

I'm off to Uni next year and at 18 the heights of my 'gaming days' are gone so I'm unsure as to whether it would be worth investing around £380 on a new console alone. Only one of my friends has an Xbox One and the rest still play 360. Though a lot of them are thinking about getting one but it looks like an 'if everyone else does too' kind of situation.

I've also been informed that the 'Party' feature has been removed? I'm not sure if this is true but that would surely remove the social aspect I've enjoyed for 4-5 years of Xbox Live with my friends.

Anyway, I suppose I'm just wondering whether the in game improvements such as graphics are worth while, I'm not interested about the voice-command features and any Kinect stuff.

Looking for answers mainly from those who play online, as the likes of FIFA, Halo and Cod etc will be what I will continue to play.

Thoughts on the benefits/drawbacks of getting an Xbox One please!
    Xbox one is not worth it mate it's worse than the 360. Ps4 is a good console but it needs more games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting an xbox one when Fallout 4 comes out and only then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.