Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feminism = Female Supremacism: Men are the weaker sex. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maskofsanity)
    That doesn't make sense.

Anyone can be vocal, not anyone can get in a national mainstream newspaper (as well as others) and consistently publish similar articles.
    Exactly. And what does the media do consistently? Publishes scare-mongering articles and articles designed to fuel arguments. What would be the point in publishing some actual news when they get far more sales and referencing from the BS articles.

ReputationRep:
    The preeminent feminists, i.e. those who have their works published, are misandrists. What does that say about this movement?

The Guardian and its ilk are hardly small-time, unknown sources are they? If one of the most popular national newspapers is publishing them, it seems more likely that it is in line with the movement rather than an extreme exception.
    It says peanuts about the movement. But you're assuming that it's only misandrists who have their works published. But of course something that would cause a disagreement would come into view! Anything negative or controversial look at how quickly it spreads and detracts from what the actual meaning is!

Nobody wants to talk about things that make sense and make people realise that what they're doing is wrong, oh no, defend your right to call women sluts because she called me a *******.

I'm sure you know that all newspapers are to be taken with more than a pinch of salt, in fact, the media is pretty damn corrupt that they'll only publish stuff that'll cause people to buy in their masses, 'Scandal!', 'Lies', etc etc. Again, if there was sensible stuff and actual news, they'd lose a lot of money because no one would be interested in sensible stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Smurf)
    Exactly. And what does the media do consistently? Publishes scare-mongering articles and articles designed to fuel arguments. What would be the point in publishing some actual news when they get far more sales and referencing from the BS articles.
    That's nonsense - newspapers care far more about their own agenda than about viewership. If they didn't, all newspapers would be publishing the same thing because everyone would be chasing views instead of publishing that which is line with their general stance. For The Guardian, that means providing the HQ for the feminist movement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthless Dutchman)
    It says peanuts about the movement. But you're assuming that it's only misandrists who have their works published. But of course something that would cause a disagreement would come into view! Anything negative or controversial look at how quickly it spreads and detracts from what the actual meaning is!

Nobody wants to talk about things that make sense and make people realise that what they're doing is wrong, oh no, defend your right to call women sluts because she called me a *******.

I'm sure you know that all newspapers are to be taken with more than a pinch of salt, in fact, the media is pretty damn corrupt that they'll only publish stuff that'll cause people to buy in their masses, 'Scandal!', 'Lies', etc etc. Again, if there was sensible stuff and actual news, they'd lose a lot of money because no one would be interested in sensible stuff.
    I'm not assuming - I am reading them everyday.

As for the rest of your post, read above.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not assuming - I am reading them everyday.

As for the rest of your post, read above.
    And where do you read them?

ReputationRep:
    That's nonsense - newspapers care far more about their own agenda than about viewership. If they didn't, all newspapers would be publishing the same thing because everyone would be chasing views instead of publishing that which is line with their general stance. For The Guardian, that means providing the HQ for the feminist movement.
    I actually laughed. You are deluded. I'm pretty sure all newspapers publish near enough the same thing too? Maybe from different viewpoints and written by different journalists, but always the same stories.

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting creature. This is why you have the sexist views with women, and in this case I don't blame them.

ReputationRep:
    I actually laughed. You are deluded. I'm pretty sure all newspapers publish near enough the same thing too? Maybe from different viewpoints and written by different journalists, but always the same stories.
    I think you are confusing (allegedly) quality newspapers with a long history such as the Guardian, the DT, the Times with small-time, mid-market papers like the Sun, the Mirror, and the DM. I'll let you work out which half are steeped in sensationalism for views and which have a political 'reputation' they maintain.

ReputationRep:
    The preeminent feminists, i.e. those who have their works published, are misandrists. What does that say about this movement?

The Guardian and its ilk are hardly small-time, unknown sources are they? If one of the most popular national newspapers is publishing them, it seems more likely that it is in line with the movement rather than an extreme exception.
    It's published because it sells, it sells because it controversial.
    People love controversy, they love to get annoyed and argue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    It's published because it sells, it sells because it controversial.
    People love controversy, they love to get annoyed and argue.
    Read above.

ReputationRep:
    The perspective and political stance is all that matters.

The guardian do not put out the same type of articles as, say, the daily male. They have a different readership. How do you not know this?

ReputationRep:
    Read above.
    No, I simply answered a question you put forward. I have no need to read above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    The perspective and political stance is all that matters.

The guardian do not put out the same type of articles as, say, the daily male. They have a different readership. How do you not know this?
    That is my point, they always discuss the same issues just from their own political viewpoint.

ReputationRep:
    No, I simply answered a question you put forward. I have no need to read above.
    You tried to. My answer is above.

ReputationRep:
    That is my point, they always discuss the same issues just from their own political viewpoint.
    Well that's the whole point.

ReputationRep:
    You tried to. My answer is above.
    No I did. Just because you don't necessarily agree with my answer it is still my answer, besides I had already read the posts before I commented.

I'm questioning why on earth you are debating when you can't seem to take anything on board from the other side.

ReputationRep:
    No I did. Just because you don't necessarily agree with my answer it is still my answer, besides I had already read the posts before I commented.

I'm questioning why on earth you are debating when you can't seem to take anything on board from the other side.
    Hmm, that's not very fair. I am engaging in debate and replying to opinions. You, on the other hand, are answering comments and refusing to acknowledge the answers which refute them (or attempt to from your perspective, presumably).

So as I said, my answer to your reply is above. If you have already read it then your answer doesn't make sense because it just repeats what I refuted.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    That was one of the most stupidest things I've ever read.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, that's not very fair. I am engaging in debate and replying to opinions. You, on the other hand, are answering comments and refusing to acknowledge the answers which refute them (or attempt to from your perspective, presumably).

So as I said, my answer to your reply is above. If you have already read it then your answer doesn't make sense because it just repeats what I refuted.
    You've a funny way of going about debating. Anyway never mind that I don't want to argue.

I honestly barely even understand what you are trying to make a point about, it all seems very ridiculous to me. Please feel free to explain to me what you think and why you think that in relation to the things you have said in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    don't call me weak i lift bro

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.