Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel additional and extension Science exams summer 2014 thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marcusroye98)
    I found extension easier except from P3. I think i found extension easier because i used the textbook to revise but for additional I only used the revision guide. I found C3 the easiest one. I got 47 out of 50 in the FASCAR and 44 out of 50 in the ASCAR
    yeah C3 was pretty straight forward... Fascar? you mean CA? i got 47 for additional and 45 for extension outa 50, what did you get in core?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelo12231)
    yeah i think you did... i failed that c2 6 marker tho hoping God gives me 3/6
    Thank god I wasn't the only one.

Everyone seemed confident about the last C2 6 marker but I flopped it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Thank god I wasn't the only one.

Everyone seemed confident about the last C2 6 marker but I flopped it.
    yeah people seemed to find it easy but everyone did a lot of mistakes...

ReputationRep:
    yeah C3 was pretty straight forward... Fascar? you mean CA? i got 47 for additional and 45 for extension outa 50, what did you get in core?
    I did core last year and got a high A is 44 an A* on the ca?

ReputationRep:
    For C2: Would i get marked down for saying intramolecular forces instead of intermolecular ?

ReputationRep:
    I did core last year and got a high A is 44 an A* on the ca?
    same and yeah only just

ReputationRep:
    For C2: Would i get marked down for saying intramolecular forces instead of intermolecular ?
    im afraid they are two different things

ReputationRep:
    im afraid they are two different things
    I put that ionic bond has strong intramolecular forces of attraction between the positive and negative ions xD

ReputationRep:
    I put that ionic bond has strong intramolecular forces of attraction between the positive and negative ions xD
    looool xD you should've just said forces of attraction mate... in the mark scheme it says that they will just accept forces of attraction but reject intra forces of attraction :P dw i donteven thinki wrote any of this....XD just hope hpe hope grade boundaries are low... what makes things worse... i want to do medicine :3 i hope 2A* 8As and a B is enough... (i was initailly hoping for 6A*s ahaha)

ReputationRep:
    looool xD you should've just said forces of attraction mate... in the mark scheme it says that they will just accept forces of attraction but reject intra forces of attraction :P dw i donteven thinki wrote any of this....XD just hope hpe hope grade boundaries are low... what makes things worse... i want to do medicine :3 i hope 2A* 8As and a B is enough... (i was initailly hoping for 6A*s ahaha)
    I wrote the correct thing if they forgot to read the intra part xD for the same question i put that it has a high melting point because the bonds are very hard to break which is also wrong -___-
    messed up on c2 so bad!
    Im sure you will do good!

ReputationRep:
    I wrote the correct thing if they forgot to read the intra part xD for the same question i put that it has a high melting point because the bonds are very hard to break which is also wrong -___-
    messed up on c2 so bad!
    Im sure you will do good!
    LOL i wrote strong forces of attraction so hard to break bonds? you're right!
    Thanks bro... hope you get your A/A*

ReputationRep:
    LOL i wrote strong forces of attraction so hard to break bonds? you're right!
    Thanks bro... hope you get your A/A*
    You have to say high amounts of energy needed
    Same for you ! need an A otherwise It looks like i wont be studying chem AS level!!

ReputationRep:
    You have to say high amounts of energy needed
    Same for you ! need an A otherwise It looks like i wont be studying chem AS level!!
    oh damn... in my school you just need 2As in core and additonal to study all the sciences... so if you get a B in chem but an A overall, you can study any science you want

ReputationRep:
    oh damn... in my school you just need 2As in core and additonal to study all the sciences... so if you get a B in chem but an A overall, you can study any science you want
    I think Ive got 43- 47 in C2
    They say I need an A in additional science but if i got a B in additional and A in further then i should still be able to do it

ReputationRep:
    I think Ive got 43- 47 in C2
    They say I need an A in additional science but if i got a B in additional and A in further then i should still be able to do it
    lol tbh i think i got 40 - 43 and yeah further was great

ReputationRep:
    lol tbh i think i got 40 - 43 and yeah further was great
    Hopefully that will be an A ! last year 44 was an A*!!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully that will be an A ! last year 44 was an A*!!
    or atleast a mid B... all i need to get an A overall and yeah i know! was last years the same as this years?

ReputationRep:
    or atleast a mid B... all i need to get an A overall and yeah i know! was last years the same as this years?
    There wasnt a massive difference ! c2 is so easy to make mistakes on so im hoping they wont up too much. I did most of the past papers and they seemed the same!

ReputationRep:
    There wasnt a massive difference ! c2 is so easy to make mistakes on so im hoping they wont up too much. I did most of the past papers and they seemed the same!
    agreed did you do any of these exams:
    AQA RE: marks gospel
    Edexcel ICT unit 1
    AQA french
    AQA english lang and Lit

ReputationRep:
    agreed did you do any of these exams:
    AQA RE: marks gospel
    Edexcel ICT unit 1
    AQA french
    AQA english lang and Lit
    I did AQA English Lit

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.