Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, how self-conscious are you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Aaah, I see now.
    At first I thought you were saying she swept away cheese that fell out of your sandwich all embarassed like and I was thinking 'what the hell kind of slobs do I know that this isn't imaginable to me?'

But yes, now I can picture it and she sounds quite self-conscious. I can be when around people I don't know very well - which is when of course I will always do something ridiculous like slip and fall straight into a chunky bit of furniture hard enough to actually move it when coming over to join them on a patio smoking area. Ugh. Or like, get a moth caught in my hair and not notice for a whole 20 minutes (he told me later) until the poor shy guy I'm with says 'I'm sorry... there's a moth in your hair, I was hoping it would just fall out but... I have to get it'. If I drop some food or whatever, I actually do the same as her and try to subtly brush it away/back onto a plate/into a napkin without them noticing feeling a little awkward.

However, with me it makes no difference how attractive the person is physically to me. It does how much I like them as a person or want them to like me (as a friend usually) which is separate to appearance. Often in larger gatherings where I don't know anyone too well and don't particularly want to get to know anyone I don't care.

Once we're friends I chill out and stop being so mortified by myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radprincess)
    oh sorry, no i didn't. she seems very nervous and very, very self-concious if she's worrying about a piece of cheese falling out.
    Before and after that incident, she seemed quite engaged in the conversation we were having, and we even added each other on facebook during the conversation. But that moment was definitely what stuck out for me.

ReputationRep:
    I'd make a jokey comment and laugh it off. I'm relatively self assured, I don't get embarrassed easily like I used to

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't realize cheese falling out of my sandwich and If I did something else considered "embarrassing" I might just jest and smile or laugh about it Not self conscious at all.

ReputationRep:
    Are you people actually talking about a cheese sandwhich or am I just missing something here?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    I'm ridiculously self conscious, can barely walk down a road without feeling like everybody is watching, waiting for me to trip over my own feet.

In that situation, I'd probably just pull a face and blush.
    Or hypothetically you could just spend the day in a park and everything could possibly go perfectly fine

ReputationRep:
    its not that embarassing really, falling down on your face when your walking with someone you like- thats embarassing!

ReputationRep:
    Am I missing the point? Or is it literally the cheese falling out the sandwich that's embarrassing?

I mean, stuff like that is a result of gravity and isn't anything to get self-conscious?

I was on a date with this guy who dropped Bbq chicken and cheese on my foot while I was wearing ballet pumps. It was the early stages of our dating days, so I could see him dying of embarrassment but we were comfortable enough to just laugh about it!

As a girl, I really don't get that self-conscious over many things. There are bigger problems in this world than crying over a bit of cheese falling out a sandwich. The trick is to be witty (:

Bigger problem: http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/u...-the-beach.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sach-okay)
    Am I missing the point? Or is it literally the cheese falling out the sandwich that's embarrassing?

I mean, stuff like that is a result of gravity and isn't anything to get self-conscious?

I was on a date with this guy who dropped Bbq chicken and cheese on my foot while I was wearing ballet pumps. It was the early stages of our dating days, so I could see him dying of embarrassment but we were comfortable enough to just laugh about it!

As a girl, I really don't get that self-conscious over many things. There are bigger problems in this world than crying over a bit of cheese falling out a sandwich. The trick is to be witty (:

Bigger problem: http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/u...-the-beach.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you read my second post? It wasn't even a date, it was two strangers (that go to the same university) talking to each other for the first time.

When the cheese did fall out of her sandwich, she started sweeping it off the table, with her hands, while making a quiet (but audible) sound that wasn't laughter; I didn't even notice the cheese until she did that. I then asked her "Hey, what's that?", in a joking manner, and her reply was "I was trying to hide it from you" (while also looking down, I think).

ReputationRep:
    It would be the end. I would have to kill him then.

Only joking.
    I would go very red, and probably apologise 1000 times over.
    If he was attractive, I would try and leave the situation after apologising 10000 times over.
    Idk why. It is what I do.

ReputationRep:
    probably not care as i do these thing most of the times anyway :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Plot twist, it was a ham sandwich.

BRuh Im Bipolar in the sense that some days i feel I look bomb ass then other days im like eurgh to the point that I actually cry im that ugly like you look in the mirror decent then you take a photo and im like ewww then like people be like aww its just the camera then why do other ppl look bomb ass in thier pictures :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerdays)
    For example:

If you were sitting on a cafe table, talking to a stranger that you found physically attractive, and then you did something "embarrassing" - such as a small piece of cheese falling out of your sandwich, how would you react and why? Would it be different if you didn't find the guy physically attractive?

The above example relates to a real life experience of mine. In general, how self-conscious are you?
    Cheese falling out of sandwich is embarassing?

I'd think that pulling your trousers down in front of said stranger would be more embarrasing.

I'd put that cheese in her mouth and eat it out of her mouth :sexface:

Spoiler:
    Show
    /loljk I have a TSR account. I would probably ignore the cheese/put it in the bin and turn the next page of my revision guide.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt be embarrassed, if you're embarrassed by something like that I think you may need help.

ReputationRep:
    For example:

If you were sitting on a cafe table, talking to a stranger that you found physically attractive, and then you did something "embarrassing" - such as a small piece of cheese falling out of your sandwich, how would you react and why? Would it be different if you didn't find the guy physically attractive?

The above example relates to a real life experience of mine. In general, how self-conscious are you?
    I would just laugh at myself and continue with my life. Unless like my boob popped out at the same time, then I would die a bit inside.

ReputationRep:
    i would feel embarresed if i did that sat on a bench and couldnt see anyone around , just incase someone i couldnt see was watching ! thats how self -concious i am

ReputationRep:
    Did you read my second post? It wasn't even a date, it was two strangers (that go to the same university) talking to each other for the first time.

When the cheese did fall out of her sandwich, she started sweeping it off the table, with her hands, while making a quiet (but audible) sound that wasn't laughter; I didn't even notice the cheese until she did that. I then asked her "Hey, what's that?", in a joking manner, and her reply was "I was trying to hide it from you" (while also looking down, I think).
    No I didn't fully understand the second post but I guess some people are just that more worried about everything when in front of people. First impressions?

If the date is hot, then its major awkward trying to come across as faultless, because its causing more attention to be brought upon one's self. Always room for human error, right (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Obviously if I found the guy attractive, I would be slightly more embarassed than if it was a guy I wasn't attracted to. Just because I would be worrying what his thoughts of me are. Dropping some cheese wouldn't bother me too much, of course in my head I'll inflate the situation by telling myself "he thinks I'm a messy eater and unladylike" but give it 3 minutes I'll be over it.

ReputationRep:
    I'll just be like.. Cheese?! What cheese?! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.