Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 19, just bought a spares or repair Skyline from ebay , going to do the head gaske Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had one of these before, absolute nightmare trying to sell them at market value because nobody wants them anymore due to the massive running costs. You're going to have a very small potential customer base with that so don't expect to sell it within days unless you sell it under its actual value.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    So the R33.

Do you know much about Skylines?

Those rims on that one are worth over £1500 alone...(if they are real)
    Thats an R34 my good friend. R34 GTT to be precise (single turbo, twin turbos are going for about 30k now)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    So the R33.

Do you know much about Skylines?

Those rims on that one are worth over £1500 alone...(if they are real)
    ^R34.

What model is it? GT? GTT? GT-4 etc? Not quite the F&F GTR but they still have some real potential.

Insurance won't be cheap if it's a turbo variant, I remember my supra was about the 3.5k mark at 18 and they won't be quick to sale - or sell for much if it's a non-turbo. If you want to make a good mark up on it but it looks like a good buy, nice wheels even if not genuine and looks in great nick Love the 2 door R34's in bayside blue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omarion526)
    ^R34.

What model is it? GT? GTT? GT-4 etc? Not quite the F&F GTR but they still have some real potential.

Insurance won't be cheap if it's a turbo variant, I remember my supra was about the 3.5k mark at 18 and they won't be quick to sale - or sell for much if it's a non-turbo. If you want to make a good mark up on it but it looks like a good buy, nice wheels even if not genuine and looks in great nick Love the 2 door R34's in bayside blue
    Its an R34 GTT.

It was also putting out close to 500bhp when it was sold in 2014.

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/5...nual-blue.html
    Heres where the OP swiped the picture from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love cake -)
    No, I'm selling the car cash only no part ex's, bought the car cheap and once it's repaired I'll be looking at selling for around the £5000 margin, I'll be making about a 2k profit on that

a little not much about skylines specifically though, I'm only on my second year in my apprenticeship at Rainfall's motor group but already replaced an engine on high performance cars on my own.

I'm working on this skyline alone at home, hoping to have it complete in next few days, got up to removing the head and will continue with it tomorrow
    When doing head gaskets, i'd recommend checking both the head and the block for flatness. They rarely blow for no reason. It's more fun to only do the gasket once! Resurfacing the head will raise the compression slightly, but should not be an issue at today's compression ratios. I'm running a Chevrolet engine with 10.86:1 CR on pump gas in the states. Now, i DID polish the combustion chambers on the heads, but i have no problem, even with the lousy octane of today's gas. If the pistons have been replaced, also check "deck height". Cheers & good luck!!.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.