Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 19 too old to start writing a diary? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovinlife2)
    Haha thank you! Oh I finished that "one" years ago! I've gone through about 3 books by now :') Haha I don't blame you at all - I don't write daily but only if I have time or can be even bothered to write an account of my day/days Exam periods will be the only exception that I totally don't touch my diary because I'm purely focused on work no matter what exciting things happen during the day!
    Can you give me advice- is writing in my diary daily too unrealistic? Or Is weekly more practical for being consistent with it long term

ReputationRep:
    No! I think my mum still writes a diary and she's in her 40's. I'm 20 and I must start writing again soon. It's a great way not only to remember stuff but to get things of your chest.

ReputationRep:
    I have a diary which I started last summer. I write in mines probably once a week on average (sometimes more depending on what's going on), writing in it daily is too much me for me as I wouldn't have much to write about on a day to day basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Can you give me advice- is writing in my diary daily too unrealistic? Or Is weekly more practical for being consistent with it long term
    I write in mine more-or-less daily (with some exceptions), as did Tony Benn, and have been doing so since I started in early January but to be honest it contains a lot of mundane detail. Nevertheless, it's still fun to occasionally read it back every now and then.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. I'm 29 and I still keep one (although don't write in it that often anymore). I recently found the one I had when I was 17/18 and it was quite fun to read back on, although cringey at times

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20 and I still write a diary. I like to look at them and evaluate my life (2 years ago it was so depressive I knew I needed to change) and just to remember the cool things I did. This year I actually took more risks and opportunities just to have something to write down in my diary, so it did help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still write in mine sometimes (generally when something major happens) and I'm 20! I still have my diary from when I was 12-14 and it's interesting see how much I've grown up since then.

My mum wrote a diary well into her 20s and I think even her 30s. It's always interesting looking back on things.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Sure. I think writing daily in your diary can be done and there's no problem with that but do bare in mind that some days you may have nothing interesting to write or you may simply be too exhausted or tired from your day to write an account of your day in your diary. Writing a diary account everyday is alright, but realistically speaking, it's probably better if you stick to writing a diary entry every other day or every 3 or 4 days.

However, a weekly update for your diary seems like a better choice because you have a list of different activities to write down and how you felt the week went and that's much more exciting

I always write in my diary every couple of weeks or when something nice happens in my week. My everyday life is too boring to write in my diary but if there's something special happening, you can write that down!

ReputationRep:
    If anything it's just the right age. I started one at 15 and I'm pretty certain I left it at home when I moved out and my mum has almost certainly come across (and therefore, read) it.

I can barely look her in the eye just thinking about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.