Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PC or console gamer? Watch

• View Poll Results: ?????????
    glorious master race
    83.02%
    worthless peasant
    16.98%

ReputationRep:
    Am I in the wrong dimension or is a console still a computer? Operating System, RAM, processor, power supply, hard drive, input/output and a graphics chipset? Yes... They're both a computer.

ReputationRep:
    I keep saying that I belong to the glorious master race of PC gamers but the truth is I'm just retarded when it comes to using a pad. Especially when it comes to first person shooters.
    ... ;_;
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jamie76)
    Am I in the wrong dimension or is a console still a computer? Operating System, RAM, processor, power supply, hard drive, input/output and a graphics chipset? Yes... They're both a computer.
    So is a pocket calculator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So is a pocket calculator.
    So is anything electronic that can receive data and carry out instructions. Doesn't mean we need to make a thread about which is superior: the toaster or the washing machine... Does it?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jamie76)
    So is anything electronic that can receive data and carry out instructions. Doesn't mean we need to make a thread about which is superior: the toaster or the washing machine... Does it?
    Doesn't even have to be electronic, and I would say Washing Machine.

ReputationRep:
    I use both however I primarily use my PC because you know, the recent steam summer sale

ReputationRep:
    I use both, recently been using the PC more due to me having to wait until FIFA 15 is released to get a PS4.

But for me, console gaming is only for exclusives and playing games like FIFA with the brother or parties/get togethers. Everything else is for the PC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Consoles can't handle Star Citizen
    Consoles lose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Consoles can't handle Star Citizen
    Consoles lose
    Have you seen the pole , brother? Our master race prevails once more.

ReputationRep:
    I like both, but I mostly game on my laptop. A PS4 has the same stats as my laptop does, and the few console peasants I know say that my laptop is rubbish :P they obviously haven't seen me play Skyrim on high quality...

However, I've grown up with console gaming, but I'm retarded as hell trying to play FPS games with a controller!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Top_Hat)
    I game on a Mac

On boot camp.
    Same. It's nice to have super stable OS X (a hackintosh can never measure up in this department IMO) for work and stuff but still be able to play all games. About half of my Steam library is available for OS X which is nice but as it doesn't support CrossfireX it would only use one of my graphics cards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingKitsune)
    I like both, but I mostly game on my laptop. A PS4 has the same stats as my laptop does, and the few console peasants I know say that my laptop is rubbish :P they obviously haven't seen me play Skyrim on high quality...

However, I've grown up with console gaming, but I'm retarded as hell trying to play FPS games with a controller!
    To be fair, a PC with the same stats as a PS4 will run games slightly worse due to the optimisation of games for PS4 hardware. Still, on a laptop that's pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    Which one are you?

Spoiler:
    Show
    I play both. PC Skyrim was superb, especially in multiplayer. I do like my flight sim, probably spent upwards of £500 on addons and peripherals for it. But then again, who can forget Ratchet and Clank for PS2? Such an epic game!

ReputationRep:
    If I had the money I would go for an awesome PC build. Though atm I have to play games on terrible graphics
    Mainly I think I just prefer the controls of pc; and can switch do doing other things on it quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Over the past year I've switched over mainly to PC, nothing to do with graphics but just convenience, and the type of games as well. Cheaper games in general, and humble bundles.

ReputationRep:
    Funny how the Uncharted picture on op is trying to show difference between pc and ps3, but the game is a ps3 exclusive.. Erm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I have console and PC games, but I always prefer console. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I am a gamer of both. I just like gaming depending on my mood - either I play alone or with friends.

ReputationRep:
    I game on both the PC and console

Consoles obviously aren't as good as PC, however consoles do have some good exclusives on them, for instance Beyond: Two Souls, Heavy Rain, Halo, Killzone.

I have PC, Xbox 360, PS3.

ReputationRep:
    This is a tough one because the games aren't on all the systems and such however:

I like the PS3 for The Last of Us, Drakes Uncharted Territory, Final Fantasy(older ones for playstation) etc some really good games.

I like the Xbox 360 for the Party chats and social stuff etc aswell as some of the xbox only games and console only games like GTA 5.

I like the PC for the MMO's which is great for meeting other people (I actually met one of the friends from online gaming) increased graphics in games like Skyrim via Mods.

As said by others above what I play depends on my mood and what I want to play, also who else I know is playing something has a big affect; I don't buy into one is better than the other etc etc especially gamers themselves there's good and bad on all systems

EDIT: currently on my PC for now as I sold my ps3 as I hardly played it much, tempted by next gen consoles but don't have any friends money

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.