Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where do you sit in a classroom? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Quietly, under the coats.

ReputationRep:
    At the back, because it's less likely that the teacher will ask me to answer a question.

ReputationRep:
    The back. I don't like people sitting behind me - especially new people - I feel like they're constantly looking at me. Less student-teacher interaction too, which I also find awkward. So it just makes me feel more comfortable, more private in a way.

ReputationRep:
    Generally I sit in a chair conveniently placed next to a desk. Nah, but seriously, I don't really have a preference, as long as I can see the board clearly I'm good to go.

ReputationRep:
    I always sit at the back but used to always have to move to the front due to TALKING :/ loooool xxxx

ReputationRep:
    I usually tend to sit nearest to the door, whether that be at the front, middle or back.

ReputationRep:
    As far back as possible, and as close to the corner as possible.

ReputationRep:
    At the back so I can talk with my friends, chew gum and use my phone.

ReputationRep:
    Usually the back near the side wall because I don't like it when people sit behind me and it's easier to avoid the teacher lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I sit in the middle of the lecture hall so I get the best view as all lecturers are video taped and the camera is located above the middle of the lecture hall so it's like the lecturer is speaking to you.

ReputationRep:
    to be at my best in a classroom i need to sit in the front nearest the door. but becuase teachers are stupid and dont listen to me i am in some weird places even after talking to them about it.

the reason for the front thing is that i have a hard tim eblocking out poeple in busy places (hearing is ok - i just find it hard to do this) and as such its easy for me to hear the teacher.

the door thing is becuase i will commonly have panic attacks in classrooms - and i will say "can i go to the loo" for example, to get out for a bit and calm myself down. however, teachers dont know about the door thing, and dont listen to me on the fron tthing, so sometimes im near the back and i do pretty badly. :/
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Usually the front when we can choose... Otherwise it's a seating plan...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Right at the front seems too keen, right at the back seems like you don't want to work...I prefer middle

ReputationRep:
    At the front. Near the edge. So I can see, and get out quick.

ReputationRep:
    The front so I can see the board clearly and hear the teacher clearly over the havoc in the classroom!

ReputationRep:
    I find the middle too noisy, front it is for me!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.