Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

living in halls at age 25... weird or not? :/ Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm choosing not to live in halls and it was pretty much a decision I made from the off.

I will be 28 though. I don't want to sound uppity but the thought of getting thrown together with a bunch of random 18 year olds wasn't very appealing to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krst02)
    Good for you! I say go for it I'm 24 and I'm going back to uni in September, living in halls (I chose not to for my first degree so it will be a new experience). I'm a bit apprehensive about the age gap too but this thread has made me feel a lot better. Good luck for September
    Thanks! I hope it goes really well for you too

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just my pennies worth, this may be a biased opinion, but being 25 myself I have worked in student accommodation for the past 4 years, and now going to university. I made the decision VERY early not to stay in halls. There are very few freshers students that "treat the pace with respect" and I found it infuriating how ridiculous some of the things that went on, and I personally wouldn't want to seem like the weirer older guy thats always getting frustrated by "student" antics.

Saying that you do get good and bad in all, so you may get lucky... but for me i didn't want to take the chance.

All the best!!

ReputationRep:
    I would say it's completely unproblematic. I didn't live in halls in the 1st year either, something I partually regret because I missed out on establishing many friends. I noticed this in the 2nd year, when a bunch of people seemed somewhat 'together' while I didn't know them overly well.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how good looking or willing to do their work for then you are. If you're good looking they'll accept you but nobody likes an old rotter cramping their style. If the younger guys in your halls accept you its because they think you're good looking and want to get laid.

ReputationRep:
    I just finished my first year at the Student Village in Swansea. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I found even being 21 years old that I found a few of the younger people (18 years old) to be pretty immature at times.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.