Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afghan Warrior)
    Hey me too! What made you interested in Nottingham? For me I'm confused between Nottingham/Huddersfield/Manchester. I'll defo be applying to Bradford, DMU and UCLan. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just think that the university has something different to offer compared to my other choices.
    So far I have chosen to apply to Nottingham, Manchester, Bath AND maybe UEA!

ReputationRep:
    I may be applying for medicine! I didn't go to the open day this summer so will hopefully go to the one in September.

ReputationRep:
    I'l be applying for Medicine! I went to the open day but didn't get a chance to look around the city - anyone know what it's like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itsmonique)
    I just think that the university has something different to offer compared to my other choices.
    So far I have chosen to apply to Nottingham, Manchester, Bath AND maybe UEA!
    I second that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've booked an open day for September! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for modern language studies (French, German and Dutch)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neverme)
    I'l be applying for Medicine! I went to the open day but didn't get a chance to look around the city - anyone know what it's like?
    I have family that live near Nottingham and we've been to the city centre with them several times. It's very big, very busy - absolutely loads of shops, restaurants, bars, stuff to do etc. If I remember correctly, it's all quite spread out so there's a lot of walking involved, but they have really good public transport there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    I have family that live near Nottingham and we've been to the city centre with them several times. It's very big, very busy - absolutely loads of shops, restaurants, bars, stuff to do etc. If I remember correctly, it's all quite spread out so there's a lot of walking involved, but they have really good public transport there.
    Sounds good! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannie Rose)
    I'm applying for modern language studies (French, German and Dutch)
    I'm applying for languages too ( well French and politics so not really the same as you) Nottingham will definitely be my firm if I get an offer

ReputationRep:
    I hear that Nottingham graduates have very good career prospects too, amirite?

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional offer for 2015 entry, so I'll say hi here seeing as I might meet some of you next year. I'll be studying English and German

ReputationRep:
    If all goes well, nottingham will be my firm and leicester my insurance. It seems a really good uni from all of my research - it's russel group isn't it?
    Hey Leicester is my insurance as well, what did you think of the uni? I'm a bit worried about the area, my sister (who went there) said its really boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samstown)
    Hey Leicester is my insurance as well, what did you think of the uni? I'm a bit worried about the area, my sister (who went there) said its really boring
    I booked a place on the open day yesterday, but I had no way of getting there so I couldn't go - I've not seen the university in person yet, but from the prospectus it seems pretty good!

I'm not one for going out at night, clubbing and getting drunk and what not, so it'd be perfectly fine for me.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, never really thought of applying to Notts til I saw they were the highest targeted university last year from Top 100 Employers!

Just when I thought I knew where I was applying, lol.

ReputationRep:
    If all goes well, nottingham will be my firm and leicester my insurance. It seems a really good uni from all of my research - it's russel group isn't it?
    Hey! I'm applying to Nottingham as my firm and probably Leicester as my insurance too! I'm applying for management btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelaolsen)
    Hey! I'm applying to Nottingham as my firm and probably Leicester as my insurance too! I'm applying for management btw
    Cool, I'm applying for law. If all goes well will see you there? xD

ReputationRep:
    Cool, I'm applying for law. If all goes well will see you there? xD
    Yeah hopefully! What campus are you thinking of staying on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelaolsen)
    Yeah hopefully! What campus are you thinking of staying on?
    I have family who live near the university; I might be staying with them. It will work out a lot cheaper if I do that.
    Otherwise, I'm not sure, I've not really looked into accommodation yet.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to apply for history and they offer a language for all courses for free, so you can learn a new language along side your degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weirdwildween)
    I am going to apply for history and they offer a language for all courses for free, so you can learn a new language along side your degree.
    This is awesome. I really love universities who do stuff like this - all the uni's I'm applying to have some sort of 'Languages For All' program, and/or a dedicated Foreign Language Centre that offers language training for free. I plan to pick up a couple languages to beginner's level and maybe Spanish to intermediate while I'm at uni.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.