Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guy with only female friends... please help. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I hope I haven't offended you because of your sexuality. I have nothing wrong with gays as 'people', rather just the idea of them in a relationship with each other and what they do.

Also, I do not normally voice that I am homophobic and usually keep it to myself, however I had taken offence to Stan above calling me gay and the comment was in response to that.

I will reiterate that I don't want this thread to turn into a heated debate on the topic of gays.

I won't be commenting on this thread any further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1985)
    I hope I haven't offended you because of your sexuality. I have nothing wrong with gays as 'people', rather just the idea of them in a relationship with each other and what they do.

Also, I do not normally voice that I am homophobic and usually keep it to myself, however I had taken offence to Stan above calling me gay and the comment was in response to that.

I will reiterate that I don't want this thread to turn into a heated debate on the topic of gays.

I won't be commenting on this thread any further.
    Why let it bother you if you know you're not homosexual...

Further to your first section, don't think about what they do together then? If you want to have a relationship with the opposite sex and feel that you can and feel that no one hates you for it then everyone should have that right. It's about love. Sex comes into it but that should never be anyones business but the couple. Judge all for their character and the choices they make, not for who they will fall in love with... especially if you want others to judge you in that way.

Can you see though you got angry at the other member calling you gay, well how do you think pretty much all homosexuals feel having it drummed into them by someone who doesn't even know them, that they're this that and the other because they love the same gender? Just relate how you feel to how basically all gays feel daily. If you don't like it then neither will we.

Anyway, end of this discussion I think - I won't continue it I just wanted to make a couple of points because seeing all of this on the student room like every day does begin to make you feel pretty rejected by like the whole of society excluding the odd few.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.