The Student Room Group

Ex's friend has tried to add me on Facebook?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Monsieur Gamma
No I haven't, been cracking the single life :smile:

Preaching to the choir :tongue:
Original post by Monsieur Gamma
My ex ended it 10 months ago ... we went NC and every single time we crossed paths she would be either really angry, stare at me obsessively or shout absurdities at me (often the lies my ex friend told her).

Annnnnywaaay ... I got a friend request from her close/best friend just 5 mins ago. I didn't think much of it, but after a bit I started to wonder things:

- Why would she bother friend requesting me 8 months after deleting her and the rest of my ex's friends?

- Is my ex reaching out through her? ... my ex blocked me randomly after 4 months.

- Or, is it in fact my ex's friend who's trying to chat me up now? Maybe my ex and her had a falling out? ... But it wouldn't make sense since ALL her friends would insult me and shout at me lol

What's going on?

It could be anything.

Perhaps she's just the type of person to add every person she's ever made eye contact with on Facebook, to boost her friend count and feel popular. Or perhaps your ex wants to Facebook stalk you, but obviously can't add you as a friend so she's getting someone else to do it. Or maybe she genuinely wants to be friends, or make sure there are no hard feelings etc.

You'll never know unless you accept the request. Or maybe it's not that important anymore, and you don't want to know. That's up to you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tazarooni89
It could be anything.

Perhaps she's just the type of person to add every person she's ever made eye contact with on Facebook, to boost her friend count and feel popular. Or perhaps your ex wants to Facebook stalk you, but obviously can't add you as a friend so she's getting someone else to do it. Or maybe she genuinely wants to be friends, or make sure there are no hard feelings etc.

You'll never know unless you accept the request. Or maybe it's not that important anymore, and you don't want to know. That's up to you.

I don't know lol ... No one does, but I can tell you all her friends loathed me, and not just because they're my ex's friends :smile: ...

Anyway ... I think it's either plain curiosity OR it's my ex trying to be friends/get back into contact through her friend :smile:

See where this goes, and I'll keep y'all up to date!
Original post by Jobin123
Preaching to the choir :tongue:

You betcha :wink:
Reading too much into it. It's just Facebook lol.
Original post by Pectorac
You either want to accept her and you do it, or you don't so don't accept her. Does it really matter? You know life is pathetic when you obsess about Facebook and the people on it.

Hear hear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending