Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What book shall I read next? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurangzeb)
    Are you sure you didn't read the abridged version?

Here's a definition of abridged for you, considering you almost certainly don't know what it means.

abridge
    əˈbrɪdʒ/
    verb
    past tense: abridged; past participle: abridged
    shorten (a book, film, speech, etc.) without losing the sense.
    "an abridged text of his speech"
    lel. You're not very good at trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    lel. You're not very good at trolling.
    What trolling?

The fact that you had to make an entire thread about which book you thought you should read next, and then cited ''barbarians and 'chieftans'' as a preferred genre is laughable

ReputationRep:
    What trolling?

The fact that you had to make an entire thread about which book you thought you should read next, and then cited ''barbarians and 'chieftans'' as a preferred genre is laughable

Seriously lol if you aren't trolling. It's so stupid I don't know how to respond to you.
    I've already read books with some of the themes I described in my OP. Especially barbarians lmfao, it's a very common theme. Are you for real? Dude how old are you?

I actually want to read something with a setting similar to the Philippine islands and tribes before the Spanish started invading but I doubt people here know much about history in that part of the world to give me any book names with that kind of theme.

Don't see what the big deal is about having a book preference lmao.

ReputationRep:
    OMG the perfect book is SO Wolf Of The Plains By Conn Iggulden which is about the Genghis Khan the Mongolian conqueror!!!!!! It is THE most amazing book out there and my faaaaave! It's got everything you could wish for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Seriously lol if you aren't trolling. It's so stupid I don't know how to respond to you.
    I've already read books with some of the themes I described in my OP. Especially barbarians lmfao, it's a very common theme. Are you for real? Dude how old are you?

I actually want to read something with a setting similar to the Philippine islands and tribes before the Spanish started invading but I doubt people here know much about history in that part of the world to give me any book names with that kind of theme.

Don't see what the big deal is about having a book preference lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Sure shut you up haha

(Original post by Beenaa)
    OMG the perfect book is SO Wolf Of The Plains By Conn Iggulden which is about the Genghis Khan the Mongolian conqueror!!!!!! It is THE most amazing book out there and my faaaaave! It's got everything you could wish for!
    Cool that sounds badass. I'll look into it.

ReputationRep:
    Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone-Fantasy Adventure books where you get to choose what happens
    R L Stine`s Goosebumps-Horror stories, he also has the `Give Yourself Goosebumps` series where you can choose what happens
    Darren Shan`s Cirque Du Freak-Horror/Fantasy Vampire series
    Harry Potter series

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.