Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, would you marry a single mother or accept her as a long term partner? Watch

• View Poll Results: ?
    yes
    41.30%
    no
    58.70%

Never. Why would I want someone else's kid and all the Jeremy Kyle **** that goes along with it?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Freudian Slip)
      I'm not going to list every worldly possibility, but your post makes it sound staggeringly like fault always lies with the woman if she ends up alone once with child.
      you make it sound like theres lots of possibilities.
      yet you can't name even 1.

if you'd like to have a discussion. have a point backed up by more than just emptily stating that im wrong with nothing but your feelings and the wind backing it up.

id like u to name 3. but i imagine that would be too hard for u.

ReputationRep:
      Presuming I've made it to 30 and found nobody else, yes.
      But not until then.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jebedee)
      Like Ian Watkins you mean? I would have thought not many women would allow that, I couldn't imagine it being that common really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      its more common than u think.

i know people that have grown up and never told their parents it happened.
      i know one girl whos mom blamed her for seducing him
      i know another whos mom got rid of him but was too ashamed about being a bad parent to report it.
      i know a social worker and yes it happens commonly.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Shaolin Punk)
      you make it sound like theres lots of possibilities.
      yet you can't name even 1.

if you'd like to have a discussion. have a point backed up by more than just emptily stating that im wrong with nothing but your feelings and the wind backing it up.

id like u to name 3. but i imagine that would be too hard for u.
      Did you not just 'emptily state' your arguments with little - other than your own anecdotal - evidence to back them up? :sigh:

I disagree with the fact you seem to think the woman is always at fault - as I have already explained to you in a previous post. Why you feel the need to get so personal about it is, frankly, beyond me.

ReputationRep:
      Lol if every woman decided to make the "right" choices in men, there'll be hardly any men in relationships.

Women are naturally skeptical of men they date, now we should be psychics and just know if a man would turn out to be bad? Disgraceful. She could br widowed, he could have cheated (how a woman should automatically identify a cheat, you tell me) and he could be violent and abusive (which is common). Have you seen the latest statistics? Teenagers are more likely to have a smartphone than a father living with them, you saying that that is solely women's faults?

Actually you probably are, don't bother answering that. I'm terribly sorry for you if that's what you think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Did you not just 'emptily state' your arguments with little - other than your own anecdotal - evidence to back them up? :sigh:

I disagree with the fact you seem to think the woman is always at fault - as I have already explained to you in a previous post. Why you feel the need to get so personal about it is, frankly, beyond me.
      i didnt think you could
      i can see youd prefer to dance around the issue then. good for u.

she always is. a relationship is a 50/50 thing. shes always at least 50% at fault.

why am i going to get with someone who makes worse decisions than me?

I take responsibility for my own life. i dont blame everyone else for it.

i date women a long time and vet them thoroughly to make sure i know they are suitable for having a future with. thats kinda the whole point in dating. its basically a series of romantic interviews for a life partner. an interview a women with a kid would fail.

if i have the choice between two nice girls, one with a kid and one with out, why am i going to pick the obviously worse option of the women with the kid?

i've managed to navigate my way through life without getting a women pregnant and separating with her. or picking a women badly so that i get her pregnant and she leaves or cheats or what ever.

I'm responsible for my choices. I won't someone who is as responsible as I am.

ReputationRep:
      nah. the pussy be loose.

ReputationRep:
      I don't want Children atm, I'm 22 and trying to take care of myself. I'm not about that taking care of children life just yet. so Naaaaaaaaah fam. Major baggage

ReputationRep:
      I still think saying someone's at 'fault' if they happen to choose a partner who, ultimately, betrays them (or whatever else) is 'poor choice'. None of us are ****ing psychic. If you can predict the future, based on your thorough 'vetting' of women, then I commend you.

Here are some reasons: death, divorce, unintended pregnancies, adoptions, fertility treatments, societal decline in view of a 'conventional family life'.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh)
      nah. the pussy be loose.
      Not necessarily...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jebedee)
      Not necessarily...

Posted from TSR Mobile
      i wasn't talking about they're loose because they've had a kid, anyone is loose once they do the deed with me

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
      Lol if every woman decided to make the "right" choices in men, there'll be hardly any men in relationships.

Women are naturally skeptical of men they date, now we should be psychics and just know if a man would turn out to be bad? Disgraceful. She could br widowed, he could have cheated (how a woman should automatically identify a cheat, you tell me) and he could be violent and abusive (which is common). Have you seen the latest statistics? Teenagers are more likely to have a smartphone than a father living with them, you saying that that is solely women's faults?

Actually you probably are, don't bother answering that. I'm terribly sorry for you if that's what you think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      The thing is so many women still go for the ''bad boy'' even when knowing his history. Look at all the threads on here about guys who cheated 15 times and the girl thinks she won't cheat on her as well because ''he promised''. Or they know they've abused or hit other girls yet somehow it was the women's fault. Or don't know if they should leave a guy who hits them, spits in their face or verbally abuses them every single day because they ''know'' he's not that bad inside and it was the booze talking or he had a bad day or or or ... Oh, and when they finally dump him they cry about how lonely they are and want him back after 2 days.

Never, ever underestimate the neediness and the female way of letting emotions make all their decisions, especially when it comes to dominant abusive douchebags.

ReputationRep:
      I still think saying someone's at 'fault' if they happen to choose a partner who, ultimately, betrays them (or whatever else) is 'poor choice'. None of us are ****ing psychic. If you can predict the future, based on your thorough 'vetting' of women, then I commend you.

Here are some reasons: death, divorce, unintended pregnancies, adoptions, fertility treatments, societal decline in view of a 'conventional family life'.
      well i did say other than being widowed so that doesnt count.

divorce. no shes still responsible.
      unintended pregnancies. shes still responsible. i always wear a condom. dont see whats so hard about it for others...
      adoptions. well its my opinion but i think its a poor choice to adopt kids as a single parent.
      societal decline. your still responsible. if i get an asbo im not going to blame societal decline.

if youve been in a relationship with someone for 4 years you can gauge them a lot better as potential partner to have kids with.

people drop out of uni in their final year.
      people make it to their final year fail the last year and refuse to retake.
      so i would have to know someone a minimum of 3 years before i had kids with them.

maybe their partner was bad. but maybe they were bad to their partner.

but if its me. im not giving up easily on my family. if you wanna ruin things and cheat then fine. we can sleep with our backs to each other while u run off to holiday inn with ur new toy.
      but im not breaking up the unit.
      im for the family like walter white.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by StevieA)
      The thing is so many women still go for the ''bad boy'' even when knowing his history. Look at all the threads on here about guys who cheated 15 times and the girl thinks she won't cheat on her as well because ''he promised''. Or they know they've abused or hit other girls yet somehow it was the women's fault. Or don't know if they should leave a guy who hits them, spits in their face or verbally abuses them every single day because they ''know'' he's not that bad inside and it was the booze talking or he had a bad day or or or ... Oh, and when they finally dump him they cry about how lonely they are and want him back after 2 days.

Never, ever underestimate the neediness and the female way of letting emotions make all their decisions, especially when it comes to dominant abusive douchebags.
      yup.
      nearly every girl i know makes dumb partner decisions.
      and EVERY girl i know with a kid makes dumb partner decisions.
      over and over.

they ask me advice. i give it. they go away. do the opposite. come back crying. asking for more advice. continue to not follow it. more crying.

ReputationRep:
      well i did say other than being widowed so that doesnt count.

divorce. no shes still responsible.
      unintended pregnancies. shes still responsible. i always wear a condom. dont see whats so hard about it for others...
      adoptions. well its my opinion but i think its a poor choice to adopt kids as a single parent.
      societal decline. your still responsible. if i get an asbo im not going to blame societal decline.

if youve been in a relationship with someone for 4 years you can gauge them a lot better as potential partner to have kids with.

people drop out of uni in their final year.
      people make it to their final year fail the last year and refuse to retake.
      so i would have to know someone a minimum of 3 years before i had kids with them.
      The woman is solely responsible if her marriage ends in divorce? :lolwut:

My previous relationship lasted for five years. I think I had a pretty good measure of the man, yet it was only after we parted ways he proved what an ******* he was. Like I said, no-one's psychic. You simply can't predict these things.

Also, I don't see what relevance this bears to dropping out of university(?)

ReputationRep:
      at the end of the day. i've managed to not have a ******* child from some train wreck relationship. if you can't manage to achieve the same thing then your not on my level.

ReputationRep:
      other than being widowed.

what else is there.
      Single moms I know:

Adopted three kids with her partner of 5 years, he ran off leaving her with the kids

Muslim woman, has three children, dad runs off with a young French woman two years older than his daughter leaving her to look after two disabled kids on her own

Girl who was with the dad for 4 years, they agreed to have a kid then he ran off when she was pregnant

And one who has a hell of a lot of baggage (depressed, beaten up repeatedly by the kids father which he was put in jail for, got a new partner who seemed loveley who then beat her up)

In the main it is no way irresponsible behaviour or bad choices that lead to single motherhood among the people I know, it is irresponsible partners getting cold feet/not giving a **** about their kids, but who put on a very good front for long enough to convince them they had a relationship stable enough for children.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by redferry)
      Single moms I know:

Adopted three kids with her partner of 5 years, he ran off leaving her with the kids

Muslim woman, has three children, dad runs off with a young French woman two years older than his daughter leaving her to look after two disabled kids on her own

Girl who was with the dad for 4 years, they agreed to have a kid then he ran off when she was pregnant

And one who has a hell of a lot of baggage (depressed, beaten up repeatedly by the kids father which he was put in jail for, got a new partner who seemed loveley who then beat her up)

In the main it is no way irresponsible behaviour or bad choices that lead to single motherhood among the people I know, it is irresponsible partners getting cold feet/not giving a **** about their kids, but who put on a very good front for long enough to convince them they had a relationship stable enough for children.
      yea they all suck at being able to spot bad partners. especially the one that keeps choosing violent abusive men.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by redferry)
      Surely you know by now, redferry, that women are always at fault in these sorts of situations? :erm:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2014
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.