Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why so many 35-40 yo very successful women can't find a partner? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    I think a lot of men don't want a more successful woman to over shadow them. Its really hard to change attitudes to the usual power distribution between men and women even now.

Also successful women usually want an even more successful man and of course, most successful men are already in a relationship or have little trouble finding a younger women.
    Or maybe most successful women have masculine personalities (needed to make it ''to the top'') that are not very attractive to a guy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Oh, I did. Come at me :sexface:

If it makes them feel better, I'll let 'em have it. I'll probably look like a withered old hag by 30 anyway.
    :lol: Looks like I've caught a bit of reputation here:sexface:

I'll come after you come bbz:sexface:

Withered old hag? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    Or maybe most successful women have masculine personalities (needed to make it ''to the top'') that are not very attractive to a guy?
    No, not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    I'm not one of the stereotypical White knight male feminist users, but I have never understood this thinking.

Men aged 35-40 probably earn more than men aged 20-25 (generally speaking), but in terms of looks they are usually pretty horrendous with yellowing teeth, fat bellies etc. I just think this idea of women losing their attractiveness and men retaining it, is a kind of revenge fantasy bitter losers have.
    Looks depend a lot more on how you take care of yourself. A younger guy usually looks better but if he's fat, unsuccessful or has bad taste in clothes, hes going to loose out to an older more successful guy who looks after himself and dresses well.

I think for a lot of women in their late 20s or early 30's, a man in his 40s with a successful career is a surer bet than someone her own age since men that age would prefer a woman in their early to mid 20s and they have not yet have time to be successful.

A woman in her early 30s knows both her looks and her fertility are starting to decline and would opt for an older man who is a safer bet. She is competing with women in their mid 30s and early forties for the same men so in most cases the older women looses.

ReputationRep:
    Men that age can still have biological children without it getting complicated. After the age of 35 the risk of complications with the baby when a woman gets pregnant increases by a lot. Plus you're creeping closer to the menopause and because biological children mean a lot to a lot of people, it's a bit of a dealbreaker. Plus apparently women age worse than men (I think it's nonsense but there we have it). I'd say it depends on the person but then I'm a girl so my opinion of what guys find attractive is irrelevant. And also I think there's still a part of many people who still cling to gender roles.

ReputationRep:
    Because nobody wants stale old pussy.

ReputationRep:
    Where did OP get the idea that successful women of this age group can't find decent partners?
    All my Aunts are around this age, successful and all have equally successful partners.:confused:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.