Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are most women naturally submissive to men? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sooooo, women basically want a dominatrix? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the individual. As a guy, I would jump at the opportunity to marry a wealthy woman.

Not literally, mind, but you get the message.

ReputationRep:
    Everything you've said is pretty much opposite of what I want in a partner. Some women are submissive and some dominant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Everything you've said is pretty much opposite of what I want in a partner. Some women are submissive and some dominant.
    Because some women aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some women just want to watch the world burn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGear)

No matter how much technology you throw at people you can't change their genetic make over.
    The process of evolution isn't just tied to genetics though. The same sort of process also applies to ideas, religions, societies, computer viruses, lasers.

Stuff like societal structure can and does change. That structure can be linked into genetic stuff and non genetic stuff. Basically there are a load of factors effecting what women look for in a partner and vice versa, some more set in stone whilst others are more flexible and amenable to change. Even if there are universal traits that the average women looks for that doesn't mean there wont be outliers that look for something else.

(Original post by StevieA)
    Because some women aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some women just want to watch the world burn.
    Money isn't the only logical thing to look for...

ReputationRep:
    A case of "you're the exception, rather than the rule"

99% of women are exactly like what OP has described.

I'd love to get together with the 1%

ReputationRep:

Let me guess, you don't know many women, but you heard it on the internet? Amiright?

ReputationRep:

I stopped taking the ''some'' people seriously along time ago. ''Some people can run the 100 in under 10s, some can't''.

ReputationRep:
    That makes 0% of sense Mr I hate women.

ReputationRep:
    I stopped taking the ''some'' people seriously along time ago. ''Some people can run the 100 in under 10s, some can't''.
    What did you say?

ReputationRep:
    That makes 0% of sense Mr I hate women.
    How exactly do I hate women? By thinking they are naturally different?

ReputationRep:
    How exactly do I hate women? By thinking they are naturally different?
    By saying that if they don't submit to gender roles they want to watch the world burn?

I'm not naturally submissive and that somehow makes me a threat and a bad person?

ReputationRep:
    Let me guess, you don't know many women, but you heard it on the internet? Amiright?
    OK, I don't like to put every girl in the same basket, so I'm going to admit I got that 99% wrong......
    It's probably something like 70%

ReputationRep:

Have you actually done some kind of study on the subject? Or are you pulling those numbers out your bum?

ReputationRep:
    Have the feminists arrived yet

ReputationRep:
    OK, I don't like to put every girl in the same basket, so I'm going to admit I got that 99% wrong......
    It's probably something like 70%
    I'll agree with you on that, but it isn't really their fault you are surrounded by that sort of culture from birth. I was more of a tomboy so didn't really feel those pressures but for anyone who identifies as more feminine, or with an urge to fit in, it's hard not to be effected by that.

ReputationRep:
    On the physical front I will agree I do prefer taller and stronger men, and I will agree a lot of what makes me attracted to that is probably evolutionary. But in everything else I would much prefer an equal relationship, I wouldn't like to be with someone who was commanding and told me what to do, I value my independence and wouldn't want to be in a relationship where I was submissive. I value intelligence and ambition because I also have these traits so I'd want someone who would match me and challenge me, but never dominate me. I'd hate to feel inferior to my partner :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll agree with you on that, but it isn't really their fault you are surrounded by that sort of culture from birth. I was more of a tomboy so didn't really feel those pressures but for anyone who identifies as more feminine, or with an urge to fit in, it's hard not to be effected by that.
    Absolutely, it's not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzy890)
    But my point is that society plays more of a role than biology. As stated above, both men and women have their own strengths but because women have been constantly treated as inferior for thousands of years, society itself has evolved to subconsciously impact what women look for in a man and what men look for in a woman.
    Is this conjecture? I would be quite interested to see evidence to that the fundamental things which the majority of men and women find most appealing about each other are socially conditioned.

(Original post by Sazzy890)
    It could potentially be argued the other way around. Men might be looking for someone inferior so that he feels strong and more of a man to fit in with societal norms/gender roles.
    A little uncharitable...there are conceivable positives to a submissive or gentle character besides men seeking to big themselves up. The increased likelihood of being patient and caring with children, for one.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I expect it is biological due to sexual dimorphism and the evolutionary divergence of responsibilities.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.