Does it matter? You're getting paid.

I doubt it.
    Yeah but the wage is like 11K. I don't mind like 14K
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by po10tial)
    Yeah but the wage is like 11K. I don't mind like 14K
    If you are employed by the agency then it will be short term, fixed-contract work and there will be no room for salary negotiation. The company and the agency will agree the salary and the agency fee and the person that takes the job takes the salary.

If you apply for a permanent job through an agency then you can negotiate a different salary with the employer. Frankly though, for an entry level job that's only paying 11k, you've got a cat in hell's chance of getting £14k.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    If you are employed by the agency then it will be short term, fixed-contract work and there will be no room for salary negotiation. The company and the agency will agree the salary and the agency fee and the person that ta kes the job takes the salary.

If you apply for a permanent job through an agency then you can negotiate a different salary with the employer. Frankly though, for an entry level job that's only paying 11k, you've got a cat in hell's chance of getting £14k.
    Fair enough.

If you were offered a job with a better salary but you didn't like it, would u still take it?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough.

If you were offered a job with a better salary but you didn't like it, would u still take it?
    In my experience you can rarely judge 'don't like it' accurately until you have done a job for 6 months. So on that basis, I'd take the best job I held an offer for - best being defined by the one that gave me my preferred balance of career development and salary. There is no value in using other people's opinions of 'best' when it comes to jobs and salaries.

ReputationRep:
    In my experience you can rarely judge 'don't like it' accurately until you have done a job for 6 months. So on that basis, I'd take the best job I held an offer for - best being defined by the one that gave me my preferred balance of career development and salary. There is no value in using other people's opinions of 'best' when it comes to jobs and salaries.
    Thanks.

I have an offer for a £17K job but its not what I'm really after.

I may get an offer but its £10-11K but its a role that will benefit my future. I have to work in a small team, but I'm not sure if I will integrate...

What happens if you go late to work occasionally. I.e, 09:15 for a 09:00 - 17:00 Job
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:

What happens if you go late to work occasionally. I.e, 09:15 for a 09:00 - 17:00 Job
    Without asking/warning in advance, you'll probably get a verbal warning first time, a written warning second time and if it continues - fired.

You are asking questions that any maturing adult should be able to work out for themselves, just by common sense. If you are going to need additional support in the workplace then you really need to get yourself along to your university careers service and get professional help to support your transition into a job. TSR is not a suitable alternative.

ReputationRep:
    Without asking/warning in advance, you'll probably get a verbal warning first time, a written warning second time and if it continues - fired.

You are asking questions that any maturing adult should be able to work out for themselves, just by common sense. If you are going to need additional support in the workplace then you really need to get yourself along to your university careers service and get professional help to support your transition into a job. TSR is not a suitable alternative.
    Thanks, I was curious... thats all.

As for choosing a job, should you take the money and environment into account?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I was curious... thats all.

As for choosing a job, should you take the money and environment into account?
    As threeportdrift has indicated, your questions are really answerable by a few minutes' thought and some common sense.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.