Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

One Direction fans? Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    My friend told me to hear fireproof, will do now!

Thanks for the rep, Spotify
    No problem

Fireproof isn't available as a free download anymore, but I'm sure you'll find it on YouTube somewhere
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I like most of their music Catchy, nice beats, lyrics aren't bad, can sing to it..
    Likewise - in my opinion they haven't put out a single bad song yet.

ReputationRep:
    I actually used to play football with Liam Payne on the weekends, decent player but not the nicest of characters. I remember him calling out a friend of mine for a fight and the backing out at the last minute
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My friend told me to hear fireproof, will do now!

Thanks for the rep, Spotify
    By the way, One Direction have released a teaser of their new single, out on October 12th!

http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/one...steal-my-girl/
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

(Original post by spotify95)
    Fireproof isn't available as a free download anymore, but I'm sure you'll find it on YouTube somewhere
    Thanks for letting me know!

Likewise - in my opinion they haven't put out a single bad song yet.
    Agreed.

By the way, One Direction have released a teaser of their new single, out on October 12th!

http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/one...steal-my-girl/
    Ooh okay I'll check it out :yep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for letting me know!

Agreed.

Ooh okay I'll check it out :yep:
    Yep, I cannot wait for the new single. I'm also hoping their album, Four, will be just as good, if not better, than the last 3 albums they have done

If you want a copy of Fireproof, just send an email to my registered email address

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danalwill)
    I actually used to play football with Liam Payne on the weekends, decent player but not the nicest of characters. I remember him calling out a friend of mine for a fight and the backing out at the last minute
    That makes him not a nice character?! Really?! I can't believe you played football with him though, that's so cool 🙊🙊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zkrjebril)
    Personally, I think they make decent music but they're definitely more sucessful because of their style and looks.

It may or may not be true, but many of their fans do quote it as a focal point and I'm seeing too many great techno and solo mixers who have near-no mass fame with similar or better melodies and tunes. Each to their own, though.

This reason's more petty but I personally respect guys less who don't have manly figures and appearances. But that's me I guess.

What I personally actually hate is not 1D, but how people can use a phenomenon for social gain ("OMG I LKR 1D <3 etc" on twitter bios) or spread their hate or antagonise people. I can only judge 1D as a music choice though, not as people. That's called "ad hominem", folks .

Please respect the Thread Starter's rules guys. No hate.
    I do get your point. However there are some artists out there like Ed Sheeran who are not liked for their looks (no offence Ed!) but for their music and sometimes for their personality.

Personally, I like One Direction for their music (although they are hot :P) and their personalities seem lovely too. In all honesty, I've bought all of their albums so far and I wouldn't want an album to listen to their faces!

I think way too many people, males in particular, judge One Direction when in fact they could enjoy their music, but they don't give them a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie !)
    I do get your point. However there are some artists out there like Ed Sheeran who are not liked for their looks (no offence Ed!) but for their music and sometimes for their personality.

Personally, I like One Direction for their music (although they are hot :P) and their personalities seem lovely too. In all honesty, I've bought all of their albums so far and I wouldn't want an album to listen to their faces!

I think way too many people, males in particular, judge One Direction when in fact they could enjoy their music, but they don't give them a chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Near definitely true. Most guys just make homophobic comments about 1D without ever listening to their music
    . I have a bit but only a few of their most famous. The female trolls in the fanbase generally scare the potentail guy fans away. Shame cos whats a concert without both guys and girls.

BTW, I'm an EDM techno fan so that would probably explain why I choose other types of music than 1Ds. 1Ds music has soul though, I'll give it that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.