Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which University takes your breathe away for the pretty buildings? Watch

ReputationRep:
    University of Glasgow..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    University of Glasgow especially in the winter when it is snowing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    KCL's buildings really beautiful
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    The main QUB building is gorgeous. And I see a lot of the Cambridge buildings too - very pretty.

But I don't think I could study in really old buildings. Like I think they're nice to look at but I prefer more modern buildings in general.

ReputationRep:
    St. Andrews

ReputationRep:
    If only Nottingham was a middle class city, and that the main campus was orientated so that you faced the Trent Building head on rather than from the side as you walked to and fro. That would have made it a truly awe inspiring place to be, enough to topple Oxbridge itself possibly. Though it is very good just as it is. The city itself is kind of dirty and ridden with crime, but that is true of London and all big cities. Oxford and Cambridge certainly have a darker side a mile or two from the university areas.
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Biased :teehee:

Name:  1405874889744.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  65.1 KB
    Name:  1405874901667.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  71.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennyB93)
    I think Bath is one of the best-looking cities... Can't wait to go there in September!
    Me too! What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Biased :teehee:

Name:  1405874889744.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  65.1 KB
    Name:  1405874901667.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  71.3 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kind of odd you have chosen Liverpool ahead of Durham, not that Liverpool is not a very good uni, it is, but Durham is just a bit better generally. Liverpool is famous for offering the triple crown subjects of Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science, as with Bristol.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mansun)
    Kind of odd you have chosen Liverpool ahead of Durham, not that Liverpool is not a very good uni, it is, but Durham is just a bit better generally. Liverpool is famous for offering the triple crown subjects of Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science, as with Bristol.
    When I chose my firm and insurance, Liverpool's course was much better in terms of my interests. However I've changed my course now and Durham don't offer it so it wouldn't have been an option anyway if I had applied for the right subject in the first place plus I got allocated to a college I didn't want I know where you're coming from though, people think I'm stupid for it true true!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I chose my firm and insurance, Liverpool's course was much better in terms of my interests. However I've changed my course now and Durham don't offer it so it wouldn't have been an option anyway if I had applied for the right subject in the first place plus I got allocated to a college I didn't want I know where you're coming from though, people think I'm stupid for it true true!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unless the course itself means the world to you, I would still choose Durham if you get the grades. Durham is seen as a top 10 university from employers, Liverpool a top 20-25. I graduated from Nottingham nearly 10 years ago, so I have learned from experience what universities give you an edge in a competitive job market. E.g. students from middle class backgrounds flock to Exeter if they get rejected by Oxbridge, but in reality the top employers (investment banks, Law firms etc) don't have Exeter down as target university. Though most people don't go into those kinds of fields, and most employers don't care that much where you studied.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Unless the course itself means the world to you, I would still choose Durham if you get the grades. Durham is seen as a top 10 university from employers, Liverpool a top 20-25. I graduated from Nottingham nearly 10 years ago, so I have learned from experience what universities give you an edge in a competitive job market.
    I wouldn't have been as happy there though and as I said, they don't offer my course so it's irrelevant now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have been as happy there though and as I said, they don't offer my course so it's irrelevant now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't they offer you another course? I was after Medicine at Nottingham, didn't get the grades, so they offered Biochemistry? That is what I majored in.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Can't they offer you another course? I was after Medicine at Nottingham, didn't get the grades, so they offered Biochemistry? That is what I majored in.
    But I want to do Biology and History, nothing else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you have a look on their prospectus or go through clearing and find the course that interests you or perhaps look into extended degrees

Nightworld1066

ReputationRep:
    But I want to do Biology and History, nothing else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just keep the option of Durham open, it is too good a University to overlook for Liverpool to be frank, and 10 years down the line you WILL wish you chose Durham. I'm not your mother though, do what you like.

The thread was about University buildings, and Durham certainly has a few of those. Liverpool too to some extent.

ReputationRep:
    Greenwich is lovely, that being said i'm not one for old buildings.
    I like modern looking buildings, when i'm around older buildings i get pretty depressed :stupido3::blushing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lipslikemorphine)
    Greenwich is lovely, that being said i'm not one for old buildings.
    I like modern looking buildings, when i'm around older buildings i get pretty depressed :stupido3::blushing:
    Greenwich is one of the nicest areas in the country bar none.

ReputationRep:

Enjoy University Park's Trent Building, it looks amazing from the air! Nottingham has a crown jewel there.

ReputationRep:
    Greenwich, Durham, Edinburgh, Cambridge, UCL. KCL also has some nice buildings, but the Waterloo campus is dreadful.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.