Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being followed home and harassed Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    "A white knight is defined as a male that treats woman as goddesses and does nothing but shower then in compliments on how wonderful and beautiful and special they are."

Unlucky, better luck next time, buddy.
    In b4 guy who ignores the first definition he comes along as that doesn't support his usage of the word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice_95)
    I was followed home just now - it was really scary because this guy wouldn't go away. He was trying to get my number etc and ignored my asking to be alone. I got back to halls and one of my flatmates said she wasn't surprised. I'm so frustrated, I love wearing certain clothes because then I feel confident, but I get followed and approached consistently. I'm not sure whether it's because I'm living in an 'interesting' part of South London, but I hate feeling like a prostitute or something because of the gaping stares and people following me. Should I just suck it up or wear something else? It's become a bit of joke amongst some of my friends, one even said she'd love to be me because she doesn't get much male attention, but it is worrrying me. I have attached a couple of images, one to reflect the fit of the clothes which could be part of the issue, maybe? Please give your honest response because I don't want my clothes to give a message that could be misconstrued - can't I just feel pretty and try and have some confidence in my body? Thanks in advance. Sorry this is so long.

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    I think the tight clothes turn on these weridoes, certainly turned me on, but any person shouldn't approach you after you said stop. That's where the line is crossed.
    Also it doesn't help that your ass looks really nice!

Just be careful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Shouldn't have posted pics if you wanted helpful responses.

As someone mentioned above, be on the phone or pretend to be on the phone if you are worried. Try not to worry too much about your clothes, you change - they win. People will be harassed regardless of what they are wearing. Just make sure you aren't putting yourself in dangerous situations e.g. Out alone at night etc.
    Yeah that was probably a stupid move on my part.

Thank you for the helpful advice

ReputationRep:
    LOL that is one tight dress! The more your in shape the more likely you are to attract attention. Unless you walk around rapped in a duvet cover then no guys will be able to tell if your in shape or not!

ReputationRep:
    dat ass tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophsha)
    dat ass tho.
    My thoughts exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice_95)
    Yeah that was probably a stupid move on my part.

Thank you for the helpful advice
    "People will be harassed regardless of what they are wearing " I'm sorry but that is not 100% true as you can clearly see your ass has turned on the majoirty of tsr, I guarantee if you were in a burkha they wouldn't be turned on and probably avoid you even more, or loose clothing. This isn't rocket science, put a hot girl in a hot tight dress, its bound to make emotions flair. I'm not saying don't wear it, i'm just saying the connection is 100% and if you really feel threatened regardless of being on your phone then, just think of wearing looser clothes.

ReputationRep:
    tbh, if you have problem like that, the best place to go seek advice is a police station, not studentroom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashTimeFool)
    tbh, if you have problem like that, the best place to go seek advice is a police station, not studentroom
    Yes and report the pervert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    In b4 guy who ignores the first definition he comes along as that doesn't support his usage of the word.
    Words/phrases can have multiple meanings/definitions, "white knight" has multiple definitions. Therefore, I chose the defintion which applied to the situation which I used it in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Nope. White Knights rescue maidens in distress from internet jerks.

@OP there's nothing wrong with wearing those clothes.
    There are multiple definitions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    There are multiple definitions.
    It's based off the fairy tale stories. The White Knight rescues a maiden in distress. That's what it is based off. It's not my fault morons use as a way to ridicule guys that aren't blatantly sexist on the internet

You say "actually feminism isn't inherently evil" or "maybe it isn't the womens fault when she gets touched up or leered at when in an attractive outfit" and you get called a white knight for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    "People will be harassed regardless of what they are wearing " I'm sorry but that is not 100% true as you can clearly see your ass has turned on the majoirty of tsr, I guarantee if you were in a burkha they wouldn't be turned on and probably avoid you even more, or loose clothing. This isn't rocket science, put a hot girl in a hot tight dress, its bound to make emotions flair. I'm not saying don't wear it, i'm just saying the connection is 100% and if you really feel threatened regardless of being on your phone then, just think of wearing looser clothes.
    Are you advocating all women should wear the burkha?

What is your position of the bhurka by the way?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.