Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fed up with people putting me down all the time Watch

ReputationRep:
    Let me start off by saying that I'm probably the most shiest person in existence. At dinner parties, I'd never say a word because I felt that the other people were having their own private conversation and I'd be interrupting them then they'd look at me like i'm some sort of weird alien hybrid. And then I've also never been confident. People always called me Rudolph cause my nose turns red when it's cold outside and anorexic cause I've always been skinny (and I am not anorexic, I could never go a day without food) and then everyone says I'm too pale and start asking me if I'm suffering from a terminal disease. The thing is, people just never get enough. When you feel like you're going somewhere in life, there's always going to be someone to put you down. Life is never going to be perfect, but you can try and make it a hell of a lot better

What I've learned is that when you're feeling nervous or shy, just shut down the part in your head that's screaming at your confidence, and put on a smile and go for it, whatever it may be. And if you feel better away from you're family, then don't feel guilty or anything. They made you feel like that! It's their fault, not yours!

Also, don't be afraid to call out on your sister, I know it's hard, but you have to try. You gave her money to buy a car? How kind of you--but she's only 18, she can get her own frigging money. I'm almost 18 and if I wanted a car I'd have to work hella hard for one. Tell her to sit her ass down and listen to you! It takes time, but it will all work out!! And btw, you've seriously been called fat? Like the heck, you should see some people here in Canada lol. You. are. not. fat. Don't ever think that and even if you're slightly overweight, it's not the end of the world. You've lost weight before, you can do it again. I believe in you!!!
    Best of luck!!!!!!! oh and cute cat I've always wanted one but I got four dogs and let's just say it would not be a pretty picture. Give her a hug for me!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by delia96)
    Let me start off by saying that I'm probably the most shiest person in existence. At dinner parties, I'd never say a word because I felt that the other people were having their own private conversation and I'd be interrupting them then they'd look at me like i'm some sort of weird alien hybrid. And then I've also never been confident. People always called me Rudolph cause my nose turns red when it's cold outside and anorexic cause I've always been skinny (and I am not anorexic, I could never go a day without food) and then everyone says I'm too pale and start asking me if I'm suffering from a terminal disease. The thing is, people just never get enough. When you feel like you're going somewhere in life, there's always going to be someone to put you down. Life is never going to be perfect, but you can try and make it a hell of a lot better

What I've learned is that when you're feeling nervous or shy, just shut down the part in your head that's screaming at your confidence, and put on a smile and go for it, whatever it may be. And if you feel better away from you're family, then don't feel guilty or anything. They made you feel like that! It's their fault, not yours!

Also, don't be afraid to call out on your sister, I know it's hard, but you have to try. You gave her money to buy a car? How kind of you--but she's only 18, she can get her own frigging money. I'm almost 18 and if I wanted a car I'd have to work hella hard for one. Tell her to sit her ass down and listen to you! It takes time, but it will all work out!! And btw, you've seriously been called fat? Like the heck, you should see some people here in Canada lol. You. are. not. fat. Don't ever think that and even if you're slightly overweight, it's not the end of the world. You've lost weight before, you can do it again. I believe in you!!!
    Best of luck!!!!!!! oh and cute cat I've always wanted one but I got four dogs and let's just say it would not be a pretty picture. Give her a hug for me!!!!!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Fake it till you make it, mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    Yeah you really do need to start standing up for yourself. I have lent my sister a lot of money as he has just finished Uni and wanted is looking for work, if she spoke to me the way your sister apparently speaks to you she wouldn't get anything.
    Also wtf you are like really good looking man (no homo.)
    Yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2scotty)
    Thank you. I do need to stand up for myself! I'm just worried people will think of me in a bad way if I suddenly go from "yes Miss" to "no, actually..." etc.

This is me... The cat doesn't look too happy but at least she doesn't put me down...

Off topic but you're quite cute!

ReputationRep:
    The problem with being put down a lot is the loss of confidence that it gives. I found that the best thing to do was giving yourself some distance from whatever's putting you down.

It's all about having the confidence to be able to speak out. By the way, how could anyone think you're unattractive? Plus, lovely cat :3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.