The Student Room Group

My friend is having her keg amputated how on earth do I help her?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
That's hardly in the spirit of things.

I'm not sure if that's a pun on "spirits" or not
Original post by StrangeBanana
I'm not sure if that's a pun on "spirits" or not

Just the tip of the carlsberg.
Be sure to maintain good communications with the doctor to rid her of any doubts she Fosters. Amstel trying to think of advice, but in the meantime she probably wont want to be lonely so dont Leffe.. and if you do, just return with a cheese pizza. With pePeroni if she likes meat, that'll strike off any Red Stripes against your name for sure Bud, Wiser to just be there for her though if youre unsure.
Original post by Drewski
Just the tip of the carlsberg.

I don't think I'm old enough to be qualified for this sort of banter :lol:
Original post by Reece Sure
Be sure to maintain good communications with the doctor to rid her of any doubts she Fosters. Amstel trying to think of advice, but in the meantime she probably wont want to be lonely so dont Leffe.. and if you do, just return with a cheese pizza. With pePeroni if she likes meat, that'll strike off any Red Stripes against your name for sure Bud, Wiser to just be there for her though if youre unsure.

Good callImageUploadedByStudent Room1405550461.986037.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StrangeBanana
I don't think I'm old enough to be qualified for this sort of banter :lol:

Well, I'm just an Old Peculiar

Yes, and if she gets Desperados and starts getting angry, you can make sure your reputation is still Stella by being aTennentive. Don't be a Black Sheep and ignore her, the Becks thing you can do is have a lot of Courage, and look out for one an Otter.
Ask her if she is going to be arrrgh right.
There is a real Artois this pun malarky.
Try donating a pint?
you're all mocking a Firkin serious problem....

being the Butt of this must be unbeerable

a Holt's must be called

I can Barley believe it

etc...
Reply 31
I could see trouble brewing from the first reply...
i can't beerlieve these replies, so insensitive.

(so awful)
One thing your friend may have to prepare for is a "phantom limb"

Although the limb is no longer there, the nerve endings at the site of the amputation continue to send pain signals to the brain that make the brain think the limb is still there. Sometimes, the brain memory of pain is retained and is interpreted as pain, regardless of signals from injured nerves.

In addition to pain in the phantom limb, some people experience other sensations such as tingling, cramping, heat, and cold in the portion of the limb that was removed. Any sensation that the limb could have experienced prior to the amputation may be experienced in the amputated phantom limb.

But just be sure to let her know that it's not real. The pain is not real. It's fake. It could even be described as a Champagne!
Just be gintle

Edit: am I doing it right?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by e aí rapaz
One thing your friend may have to prepare for is a "phantom limb"

Although the limb is no longer there, the nerve endings at the site of the amputation continue to send pain signals to the brain that make the brain think the limb is still there. Sometimes, the brain memory of pain is retained and is interpreted as pain, regardless of signals from injured nerves.

In addition to pain in the phantom limb, some people experience other sensations such as tingling, cramping, heat, and cold in the portion of the limb that was removed. Any sensation that the limb could have experienced prior to the amputation may be experienced in the amputated phantom limb.

But just be sure to let her know that it's not real. The pain is not real. It's fake. It could even be described as a Champagne!

I thought you were going to ruin it but the last part made me howl. Well done

life pls
I don't get it...
Reply 38
Lol at her for having only one keg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Let it ferment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending