Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes i have been accepted onto course. Havent heard anything so far about the enrolement, hopefully after new year. You looking forwars to getting started? Which course are you starting?

ReputationRep:
    I am taking MLitt in Viking Studies. I was a tad confused about how to register for classes. I registered for ''Celts and Vikings in Contact." I haven't heard a word from anyone since my unconditional offer. However, I think that is mainly because of the holiday.

This seems like a very solid program, with great instructors and such.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, it's great to see another Viking
    I have done everything via email so far but finally managed to get onto the Virtual Learning Environment. I have selected some modules (the Gender one, the Celts and Vikings in contact and the Creative Writing one) but haven't heard back yet. It's about time something happens, only one week left till everything starts.
    I'm not sure yet how often I will be able to participate in lectures as I have a fairly chaotic work schedule at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Hey someone here who study at Perth this September ? Would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adderlink)
    Hmm i'm the same, was starting to get a little worried seeing as the course starts in a month and so far have only had a letter from ucas confirming my place! Going to be studying BSc Psychology, you?
    Hi
    I'm going to be studying Psychology at UHI, too.
    Could you please write down your experience you had there? I'm really anxious!
    How often do you meet in person with the lecturers? Are the exams online?
    Sorry, but the admissions wont answer me to these questions:/

Emma

ReputationRep:
    Hi, anyone doing Oral Health science in 2015 in Stornoway? Or maybe any current students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckycharm13)
    Hi
    I'm going to be studying Psychology at UHI, too.
    Could you please write down your experience you had there? I'm really anxious!
    How often do you meet in person with the lecturers? Are the exams online?
    Sorry, but the admissions wont answer me to these questions:/

Emma
    Hi Emma,
    I started last September (although I'm now transferring for starting this September coming).

Generally you meet at induction (3days at the start of term), then there is a two day thing in October (it's not compulsory and truthfully it's a waste of time, as they are not allowed/supposed to teach you anything you are studying that semester-they may be changing that to a compulsory attendance though,- I could only manage the Saturday) You then again you meet up with everyone, from all of the campuses doing psychology, in the compulsory week at Inverness in March- if you do not attend you basically will not pass - a girl is now doing the course although at the end of the four years she will not be recognised by the BPS (or something along they lines) but the week was quite fun.
    Some people from Perth met up every Tuesday and studied throughout the year, but apart from that you are on your own. There are lots of discussion/ video chats online. And tutors are more than happy to help whenever I've had a question.

My PAT offered weekly drop in sessions, phone calls, or emails - depending on which is best for the student. So it's up to you how much contact you want with them.

I highly recommend getting to know people at induction- we started our own Facebook page for our little group. Seven of us from Perth ended up sharing an apartment in Inverness for the week.

Exam wise for first year depends on what modules you take. You will have one sit in exam where you will need to go into the college to sit it (Foundations of research- it's a core module in semester 1). But the rest of them you will just submit online.

In semester two there is a timed, open book, exam you can do anywhere you wish. As far as I'm aware all other modules are submitted online. Module descriptions should tell you when you look into the different modules though.

I do hope at least some of this answers your questions- sorry I did ramble on a bit haha. If you have anymore just ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Going to be starting out on BA(Hons) Theological Studies in Sept . Anyone else out there doing the same ?

ReputationRep:
    Gonna be doing Engineering Systems HNC in September at Perth. UHI needs a subforum!

ReputationRep:
    Any other newbies? I'm in my seconds semester now and enjoying it a lot. The way of studying fits around my freelancing projects perfectly fine and the teachers and staff are incredibly helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Hello I know this is old post but has anyone got offers from UHI? I know i only sent my UCAS application little over a week ago and im international.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I currently am in my 2nd year at Lews Castle College UHI. I'm currently studying NQ Multimedia, previously studied NQ Administration and IT and next year will study HNC Administration.

I'm also a Class Representative for my class. I go to several meetings each month. I'm willing to help any new people coming to the UHI.

If you require any help from myself you can contact me on [email protected].

Joshua

ReputationRep:
    Hi kkoni,
    as it is Ucas, I figure it's for undergraduate study? What course/which location are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its undergraduate and im applying to Moray College to study Interactive Media and Computing. Still waiting for offers

ReputationRep:
    I see, unfortunately I can't tell you anything on undergrad offers since I did my BA somewhere else. But I would think they take longer than my postgrad offer (which took about two weeks) because it all has to go through the Ucas system, so I guess there's nothing to worry about if it's only a bit more than a week since you sent the application.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for the Horticulture course but not heard back yet,I hope they don't make the wait long..

ReputationRep:
    I know this is really old post but has anyone got offers from UHI? Im still waiting but i only sent my application little over a week ago and im also international.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monstera)
    I've applied for the Horticulture course but not heard back yet,I hope they don't make the wait long..

Yeah i have not heard back either. I got an conditional offer from edinbourgh napier uni but havent got anything from UHI. What college did u apply like Perth, Moray or some other?

ReputationRep:
    Argyll I think,not many places in Scotland offer the couse I want to do so I've just applied to all the unis that offer it. Whst course have you applied for?
    I recieved an email from UHI stating that if the application was recieved before the 28th of Febuary then you will recieve a descion by the 30th of April :-)

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Perth UHI a week before the january deadline. I'm an international student (from Holland), currently in my last year of high school (VWO, highest level here). Got an unconditional offer without having to send my grades, except for my 8.0 for IELTS.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.