Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is porridge a winter breakfast? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Jam is good. PB is different but awesome. Now i have the ultimate breakfast of idea of a PB &J porridge but i'm not sure...

Post back with pictures and a description of how awesome it is!
    haha okay!! will do

btw is it too late for me to claim my prize?

ReputationRep:
    Winter breakfast

But if I want it I'll eat it whenever. Also I tend to have it cold as the seasons get warmer. Cold readybrek is lovely!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, eat it whenever you want. Can't beat a hot bowl of porridge on cold winter mornings but it's the kind of thing you can eat all year round. As other people have said, it's not like the breakfast police are gonna break your door down and arrest you for eating porridge in summer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Jam is good. PB is different but awesome. Now i have the ultimate breakfast of idea of a PB &J porridge but i'm not sure...

Post back with pictures and a description of how awesome it is!
    I have pics!!

I know it doesn't look like much (I've never been a stickler for presentation), but it tastes much better than it looks. Peanut butter with oats...genius! Who'd have thunk it! I also put in some honey and cinnamon (then I got carried away and added some whipped cream, second pic). It was very delicious, I'm happy to report that peanut butter and oats definitely go together beautifully. Thanks for the idea! Will continue to make oats this way from now on.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Porridge? I eat it almost every day( sometimes i habe pancakes or just fruit and cottage cheese). In summer i usually make overnigth porridge and add various things to make it tasty. It's so filling!

ReputationRep:
    Over the last couple of years it seems to have become an all-year breakfast choice for many, and for people who buy breakfast on arrival at work, the main breakfast cafes/chains have marketed it as such.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Tried the peanut butter with porridge, wasn't a fan sadly :sad:

ReputationRep:
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAT a winter breakfast? this is an outrage.
    is there such a thing as seasonal breakfast? I THINK NOT.

I have porridge almost everyday, if not at least 6 days a week. I find it to be very healthy and delicious.
    Nutritional facts : Not only it's got healthy and slow release carbs, it also has sufficient amount of protein to keep you full and stop you from eating too much.
    I started bodybuilding 2 years ago and since then i have tried to eat healthy and nutritional ( the only supplement i take is BCAA which is just amino acids to help absorb protein ), and i train mostly in the mornings( an hour after breakfast) and trust me when I tell you that that one bowl of porridge keeps me going for almost 2 hours in the gym and if I dont eat anything afterwards it can still keep me going for another 2-3 hours. and for those people saying that's not enough, well F**k you, i dont need your approval and FYI i have gained 14 kg since started lifting.

Another thing, eat what you feel like, if you think porridge is good for you then don't listen to other people and don't try to change your lifestyle to meet their standards. **** them.:hat2:

ReputationRep:
    I've never thought of it as a winter breakfast, just an all rounder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    Tried the peanut butter with porridge, wasn't a fan sadly :sad:
    :eek: Why not? It's awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I usually have porridge every day for breakfast, so no, I don't think it's just for winter

ReputationRep:
    I prefer noodles

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.