Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why I, as a Muslim, am launching a campaign to ban the burka in Britain Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Except it is.

You are not arrested for public nudity.

You are arrested if you use nudity " to harass, alarm or distress others" And etc.
    Semantics really, while public nudity is not the crime you would be charged for, it pretty much is a crime. It's sort of similar to smoking cannabis not being illegal but possessing it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    Classic. A Muslim disagrees with your version of Islam so he's not a true Muslim.

And, pray tell, what does a Muslim look like?
    Haha yeah sorry that was a bit over-the-top from me, but regardless, my version of Islam? He has he facts wrong, to say something isn't part of Islam when it's clearly is, it's just ridiculous.

If I want someone representing Islam then I'd want someone who actually adheres to the religious etiquette, e.g beard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Semantics really, while public nudity is not the crime you would be charged for, it pretty much is a crime. It's sort of similar to smoking cannabis not being illegal but possessing it is.
    Well, you wouldn't be charged for it. As I stated before. IT depends on your intention.

That is why someone was able to stand in Trafagular Square naked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8235959.stm

It is also illegal to smoke cannabis. Even, if as a non-smoker, you allow your house to be used to smoke cannabis, you can be charged.

I suggest, you stop making things up as you go along.

ReputationRep:
    What about people who paint their faces up, all them little kiddies going to do time?

ReputationRep:
    Well, you wouldn't be charged for it. As I stated before. IT depends on your intention.

That is why someone was able to stand in Trafagular Square naked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8235959.stm

It is also illegal to smoke cannabis. Even, if as a non-smoker, you allow your house to be used to smoke cannabis, you can be charged.

I suggest, you stop making things up as you go along.
    There are odd cases of people being allowed to be naked in public sure, but as I said it is essentially illegal. There is an example of a naked rambler who was arrested doing a naked walk from Land's End to John O' Groats.

It also is not illegal to smoke cannabis, it is illegal to posses cannabis. Allowing your house to be used to consume drugs is not the same as smoking cannabis. I suggest you stop making stuff up as you go along.

ReputationRep:
    I hate religion so much.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it always spelt Koran? It's Qu'ran...

ReputationRep:
    There are odd cases of people being allowed to be naked in public sure, but as I said it is essentially illegal. There is an example of a naked rambler who was arrested doing a naked walk from Land's End to John O' Groats.

It also is not illegal to smoke cannabis, it is illegal to posses cannabis. Allowing your house to be used to consume drugs is not the same as smoking cannabis. I suggest you stop making stuff up as you go along.
    It is not essentially illegal. It is legal. The rambler was arrested for public indecency and many other reasons including contempt of court. He also eventually completed his walk because public nudity is legal.

If you smoke cannabis then you are in possession of it. IF you are naked, you are not necessarily causing distress. Your point is idiotic.

ReputationRep:
    No one i know where's a burqa , only the strict Muslims wear it.

ReputationRep:
    It is not essentially illegal. It is legal. The rambler was arrested for public indecency and many other reasons including contempt of court. He also eventually completed his walk because public nudity is legal.

If you smoke cannabis then you are in possession of it. IF you are naked, you are not necessarily causing distress. Your point is idiotic.
    His analogy is correct. You will cause alarm and distress if you're nude in the public, no doubt.
    Smoking cannabis is not illegal, but the possession is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    His analogy is correct. You will cause alarm and distress if you're nude in the public, no doubt.
    Smoking cannabis is not illegal, but the possession is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, not necessarily.

That is why this country has naked rambles, nude beaches, naked people in Trafalgar square and etc.

Smoking of Cannabis is the possession of Cannabis.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, Daily Mail be like "See! We've got brown friends too!"

ReputationRep:
    No, not necessarily.

That is why this country has naked rambles, nude beaches, naked people in Trafalgar square and etc.

Smoking of Cannabis is the possession of Cannabis.
    Fair enough, but I don't think that's what anyone is thinking of. Women don't go around in a group wearing burqas in remote places. You still cannot be nude in the same way you can wear a burqa, even if the law has not made it illegal.

It isn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Fair enough, but I don't think that's what anyone is thinking of. Women don't go around in a group wearing burqas in remote places. You still cannot be nude in the same way you can wear a burqa, even if the law has not made it illegal.

It isn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The issue is whether it causes public distress. Clearly, wearing a Burqa does not in the same way someone naked can sometimes.

Are people that prejudiced that they are advocated the use of force to make sure people are dressed in a certain way? It is completely insane

Smoking of Cannabis always requires possession. It was a terrible analogy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socktor)
    if it were up to me people would be allowed to walk around naked or wear Chewbacca masks in public for all I care.
    I often do both simultaneously, all perfectly legal.

ReputationRep:
    I never really understood the daily mail jokes until now. The average IQ of the commentors on the article is ~75.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wearing any facial covering in public should be illegal.

ReputationRep:

Exactly, he got arrested for 'public indecency' because he was naked in public.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, he got arrested for 'public indecency' because he was naked in public.
    In Scotland. They're a little odd up there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    No it isn't, you have to have the intention to cause alarm and distress.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.