Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

More than a quarter of births last year were to foreign mothers Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesabbath)
    Which would make them distinct from the 26.5% of mothers cited in the OP I suppose. Yet their children are now "Brits". So in practice it means nothing at all.
    Yes, because they were born in Britain. Therefore, the term "Brit" still retains its meaning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace123)
    It is basically treason by our own goverment on these figures Brits will be a minority in their own country in a few years trouble ahead
    I don't think you understand what a Brit is

ReputationRep:
    My dad was born to a foreign mother so it seems hypocritical for me to in any way be bothered by this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben_Dover)
    I don't think you understand what a Brit is
    Everyone understood what a Brit was in the 1950s. Now you may as well use the word "citizen", it has as much meaning. Me? I'm English. I expect the multi-kultists will work on destroying that identity next.

ReputationRep:
    Race doesn't bother me. What does bother me is culture.

Are all you pro-multi culti types saying that if thousands of people come from a country where gays are hanged and women are blamed for being raped, that in two generations these people are going to suddenly become as liberal as yourselves?

ReputationRep:
    Yes , grow and prosper oh anti white movement :cool: . Paybacks a ***** eh ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Race doesn't bother me. What does bother me is culture.

Are all you pro-multi culti types saying that if thousands of people come from a country where gays are hanged and women are blamed for being raped, that in two generations these people are going to suddenly become as liberal as yourselves?
    Based on my Asian friends, I'd say that's actually quite accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Based on my Asian friends, I'd say that's actually quite accurate.
    So do you live in a completely Asian area?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueskyblue)
    Yes , grow and prosper oh anti white movement :cool: . Paybacks a ***** eh ?
    Payback for what?

ReputationRep:
    So do you live in a completely Asian area?
    No, but the 3rd generation Asians I know tend to have views fairly similar to those of the white Brits around them (i.e. they vary a lot, but are not overall more socially conservative).

ReputationRep:
    Payback for what?
    raping 2/3 of the world ? I was actually kidding so lets not get serious.

I think if people are willing to assimilate into Britains culture and norms then diversification isn't neccesarily a bad thing , foreigners bring business and boost the economy (obviously cant be said for all of them) .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    No, but the 3rd generation Asians I know tend to have views fairly similar to those of the white Brits around them (i.e. they vary a lot, but are not overall more socially conservative).
    Yes because if we all mix and go to the same schools it's fine. The problem is the enclaves springing up round the country where essentially they live like they're still there

ReputationRep:

I think if people are willing to assimilate into Britains culture and norms then diversification isn't neccesarily a bad thing , foreigners bring business and boost the economy (obviously cant be said for all of them) .
    In the 1950s and 60s there were small amounts of immigration and people made social rules to be nice to the immigrants and anyone who was not was labelled a racist.

Now, immigration has occurred on a completely different scale. White British are the minority in London, Luton, Leicester and Slough. First it was "well there are only small numbers" in the 50s, then it was "don't worry they will assimilate", then when it was clear that they would not assimilate it became multiculturalism. Then when the picture started changing and white British started becoming minorities in cities and it became clear what multiculturalism was it became "celebrate diversity".

So at what point are we supposed to celebrate diversity till? Till we are 60%, till we are 40%, 20%? 5%?

ReputationRep:

Yeah i was gonna say, I mean if we use that logic, until the number of dead Palestinians reaches 6,000,000, then Israel is just getting righteous retribution for their support of Hitler...

ReputationRep:
    There are 55 million brits out of over 65 million inhabitants. Many are also white other.

ReputationRep:
    Britain is the last nation to complain about multiculturalism. What did we do when we colonised and took power of countries like India, Kenya, Uganda, the US, Australia, New Zealand...and that's just naming a few!
    Before starting such an ignorant thread, go study the history of the British colony. Britain already influenced the migration of people from India, East Africa, the West Indies, etc well before this century through being a colony.
    You are complaining about a very small percentage of the entire UK population.

ReputationRep:
    In the 1950s and 60s there were small amounts of immigration and people made social rules to be nice to the immigrants and anyone who was not was labelled a racist.
    You think being an immigrant was nice in the 50s and 60s? The ideas of multiculturalism are very much a 70s invention.

ReputationRep:
    The UK's population replacement program continues unabated:
    I wouldn't call it replacement, it's more that the percentage of ethnic minorities has shot up and the rate of increase is beyond ridiculous. It's going to be interesting watching this become unsustainable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Castro Saint)
    Who cares man... people are still in that mindset that white people are better than people with darker skin. Get over it, things have changed. We live in a multicultural society now and I for one enjoy mixing and learning with other cultures.

EDIT: And you're buying in to this whole "it's getting overpopulated we're gonna be the minority" bull****... hilarious.
    No we don't.
    We live in a largely segregated society.

If the b/s notion of "multiculturalism" actually existed there'd be a mix of people in mostly every area. The fact is people tend to live in little pockets with others who's beliefs and ideals are by and large the same.

ReputationRep:
    35% is most likely not a minority. There are so many ethnicities, that over 1/3 can still be a majority. Please can we have the figures for other ethnicities?

p.s. I do not give a single **** if white British dies out as an ethnicity. I am not my skin colour, no more than any other minority. ****sake.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.