Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think we have to apply through ucas again and they stop taking applications in January, so I'll have to make my mind up soon!

ReputationRep:
    Ah fairs, yeah better get deciding haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soxtrot)
    Haha im a "mature student" im going to be the oldest arnt I lol. Im 26 ! Will have to dust the cobwebs off my brain
    I'm 23 but will be 24 by the time the course starts! So I'm not too much younger than you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TessyWessy)
    Hi, slightly mature student myself I'm 23, I haven't heard anything from the uni since I received my offer. Are any of you from Plymouth? I think the start date is the 22nd September.
    Hey I'm 23 and starting extended science in September too! I'm from Buckinghamshire so really far away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brionyybeee)
    I'm 23 but will be 24 by the time the course starts! So I'm not too much younger than you
    Haha I feel a bit better now, hello to you too then!
    Are you going to be staying in halls then? What would you like to study after?
    bucks is a fair drive but not too bad, you will love it here

ReputationRep:
    Hey, that is a bit of a journey to get to Plymouth, are you going to be staying in halls then?

ReputationRep:
    No I'm hoping to find a shared house rather than living in halls, it would be cool to live with other mature students starting this September. Where are you guys going to be living?

ReputationRep:
    It will probably be full of young people in halls, I already live in Plymouth so I'll just stay living at home. It might be difficult to find shared accommodation this close to September.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be living in halls and if you live close anyway it shouldn't be too bad commuting to the uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, just turning 27 and starting extended science in September too, feel a lot better now though knowing I'm not the only oldie haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onestep)
    Hey all, just turning 27 and starting extended science in September too, feel a lot better now though knowing I'm not the only oldie haha.
    Haha, Hi! What degree do you want to progress onto after?

And also which 2 sciences is everyone picking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No I'm hoping to find a shared house rather than living in halls, it would be cool to live with other mature students starting this September. Where are you guys going to be living?
    Me too, I'm still looking at the moment but there are a few places going
    around Mutley. One of them won't charge a deposit if three people apply together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeyBag)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, well after I sort out my walking stick, pension and get me a old yeller dog, I think I might move onto Environmental Science.

And Probably Bio/Chem.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, well after I sort out my walking stick, pension and get me a old yeller dog, I think I might move onto Environmental Science.

And Probably Bio/Chem.

What about you?
    Haha you're not that bloody old :P and ah I wanna so Enviro Science too and Physics/Chem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeyBag)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm picking biology and chemistry, I think I want to go on to biology or environmental biology aftwerwards but I'm not completely decided yet.

ReputationRep:
    Me too, I'm still looking at the moment but there are a few places going
    around Mutley. One of them won't charge a deposit if three people apply together.
    Mutley is where I'm looking, my friend who went to Plymouth university a few years ago said it's ok there and it's close to the campus. I've found a few places I like on spareroom just worried who I'll end up living with as I want a sociable house

ReputationRep:
    Mutley is where I'm looking, my friend who went to Plymouth university a few years ago said it's ok there and it's close to the campus. I've found a few places I like on spareroom just worried who I'll end up living with as I want a sociable house
    Yea there is always that risk, I think alot of people tend to move house again after the first year due to that reason. I guess all you can do is hope or move in with friends.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to pick Biology and Chemistry, Mutley is the most popular place for students it's right next to the uni and town

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I wont be the only OAP! Haha. I live in plymouth so its just a bus journey for me.
    Will probably pick Biology and Chemistry... Although Physics would probably suit what I want to do more.
    Yes if you get a shared house up Mutley or North hill you will be close to campus and nightlife. The room sizes are usually fairly decent as they are mostly old victorian houses converted into student lets.
    Onestep your 2 months older than me its a small victory but im taking it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TessyWessy)
    It will probably be full of young people in halls, I already live in Plymouth so I'll just stay living at home. It might be difficult to find shared accommodation this close to September.

I also live at home here in plymouth - I was hoping to drive in but i think i'm being a bit naive, there was only like 3 parking spaces!
    Its been a while since I caught a bus, i guess im going to have to work out the timetable
    Are you able to walk in?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.