Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your fav Tv Show, your guilty pleasure? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieDS)
    Why are people calling programs like Breaking Bad/Dexter/24/Lost a guilty pleasure?

Think a lot of people need to look up the definition. "Something, such as a film, television programme, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard."

The majority of the programs people are listing are critically acclaimed multiple award winning programs lol.
    Critically acclaimed...yeah...no. Breaking Bad sucks. Dexter sucks. I don't care about general consensus, I don't care what the critics say, I don't care about the opinions of the masses. I refuse to jump on the bandwagon like the rest of the sheep. These shows are absolute garbage!! However, I really enjoyed watching Dexter and Breaking Bad, I must admit that. Therefore, for me, they are guilty pleasures.

ReputationRep:
    brilliant is it the uk office or us office ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala121)
    Oh gosh I love devious maids its amazing!!! I loved the first season and the 2nd its just getting better and better

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I love it too :five: this season has actually been amazing and the first was so good too :yep:

ReputationRep:
    My favourites are Supernatural and The Middle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    Critically acclaimed...yeah...no. Breaking Bad sucks. Dexter sucks. I don't care about general consensus, I don't care what the critics say, I don't care about the opinions of the masses. I refuse to jump on the bandwagon like the rest of the sheep. These shows are absolute garbage!! However, I really enjoyed watching Dexter and Breaking Bad, I must admit that. Therefore, for me, they are guilty pleasures.
    It's nothing to do with general consensus or social popularity so I don't really know why you're on about a bandwagon and being a sheep. High regard means critically acclaimed/multiple award winning. So your guilty pleasure would be something which has no recognition and win any awards but you still enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    It is whatever you want it to be, your personal opinion.

Having said that peoples opinions count for nothing these days... do they?

ReputationRep:
    My favourites are:
    Archer
    Arrow
    Game Of Thrones
    In The Flesh
    Modern Family
    New Girl
    Parks and Recreation
    Sirens
    Sleepy Hollow
    Supernatural
    TBBT
    The Crazy Ones
    Yeah I know I watch a lot of TV

ReputationRep:
    Family Guy, absolutely love it!

ReputationRep:
    Community (apart from the fifth season), Big Bang Theory, and Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jord089)
    What TV show couldn't you live without.

Mine is the big bang theory it is amazing
    Walking dead/ Game of thrones.

ReputationRep:
    Fav show- Suits, atm. Also,I've been loving masterchef australia recently. Quite random, i know but not a guilty please cause i think its actually pretty good.

Guilty pleasure- Teen Wolf. I CANNOT STOP WATCHING IT! Why? Idek! Its rubbish that show but I love it :/ love Stiles too, my love for him is legit though. No shame there.

ReputationRep:
    My guilty pleasure if jeremy kyle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squirb)
    Guilty pleasure is Teen Wolf lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You and me both girl :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayesha2112)
    You and me both girl :/
    But I'm a boy :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilyghz)
    Bob's Burgers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Best...show...ever I'm watching it right now :O

ReputationRep:
    Game of Thrones
    American Dad
    Family Guy

I don't watch TV really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jord089)
    What TV show couldn't you live without.

Mine is the big bang theory it is amazing
    My guilty pleasure TV shows would have to be : Primeval, Sg-1, battlestar galactica, x-files and teen mom. Actually teen mom is probably my guiltiest, the looks my mother gave when she walked in the living room, haha. I think it actually put me off kids. Good fun to watch though.

ReputationRep:
    I may get rejected by the whole community for saying this. I also bet nobody else is a fan... Eurovision.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Castle or Rizzoli & Isles

Bring on the next series!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...my favourites are: Game of Thrones, True Blood, The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory and Parks and Recreation. The first two are definitely right at the top though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.