The Student Room Group

What is your fav Tv Show, your guilty pleasure?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by OllieDS
Why are people calling programs like Breaking Bad/Dexter/24/Lost a guilty pleasure?

Think a lot of people need to look up the definition. "Something, such as a film, television programme, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard."

The majority of the programs people are listing are critically acclaimed multiple award winning programs lol.

Critically acclaimed...yeah...no. Breaking Bad sucks. Dexter sucks. I don't care about general consensus, I don't care what the critics say, I don't care about the opinions of the masses. I refuse to jump on the bandwagon like the rest of the sheep. These shows are absolute garbage!! However, I really enjoyed watching Dexter and Breaking Bad, I must admit that. Therefore, for me, they are guilty pleasures.
Reply 21
brilliant is it the uk office or us office ?
Original post by lala121
Oh gosh I love devious maids :smile: its amazing!!! I loved the first season and the 2nd its just getting better and better :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love it too :five: this season has actually been amazing and the first was so good too :yep:
My favourites are Supernatural and The Middle :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Stinkum
Critically acclaimed...yeah...no. Breaking Bad sucks. Dexter sucks. I don't care about general consensus, I don't care what the critics say, I don't care about the opinions of the masses. I refuse to jump on the bandwagon like the rest of the sheep. These shows are absolute garbage!! However, I really enjoyed watching Dexter and Breaking Bad, I must admit that. Therefore, for me, they are guilty pleasures.

It's nothing to do with general consensus or social popularity so I don't really know why you're on about a bandwagon and being a sheep. High regard means critically acclaimed/multiple award winning. So your guilty pleasure would be something which has no recognition and win any awards but you still enjoy it.
Reply 25
It is whatever you want it to be, your personal opinion.

Having said that peoples opinions count for nothing these days... do they?
My favourites are:
Archer
Arrow
Game Of Thrones
In The Flesh
Modern Family
New Girl
Parks and Recreation
Sirens
Sleepy Hollow
Supernatural
TBBT
The Crazy Ones
Yeah I know I watch a lot of TV:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 27
Family Guy, absolutely love it!
Community (apart from the fifth season), Big Bang Theory, and Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
Original post by jord089
What TV show couldn't you live without.

Mine is the big bang theory it is amazing :biggrin:

Walking dead/ Game of thrones.
Fav show- Suits, atm. Also,I've been loving masterchef australia recently. Quite random, i know but not a guilty please cause i think its actually pretty good.

Guilty pleasure- Teen Wolf. I CANNOT STOP WATCHING IT! Why? Idek! Its rubbish that show but I love it :/ love Stiles too, my love for him is legit though. No shame there.
(edited 9 years ago)
My guilty pleasure if jeremy kyle
Original post by Squirb
Guilty pleasure is Teen Wolf lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

You and me both girl :/
Reply 33
Original post by ayesha2112
You and me both girl :/

But I'm a boy :/
Reply 34
Original post by Lilyghz

Best...show...ever I'm watching it right now :O
Game of Thrones
American Dad
Family Guy

I don't watch TV really.
Reply 36
Original post by jord089
What TV show couldn't you live without.

Mine is the big bang theory it is amazing :biggrin:

My guilty pleasure TV shows would have to be : Primeval, Sg-1, battlestar galactica, x-files and teen mom. Actually teen mom is probably my guiltiest, the looks my mother gave when she walked in the living room, haha. I think it actually put me off kids. Good fun to watch though.
I may get rejected by the whole community for saying this. I also bet nobody else is a fan... Eurovision.
Castle or Rizzoli & Isles

Bring on the next series! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm...my favourites are: Game of Thrones, True Blood, The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory and Parks and Recreation. The first two are definitely right at the top though

Quick Reply

Latest