The Student Room Group

If you saw someone being raped, what do you think is more important?

Scroll to see replies

I'd probably call out so it brought the attention of others and they could aid the person and run after the rapist, probably call the police whilst running - either way that person would have some help from one person or another.
I'd chase the rapist a certain distance, and if I hadn't caught them after that distance, I'd go back to the victim. However if the one been raped was a man. I would still carry on pursuing the rapist because a man is more likely to better deal with the event than a women. Therefore it would be in everybody's best interest to catch the rapist and stop them from doing it again before they are caught.
Original post by David B
I'd chase the rapist a certain distance, and if I hadn't caught them after that distance, I'd go back to the victim. However if the one been raped was a man. I would still carry on pursuing the rapist because a man is more likely to better deal with the event than a women. Therefore it would be in everybody's best interest to catch the rapist and stop them from doing it again before they are caught.

Really?

I'd be pretty traumatised if some dude was forcing his dick up my ass.
Original post by King Leonidas
Really?

I'd be pretty traumatised if some dude was forcing his dick up my ass.

Yeah anyone would be but, a man would be able to deal with it better than a women.
Original post by Joshale
When you see someone being raped, whether that's female or male and presumably you approach to get rid of the rapist, would you run after him/her to capture them for the police before assisting the person? or would you assist the person who has just been raped first, but the person gets away?

I had a debate with a friend, and he think's you should assist the person first, because of the traumatising experience, but I don't, this means that the vulgar rapist can get away more easily.

I'm pretty small and can't run very fast for long, so even if by some miracle I caught the rapist I'd probably end up raped myself... So I'd stay with the victim and make sure there were no injuries, wounds, shock etc
Original post by David B
Yeah anyone would be but, a man would be able to deal with it better than a women.

That's rubbish... If anything women would 'cope better' because we grow up being told we could get raped, no one tells that to guys.
Original post by cah846
That's rubbish... If anything women would 'cope better' because we grow up being told we could get raped, no one tells that to guys.

Women get told they could be raped?

Teacher/Parents/Friends: You know, one day you could get raped.
Student/Daughter/Girl: Don't worry I get told this all the time. I'm prepared.

Been told something might happen, doesn't necessarily mean you are going to be able to cope with it.
I'd continue walking and mind my own business. I don't want to associate with that kind of behaviour.
Original post by David B

Been told something might happen, doesn't necessarily mean you are going to be able to cope with it.

But what makes you think a man would be able to deal with it better?
Original post by David B

And just because you have a penis, doesn't necessarily mean you can cope with anything better than a woman can. Remember the anus is a much smaller opening, the vagina is at least designed to stretch, men will experience as much if not more pain than women.
Both are equally important. However I believe the rapist should be given a taste of their own medicine first.

Rape is truly disgusting, and a possible jail sentence wouldn't be enough to compensate for the emotional feelings the victim is going through.
(edited 9 years ago)
If im alone -
Call police
Im not particularity strong so i'd try and get a picture of his/her face and failing that at least get a pic of their clothes, then i'd drop kick the attacker and so rage mode, groin kicking face biting hair pulling the lot
anything to stop it
Then if im NOT alone
same as above just get friend to ring cops while i do berserker mode
Reply 32
Original post by Carterj09
If im alone -
Call police
Im not particularity strong so i'd try and get a picture of his/her face and failing that at least get a pic of their clothes, then i'd drop kick the attacker and so rage mode, groin kicking face biting hair pulling the lot
anything to stop it
Then if im NOT alone
same as above just get friend to ring cops while i do berserker mode

Is it bad that I want to see you do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshale
When you see someone being raped, whether that's female or male and presumably you approach to get rid of the rapist, would you run after him/her to capture them for the police before assisting the person? or would you assist the person who has just been raped first, but the person gets away?

I had a debate with a friend, and he think's you should assist the person first, because of the traumatising experience, but I don't, this means that the vulgar rapist can get away more easily.

Catching up to and ensuring he or her is apprehended (assuming you are an exceptional citizen able to resist being overcome with emotion and remain impartial.. ie not snap his **** up) is the most important factor. Official statistics suggest 97,000 people are raped a year, yet on average only 15,670 become recorded crimes and in 2012-13 there were just 2,333 convictions. To rape in this country is to get away with it, and I'm of the mind that the individual caught with his pants down (ha) is likely to proceed to repeat the act. Sorry mr/miss victim, you can be comforted not by me but rather the fact that you will likely be their last victim
Original post by Andy98
Is it bad that I want to see you do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what go rage mode? done it before, i got excluded from school
Reply 35
i would chase if i could get to him but if i'm not quick enough then i would just stay and comfort the victim.
I would take out my phone and start filming it.
Original post by Joshale

I think your right on this, it is better for rapists to be caught, they will probably do it again, until they are.
Reply 38
Original post by Carterj09
what go rage mode? done it before, i got excluded from school

It's just the way you described it, sounds hilarious to watch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joshale

hmm im the foolish type but even so Im not sure as a weak lad top be chasing after some psycho rapist..

make sure you get a good look at him..possibly see the car he drives on in..usually these people stand out and are known to cops if you can get key features/details..

I wouldnt tackle him or anything..he could be harmed etc and Im not exactly Muhammad ali..

if he didnt run away and kept raping her obivously id step in but otherwise id just get the main details and help the victim

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending