Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I be put off with the new btec resubmission rule? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Make sure that you have a word with any lecturers that write on your front sheet... I almost got failed today because the teacher misread an answer and wrote that i got it wrong. another thing, tripple check everything, you can get failed for forgetting to label axis on graphs as well which is complete bull**** but oh well, life is hard then you die.

ReputationRep:
    yeah. dont worry about it , doing it first time brill , get over it.

I do a btec

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about anything, all you need to do is keep focusing on your brew studies and ignore the rest but do keep in mind to hand your work in before the deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AM1R)
    I will be starting the second year of my BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering in September and these rules will apply to me also which I think is unfair as I am halfway through the course and these changes will affect my final grade.

I was also told by my teachers that edexcel have introduced a rule where the teachers cannot show us the marking chart of how many pass, merit or distinction criteria we have passed. And we cannot complete assignments outside the classroom....
    Just adding a quick note that the above is not true. It was agree that all current students continuing a course would not have the new assessment rules applied to their course. The new assessment rules only apply to students enrolling on a new course from Sep 2014.

It is also untrue about teachers not being allowed to show grades and students not being allowed to work outside of the classroom. I would be interested to know who told the OP this.

ReputationRep:
    Same, our work would never get complete if we weren't allowed to do it out the classroom as we're not really in the classroom that much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.