Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it a bad thing to look older than your years ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I once posted pics here and I got ranges from 6 years younger to around 15 years older lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
    Nah still a year and a half before I'll be there haha, what posts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see you around quite a bit, so I just assumed you were older than you actually are. There aren't actually any specific posts

ReputationRep:
    there's 2 ways you can look older for a guy. One way, the 'good' way (or, just not bad at least) is if you have manly features like hairy chest/strong jawline. The bad way is if you look more aged, like lines under your eyes and forehead or receding hairline like me... >

I highly doubt at 18 you are aging so im pretty sure people mean you look older in the 'good' way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm an 18 year old guy and I'm told I look and act much older than I am , when girls find out im 18 they're usually very shocked , and it all tends to go downhill from there as I don't think older girls are willing to get with a younger guy.

When I inquire whether I look older in a good or bad way I have been told its always a good thing to look older for guys :confused: , I feel they might just be being nice though.

I've always kind of been into older girls because I find them much more attractive and mature , they're also more receptive to me whereas girls around 18 don't seem to be into me :confused:

I'm willing to send a few people pics but don't want to post on here as some people know me.
    i got told by 2, 6 year old boys that i look 35 then one of them said i looked 25 acting as if it was compliment of the year... Some women who my mum knows tells me i look much older than my actual age(16). They give me a compliment then a backhanded compliment....gets on my nerves....people my age can tell that i am around 16/17/18 category but for some reason middle age women can't. rant over

ReputationRep:
    At 18, I'd take it as a compliment - perhaps it's something to do with the way you dress and your behaviour too?
    I'm commonly mistaken for a being 23 (only just 19) and once 26 (when I was 18!). That being said, I was IDed the other day when buying a 16+ DVD in a shop the other day - go figure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    I see you around quite a bit, so I just assumed you were older than you actually are. There aren't actually any specific posts
    Ahh okay cool well nice to meet you then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
    Ahh okay cool well nice to meet you then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You too xD

Edit: I know why now! It's your dp. You look about 22 in that

ReputationRep:
    If this has a linear progression, it's going to suck so much in 10 years time.

Apparently, I look much younger than I really am. It has it's pros and cons.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone says I look way older than I really am (especially on here) and I don't like it :sad:

ReputationRep:
    defo a good thing. Them older girls

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    defo a good thing. Them older girls
    I know man , I've told ridiculous lies in the past and had pretty good results with older girls but I never really take it further because I feel a bit guilty lying about my age , once they find out im 18 it goes downhill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm an 18 year old guy and I'm told I look and act much older than I am , when girls find out im 18 they're usually very shocked , and it all tends to go downhill from there as I don't think older girls are willing to get with a younger guy.

When I inquire whether I look older in a good or bad way I have been told its always a good thing to look older for guys :confused: , I feel they might just be being nice though.

I've always kind of been into older girls because I find them much more attractive and mature , they're also more receptive to me whereas girls around 18 don't seem to be into me :confused:

I'm willing to send a few people pics but don't want to post on here as some people know me.
    Go on then.. send the picture ::cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    11 years?! Gosh, that's a lot.
    Yeah... I was 18, girl in the pub thought I was 29...

To be fair at the time I was a lot bigger than I am now, my hair was much, much longer as was my beard and she was pretty drunk :P...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.