Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

lost my Alevel certificates helllpppp!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyPerkin1993)
    Hi

The 11th so if I'm right the full 28 days will be the 7th of august
    I suspect that they will arrive in time, but I think it's a good idea to alert the university in advance. Don't spring it on them unexpectedly; keep them in the picture. Looking at the terms of the offer, it says they want proof of your qualifications, and I'm wondering if your A2 certificates alone would be enough, since the AS is obviously contained within the A2, apart from your 4th AS which you dropped. (I'm making assumptions here that you did 4 and went down to 3.) I think it's worth calling them in the morning and explaining the situation, saying you have your A2 certificates but not AS, and seeing if they are ok with that. You never know. I can't recall my sons being asked for anything other than their A2 certificates, but it does vary a bit. There have been a couple of other threads about lost certificates on here in the past couple of weeks. If you have a search, you might find some indication of how long it took other posters to get theirs, or you could ask them if the information isn't there.

ReputationRep:
    How is that even possible?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    I suspect that they will arrive in time, but I think it's a good idea to alert the university in advance. Don't spring it on them unexpectedly; keep them in the picture. Looking at the terms of the offer, it says they want proof of your qualifications, and I'm wondering if your A2 certificates alone would be enough, since the AS is obviously contained within the A2, apart from your 4th AS which you dropped. (I'm making assumptions here that you did 4 and went down to 3.) I think it's worth calling them in the morning and explaining the situation, saying you have your A2 certificates but not AS, and seeing if they are ok with that. You never know. I can't recall my sons being asked for anything other than their A2 certificates, but it does vary a bit. There have been a couple of other threads about lost certificates on here in the past couple of weeks. If you have a search, you might find some indication of how long it took other posters to get theirs, or you could ask them if the information isn't there.

hi
    I just continued two subjects which are media and sociology, but my AS are classed as one full A level, therefore equivalent to three full Alevels.
    yeah I think I'm best calling admission first and see what they can do, they have got to do something because I cant possibly be the only one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyHylian)
    How is that even possible?!
    have you got any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    hi
    I just continued two subjects which are media and sociology, but my AS are classed as one full A level, therefore equivalent to three full Alevels.
    yeah I think I'm best calling admission first and see what they can do, they have got to do something because I cant possibly be the only one.
    I see. Yes, that's your only course of action, really. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    I see. Yes, that's your only course of action, really. Good luck.
    yeah I will have a go and thank you very much, all your help is much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    yeah I will have a go and thank you very much, all your help is much appreciated
    No problem. It's what I do for a living.

ReputationRep:
    Your place will be confirmed at this university or college if you meet the conditions of this offer.

Conditions of offer

This offer is subject to you obtaining This offer is subject to you providing evidence of your qualifications to the University Admissions Unit, MX Building, Camp Street, Wolverhampton, WV1 1AD no later than 31/07/2014. The following certificate/s are required: A Levels Sociology & Media Studies AS Levels Philosophy & English Literature grade.
    Do what has been suggested about contacting your university now.

Also ask your VIth form if they will write you a letter confirming your grades. As you found, they don't have copies of your certificates but they will almost certainly still have a record of your grades. If they are kind (ask nicely and invest in a box of chocolates for the poor administrator who is doing you a favour rather than her job) they may give a letter confirming your grades. That is not a substitute for the replacement certificate but may give your university confidence to keep your place open if the replacement certificate is late. The university will then know it is only dealing with a formality and that there is no real problem about your grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)

Also ask your VIth form if they will write you a letter confirming your grades. As you found, they don't have copies of your certificates but they will almost certainly still have a record of your grades. If they are kind (ask nicely and invest in a box of chocolates for the poor administrator who is doing you a favour rather than her job) they may give a letter confirming your grades. That is not a substitute for the replacement certificate but may give your university confidence to keep your place open if the replacement certificate is late. The university will then know it is only dealing with a formality and that there is no real problem about your grades.
    A welcome suggestion, Nulli.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)

Aww Thank you that does help a lot because I would hate to loose my place at the university over some certificates

ReputationRep:
    It's been said before but I'd ring the uni. If you're uni is one where there's not an overwhelming amount of applicants and people with unconditionals/conditionals then I think they'll be pretty flexible. Ucas MIGHT be able to get in touch with the exam board and confirm the grades. Don't quote me on it though. I say that because I heard that, especially now, when students get their A-level, BTEC, access results ect, the exam board tells ucas and ucas tells the uni. It'll be alright though.

ReputationRep:
    My view on people who lose money, if they're careless enough to lose it, they didn't appreciate it which means they didn't really work for it and it isn't of value or worth to them. I don't give it back for this reason, carelessness and inappreciation.

ReputationRep:
    Not even r'hollor can help you now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KindofGood)
    My view on people who lose money, if they're careless enough to lose it, they didn't appreciate it which means they didn't really work for it and it isn't of value or worth to them. I don't give it back for this reason, carelessness and inappreciation.
    It'll cost money replacing those certificates... Twice the hit

ReputationRep:
    Hi

The 11th so if I'm right the full 28 days will be the 7th of august
    hi

just to keep you updated ive called up admission and they have said to send what I already have and when my other ones come send then off to then, but dont worry

thanks for your help and now I can relax

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.