Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Exams May-June 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    They're low but thats because the exams arent that easy... like last year, I felt they went really well, answered every question, knew everything and nope got like C/B grades. Ridiculous. It's 40-50 out of 60 for an A*
    tbh id rather have a hard exam with low grade boundaries than vice versa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelo12231)
    tbh id rather have a hard exam with low grade boundaries than vice versa
    I'd rather the opposite because then the marks are easier to attain, l.o.l.

ReputationRep:
    Even my pal who gets straight A*'s in physics said P2 was hard. Everyone thought it was awful! B2 was excellent :') x
    I didn't have an issue with any of the Bs the Ps we're difficult but I found C1 harder than C2 and C3!

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather the opposite because then the marks are easier to attain, l.o.l.
    LOL okay, but its easier to make a mistake on easy papers... You start to fly through the questions and end up making a lot of stupid mistakes :P so hard exams require more concentration so nothing can really get past you... I'd feel better that i didn't know a question because it was hard than to realise i lost marks for something i knew, purely because of mistakes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelo12231)
    LOL okay, but its easier to make a mistake on easy papers... You start to fly through the questions and end up making a lot of stupid mistakes :P so hard exams require more concentration so nothing can really get past you... I'd feel better that i didn't know a question because it was hard than to realise i lost marks for something i knew, purely because of mistakes
    Easy way to correct that: Use your head and read things over like 100 times at the end. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nellanie)
    I didn't have an issue with any of the Bs the Ps we're difficult but I found C1 harder than C2 and C3!
    C2 was simple but I made stupid mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    C2 was simple but I made stupid mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found C2 straightforward My pal did triple science and she thought, weirdly, all of the Unit 3 papers were easy as hell! Lucky.

ReputationRep:
    I found C2 straightforward My pal did triple science and she thought, weirdly, all of the Unit 3 papers were easy as hell! Lucky.
    There was a question about what happens at the other electrolyte and it was worth 4 marks but all that I could think of was like 2 positive h atoms go to the cathode. I literally could not think of another 3 marks worth

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    There was a question about what happens at the other electrolyte and it was worth 4 marks but all that I could think of was like 2 positive h atoms go to the cathode. I literally could not think of another 3 marks worth

Posted from TSR Mobile
    YES I remember that question. I was the same. Oh well, only a mark or so lost!

You know B2? What about that ridiculous question about the plants and they were in like a special container or something? They had their food and environment and so on, controlled? I hated that question.

ReputationRep:
    YES I remember that question. I was the same. Oh well, only a mark or so lost!

You know B2? What about that ridiculous question about the plants and they were in like a special container or something? They had their food and environment and so on, controlled? I hated that question.
    That one made me laugh. But for me, it wasn't as bad as the C2 one because I know I didn't do my best on C2 whereas with P2, I gave it my all

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.