Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are replica footy shirts so damn expensive? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just checked on kitbag.com, and it's 90£ there too. Quite surprised actually, seeing as though I got my last season's away shirt with a customised name from the same website for about 65 pounds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZSHNZ)
    I've just checked on kitbag.com, and it's 90£ there too. Quite surprised actually, seeing as though I got my last season's away shirt with a customised name from the same website for about 65 pounds.
    I have already explained this - you are not talking about replica shirts (i.e. manufactured for fans), you are talking about player issue shirts which is what is on Kitbag's site, that is why it is £90.

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/...9&portal=&cmp=

Nike call them 'match' shirts.

The replica aka the 'stadium' shirt doesn't look to be on there yet but when it is it will retail at about £50-55.

ReputationRep:
    supply and demand.

ReputationRep:
    A fashion plea: if you are over the age of 15, please do not don a replica or player issue football shirt unless you are playing football.

ReputationRep:
    I got a 10 year old Hartlepool United shirt for £2.50 from Oxfam. I don't know what anyone is complaining about.

ReputationRep:
    I would never waste my money on a football shirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    A fashion plea: if you are over the age of 15, please do not don a replica or player issue football shirt unless you are playing football.
    Would also include gym and holiday. The latter only applies if you're not a plastic from London with a Man U/Barca/Liverpool shirt though, see them everywhere. But otherwise yeah rep the ends, why not :cool:.

ReputationRep:
    I REALLY must buy a Klose number 11 Germany home shirt, anyone know where to get one from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Why is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    Why is that?
    In a general sense it looks stupid and juvenile. File with tracksuits and Air Max.

At the football the notion is that it makes you look like the wrong sort of fan. Most match goers will say the same, it's a well held opinion among the football supporter.

Names are the worst. Grown men with another man's name on their back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    In a general sense it looks stupid and juvenile. File with tracksuits and Air Max.

At the football the notion is that it makes you look like the wrong sort of fan. Most match goers will say the same, it's a well held opinion among the football supporter.

Names are the worst. Grown men with another man's name on their back
    Fair enough, that's your opinion. I disagree. I quite like wearing football shirts with names on the back. They look nice, and especially during the World Cup for example, I was wearing my Holland and Brazil shirts quite a lot, and I wear my Real Madrid shirt during the champions league season. I don't think it's a big deal really. I don't wear them 24/7.

And now I NEED a number 11 Klose Germany shirt. World cup winner, all time top scorer at the World Cup, and a player that I've enjoyed watching throughout the years. It's an absolutely must-have shirt!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    I am thinking of buying myself a Barcelona shirt, but they are £90!
    I thought you were a Liverpool fan? Are you CB91 in disguise?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    He's definitely not an LFC fan lol. All he does is spend his time trolling our thread!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I have already explained this - you are not talking about replica shirts (i.e. manufactured for fans), you are talking about player issue shirts which is what is on Kitbag's site, that is why it is £90.

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/...9&portal=&cmp=

Nike call them 'match' shirts.

The replica aka the 'stadium' shirt doesn't look to be on there yet but when it is it will retail at about £50-55.
    You still haven't explained the difference between stadium shirts and player shirts, apart from price.

Would a Messi player shirt fit me like it fits on Messi? I have moobs and a beer gut, does that rule me out? How are you supposed to know if Messi's shirt will fit you?

ReputationRep:
    I support LFC, yes, but Barca are my favourite team abroad, along with Ajax.

ReputationRep:
    You still haven't explained the difference between stadium shirts and player shirts, apart from price.

Would a Messi player shirt fit me like it fits on Messi? I have moobs and a beer gut, does that rule me out? How are you supposed to know if Messi's shirt will fit you?
    The player shirt is a slimmer fit and has all the "breathable technology" and stuff that they talk about.

And no, you'd look like this:

ReputationRep:
    The player shirt is a slimmer fit.

And no, you'd look like this:

I lol'ed

ReputationRep:

The player shirt is the shirt that the players wear. The stadium shiry is made from a slighlty different material, the badge is made from a different material and it may not have some logos on it. Also, I wonder if the stadium shirt has the intel logo on the INSIDE of the shirt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    The player shirt is the shirt that the players wear. The stadium shiry is made from a slighlty different material, the badge is made from a different material and it may not have some logos on it. Also, I wonder if the stadium shirt has the intel logo on the INSIDE of the shirt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seems to me that the Player Shirt is the real one then. Only chavs would buy the cheap one from JD Sports.

I might even fly to Barcelona and buy it from the official shop at the Nou Camp! And do a stadium tour at the same time. :cool:

But do the Player Shirts HAVE TO HAVE the player's name on the back? I am not sure I want Messi 10 on my back as I walk down the street...

ReputationRep:
    OP, most teams only sell replica/ stadium shirts so just buy a Barca stadium shirt. That it what I am going to do.

The cheapest I have found is on Sports Direct's website. It is 55 pounds. Unfortunately, I dont think you can put a name on it so I dont know whether I will buy it.
    I want Messi on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.