Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Higher Paper of Foundation Paper Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfah)
    Yep around 40 but maybe 50, not more than that though
    Thing is, the questions are harder
    It was like 60/70 something for the nov one.

Anyway OP, higher deffo. Foundation is cray and harder to pass in.

ReputationRep:
    If you've got some cash, I could take the paper for you and get you an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an100)
    what?
    I was very tired forgive me

I am still tired even now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    If you've got some cash, I could take the paper for you and get you an A*?
    You would be able to get the exam paper for next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjay1234)
    You would be able to get the exam paper for next year?
    No I mean like dress up as you and put on a face mask, go to your school sit the exam.

ReputationRep:
    I was very tired forgive me

I am still tired even now!
    Bumping an old thread here (well only a couple of days) but what I recommend is TRY a higher past paper. Just get one and give it a go. If you find it hard but still manage a C, do higher. If you find it hard and don't manage a C, stick with foundation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Bumping an old thread here (well only a couple of days) but what I recommend is TRY a higher past paper. Just get one and give it a go. If you find it hard but still manage a C, do higher. If you find it hard and don't manage a C, stick with foundation.
    I know somebody that wants to do a degree in Maths but they can't do percentages...

ReputationRep:
    I know somebody that wants to do a degree in Maths but they can't do percentages...
    Okay, that was completely off topic. I want to do Maths A-Level but I'm no good with surds. :dontknow:

I was just saying, do a higher past paper in your spare time and mark it, and if you do well then do higher. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, that was completely off topic. I want to do Maths A-Level but I'm no good with surds. :dontknow:

I was just saying, do a higher past paper in your spare time and mark it, and if you do well then do higher. Simples.
    I am not good with surds as well, or Quadratic Graphs, but PERCENTAGES is EASY cmon! that is EASY! Mathematics is a skill though.

Like any skill you need to practice, Cristiano Ronaldo is out training from 4am, Mathematics should be practicing from 4am as well till 4pm ^_^

3-D Trigonometry I not BAD that is higher paper world stuff I wouldn't need to worry about that in the Foundation :P

In Fact the ratio of Algebra to Number question in Foundation is 2:3 40% Algebra 60% Numbers I am more a numbers man, Algebra in the Foundation paper is easy. Algebra in the higher means a lot more effort and practice :P

GCP books are excellent especially when you get the one for YOUR exam board they are brilliant! That will be my help for the higher paper if this time next year I am confident and my mock highers are 38% (which is a C ^_-)

But don't make excuses you know PERCENTAGES ARE EASY! (Especially at Foundation)

IF ANDY MURRAY WINS 3 OUT OF 5 SETS IN A WIMBLEDON MATCH, WHAT PERCENTAGE OF SETS DID HE WIN?

And if a person that wants to do A MATHS DEGREE can't answer that then CMON!!!!! !^_^

ReputationRep:
    I am not good with surds as well, or Quadratic Graphs, but PERCENTAGES is EASY cmon! that is EASY! Mathematics is a skill though.

Like any skill you need to practice, Cristiano Ronaldo is out training from 4am, Mathematics should be practicing from 4am as well till 4pm ^_^

3-D Trigonometry I not BAD that is higher paper world stuff I wouldn't need to worry about that in the Foundation :P

In Fact the ratio of Algebra to Number question in Foundation is 2:3 40% Algebra 60% Numbers I am more a numbers man, Algebra in the Foundation paper is easy. Algebra in the higher means a lot more effort and practice :P

GCP books are excellent especially when you get the one for YOUR exam board they are brilliant! That will be my help for the higher paper if this time next year I am confident and my mock highers are 38% (which is a C ^_-)

But don't make excuses you know PERCENTAGES ARE EASY! (Especially at Foundation)

IF ANDY MURRAY WINS 3 OUT OF 5 SETS IN A WIMBLEDON MATCH, WHAT PERCENTAGE OF SETS DID HE WIN?

And if a person that wants to do A MATHS DEGREE can't answer that then CMON!!!!! !^_^
    Yes I get where you're coming at.

If you're willing to work there's nothing wrong with that. I was getting D grades in Year 10 for Maths but now I'm expecting an A grade this results day so yeah. It's always possible.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I get where you're coming at.

If you're willing to work there's nothing wrong with that. I was getting D grades in Year 10 for Maths but now I'm expecting an A grade this results day so yeah. It's always possible.
    Yes of course work work work all I want is a C I don't care B would be nice but C I would be happy with (:

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course work work work all I want is a C I don't care B would be nice but C I would be happy with (:
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Good luck
    I have the mind of LOVING MATHEMATICS I go to bed thinking Mathematics I wake up thinking Mathematics in the shower I think WOW QUADRATIC EQUATIONS DAMN!!!!!!!! My heart BEATS SINE COSINE RULES!

Gracias you too

ReputationRep:
    I have the mind of LOVING MATHEMATICS I go to bed thinking Mathematics I wake up thinking Mathematics in the shower I think WOW QUADRATIC EQUATIONS DAMN!!!!!!!! My heart BEATS SINE COSINE RULES!

Gracias you too
    LOL :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.