Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in D3 room 4 just about to pay the deposit, but I was trying to find out whether this flat's a 6 or 10 and whether it's mixed sex - does anyone happen to know?
    So excited now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT90)
    I'm in D3 room 4 just about to pay the deposit, but I was trying to find out whether this flat's a 6 or 10 and whether it's mixed sex - does anyone happen to know?
    So excited now!
    All Derwent flats are 10 person except those in G block, which are 6.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is it true that all on the ground floor are single sex? And if yes is it easy enough to mingle with other flats which are mixed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stongbow rules!)
    Hi, is it true that all on the ground floor are single sex? And if yes is it easy enough to mingle with other flats which are mixed?
    Yeah it's true and it's definitely very easy to mingle; we became good friends with an all female flat from the first day. Just make sure to go and greet the rest of your blockmates in freshers!

ReputationRep:
    We should have a TSR meet up when we get there!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for setting my mind at ease we should all have a TSR meet up! Am really looking forward to it now, and it doesnt seem too far away either

ReputationRep:
    i'm in F4 room 3, really cant wait now moving in on the sunday! there is a group on facebook just for people staying in Derwent http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9275725&ref=ts

ReputationRep:
    im in c4 room 5!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kfk1)
    im in c4 room 5!!
    ahhhhhhh no way thats my flat!!!!

I know of two other girls that will also be in our flat, feel free to PM me and I'll add you on facebook if you have it x

ReputationRep:
    how is everyone finding each other?! im yet to find one person pahaa bad timessssssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydia.Seevathean)
    how is everyone finding each other?! im yet to find one person pahaa bad timessssssss
    Have you joined the Facebook page for Derwent? I found one other person in my flat and that was only today, so don't give up hope!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apassingfeeling)
    Well E3 is definitely a flat of 10 as I've got room 9! So excited

Oooooo I'm in room 4 E3 XD hiiiii I'm doing medicine :P

ReputationRep:
    Im in D1, i guess its on the ground floor and single sex
    i was hoping for a mixed sex flat but oh well its still gonna be a great year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calivara)
    Im in D1, i guess its on the ground floor and single sex
    i was hoping for a mixed sex flat but oh well its still gonna be a great year.
    hey looks like we're flatmates!
    what you studying? got facebook?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Derwent is just for people who took gap years?

ReputationRep:
    Im in Room 8, Apartment E4 xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathaniel wheatley)
    I'm actually in room 9 unbelievable .
    Well this is slightly awkward as I have just accepted a contract for room 9 in flat B4 :confused:
    Is you room definitely number 9? If it is then we need to get onto the accommodation office about this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadin532)
    Well this is slightly awkward as I have just accepted a contract for room 9 in flat B4 :confused:
    Is you room definitely number 9? If it is then we need to get onto the accommodation office about this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you realise this thread is three years old haha?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused about funding and bursaries. I am unsure as to whether I'm going to be moving into student halls. So due to this fact, I need to find out when I will receive any funding, so I can arrange with estate agents possible dates to move in to accommodation.

I don't really understand what is happening
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lara_disco)
    I'm so confused about funding and bursaries. I am unsure as to whether I'm going to be moving into student halls. So due to this fact, I need to find out when I will receive any funding, so I can arrange with estate agents possible dates to move in to accommodation.

I don't really understand what is happening
    Hi,

If you give us some more information about your situation, we should be able to point you in the direction of people who can help you.

Firstly, are you planning on applying for University accommodation (i.e. accommodation owned and managed by the University of Sheffield) or private rented accommodation? Because if you're apply for University accommodation, you will definitely be given a set moving in date in September of either Saturday 20th or Sunday 21st. Moving dates for private accommodation will vary depending on the letting agent, whether there is a previous tenant that has to move out, etc. This may mean you can be more flexible on moving date, but it also might be slightly more difficult for you to find a place if you do not live in Sheffield, as you will have to arrange viewings and meet any existing housemates etc.

When you will receive funding will depend on what type of funding you are applying for - are you applying for a Student Loan through the Student Loans company? Or are you applying for funding/ a bursary through the University or the through the NHS?

If you can give us a few more facts about your situation we'll be able to advise you more specifically.

Let us know!

Best wishes,

Georgie, Student Communications Team at the University of Sheffield

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.