Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a good thing! Without stubble I get asked for ID, with stubble, rarely get asked for ID.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1405720748861.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  54.9 KB
    Was gonna attach a pic to my first post but forgot. I wear a lot of makeup when I go out in attempt to look older so the bouncers believe my ID!
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    During freshers week in my first year of university I was giving my ID to get into a club and the bouncer said I looked like a 12 year old, I was 18 at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holson)
    Name:  1405720748861.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  54.9 KB
    Was gonna attach a pic to my first post but forgot. I wear a lot of makeup when I go out in attempt to look older so the bouncers believe my ID!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then, I'll wear make up too ahaha

ReputationRep:
    Facial hair makes you look older

ReputationRep:
    As a teacher, it's irritating that I get mistaken for a sixth former sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible thing. I'm 25, but constantly told I look far younger. I think I must look around 16/17.

ReputationRep:
    I used to hate it when I was in my teens and early 20s, I actually had people being quite rude to me about it on a few occasions (I remember once getting told that I wasn't a "proper" 19 year old because I didn't look it ). I like it now I'm nearly 30.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh I'm 17 but get mistaken for a 12 year old while I am out.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrea1995ri)
    I'm 18 but people think I'm younger... If I have a beer they look at me strangely! I'm pretty tall (1.92m) but my face and my skin don't show my real age... Do you think that looking younger it is a good thing or a bad thing?:confused:
    I apologize for my bad english (I'm Italian and I'll move to UK soon to improve it)
    I'm 19 and people think in 25/26. I know it's weird but that is how people would predict my age. I was at a wedding last year I met some girls, and they asked me how old I was, so I told them to guess. They said I look 25 and that I looked much older than my eldest sister who was with me at the time. I was only 18 at the time. I also had an interview this year, and the interviewer was shocked when I told him I was only 19. Once I must have been holding my baby cousin and people thought he was my child, so I guess it's better to look young. I practically feel like a granny at times.

ReputationRep:
    People usually guess my age correctly, give or take a few years younger

I'd be upset if someone said I look older than my actual age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JindleBrey)
    People think I am older thatn I am, probably because of my beard
    Yep, when I was younger I had to grow some facial hair to avoid age-related embarrassment.
    Now I'm older I love being mistaken for someone much younger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just a dad)
    Yep, when I was younger I had to grow some facial hair to avoid age-related embarrassment.
    Now I'm older I love being mistaken for someone much younger!
    You look about 25, lookin' good fella :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmam)
    I used to hate it when I was in my teens and early 20s, I actually had people being quite rude to me about it on a few occasions (I remember once getting told that I wasn't a "proper" 19 year old because I didn't look it ). I like it now I'm nearly 30.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Move on old timer, you're stealing our spotlight :cool:

I kid,

ReputationRep:
    It's good once you get to 30 IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronmack)
    Facial hair makes you look older

It does, it makes you look older at first then my facial hair starts getting untidy and patchy and then I have to shave and look like a 12 year old again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    You look about 25, lookin' good fella :hat2:

The cheque is in the post.

ReputationRep:
    When I am well rested and looking fresh, I often get told I look like I am in my early to mid 20's. I still occasionally get asked for I.D, not as much as when I was a baby faced assassin though.

Guess my real age:
    Name:  1405786717492.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  36.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrEFeynman)
    When I am well rested and looking fresh, I often get told I look like I am in my early to mid 20's. I still occasionally get asked for I.D, not as much as when I was a baby faced assassin though.

Guess my real age:
    Name:  1405786717492.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  36.3 KB
    28?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    32 :top:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.